Colorado Supreme Court removes Trump from 2024 ballot

This is the proper decision. I think this challenges Congress as it should.
I agree, and it's very hard to argue with a 9-0 decision. For all the yammering about "states rights", it is the job of the US Congress to apply the criteria for the 14th amendment for federal elections.

I don't disagree about states applying it to states, but the majority opinion goes a bit too far. I think the liberal +1 justices had a more accurate and definitive take on it.

Those corrupt right wingers Kagan, Sotomayor, and Jackson are obviously in the tank for Trump. šŸ˜‚
The legal question has deserved a challenge which is what has happened here.

The histrionics from pundits on the right and left regarding this has been inappropriate and absurd.

The very idea individual states can unilaterally decide who can be Presidential candidates is absurd on the very face of it.

Glad the court got it right on this one.

The legal question has deserved a challenge which is what has happened here.

The histrionics from pundits on the right and left regarding this has been inappropriate and absurd.
I was being facetious. It absolutely deserved the challenge and the unanimous vote validates the courtā€™s commitment to putting the rule of law above partisan politics.

I was being facetious. It absolutely deserved the challenge and the unanimous vote validates the courtā€™s commitment to putting the rule of law above partisan politics.
In this circumstance yes. Congress being divided these days to the point of disfunction, will mean that the courts will continue to be challenged to fill in gaps.

Last edited:
those judges are in their position because of partisan politics, dumbass.
Your childish impulse to engage in silly name calling apparently impeded your reading comprehension. My comment is about how they approached the decision, not how they were placed in their positions.

If the rule of law and the constitution donā€™t apply to the President (or former president), then let anarchy reignā€¦

In America 2023 there is no place for selective enforcement of the law and the constitution.

The illegitimate, corrupt right wing majority on the SCOTUS has already sown the seeds of anarchy with several of its rulings. - An overruling of the Colorado Supreme Courtā€™s decision would water those seeds.

Reap what you sow, indeedā€¦

*nods*
9-0 šŸ˜‚

Not surprised the SC ruled states can't determine eligibility for national elections like this. There was no dissent registered.

show us someone who said that trump should be legally held from the ballot.

The Colorado Supreme court for one. The plaintiff's in that case for another. Illinois for a 3rd. Maine (IIRC) for a 4th. The list goes on.

We told you so. You refused to listen to reason and now have had your noses shoved into your own shit.

Hard to argue with a 9-0 Supreme Court decision, but it's not the victory for White Supremacy that HisArpy insinuates it is.

The very idea individual states can unilaterally decide who can be Presidential candidates is absurd on the very face of it.

Glad the court got it right on this one.
It's not the only thing absurd about US politics - the Electoral College for one, Gerry-mandering, uncontrolled lobbying, etc.

Trump was never fit to qualify as a presidential candidate & is even more unfit now after his attempted coup which failed -failed like everything else he touches & corrupts

The Colorado Supreme court for one. The plaintiff's in that case for another. Illinois for a 3rd. Maine (IIRC) for a 4th. The list goes on.

We told you so. You refused to listen to reason and now have had your noses shoved into your own shit.
carbon boi getting froggy šŸø. keep deflecting tho. you're gloating about something that no one here took the position of.

derp.

Hard to argue with a 9-0 Supreme Court decision, but it's not the victory for White Supremacy that HisArpy insinuates it is.
it's really not that victory. at all. no one was counting on the traitor not being on the ballot but he has so little to get excited about in his pathetic life.

Back