Critics Awards - The rest of us

Re: LOL........

Thesandman said:
Great line..........

"But she was as dull as the finish on my old Mazda"

Thanks for doing this Bridget......some wonderfully delightful stories coming out of this.

I'm now looking at this thread as the "best sellers" list for my selected reading!

I remain,

Thanks, SM, I enjoy sampling the writings of our buddies here. The variety of styles and strengths is delightful! If others are motivated to read more of our friends' writings, then I think that is the best award.

:rose: b

Re: Similes and Metaphors

bridgetkeeney said:
The rose award for the best simile in a story goes to jfinn for Amy's Smile ch1.

Jayne-

"But she was as dull as the finish on my old Mazda" is too perfect! I am eagerly chomping my way through the whole series. :rose:

Aw shucks :cathappy: this is such a surprise!

(Now I know you said cold hard cash, Bridget, but would a money order do? ;) )

Jayne

Re: Re: Similes and Metaphors

jfinn said:
Aw shucks :cathappy: this is such a surprise!

(Now I know you said cold hard cash, Bridget, but would a money order do? ;) )

Jayne

Jayne-

How about you just finish the Amy series?!!!

Talk about leaving me hanging!

And there is nothing worse.........

Than leaving a woman hanging.

Personally, I think that should be a capital offence!

<grin>

I remain,

'Tis the Season

The rose for most aptly describing "that look" that men get goes to Kiwi Wolf for Twas the Night Before Christmas .

KW-

"I was doing my best stunned mullet impression; mouth opening and closing," ROFLMAO. Thanks for a great image! :rose:

LOL.........

It's been so long since Laurel's given me one now, that I decided she changed the meaning behind giving them. And now they mean "Empty".

Certainly made me feel better........

I remain,

The E award:

It's been so long since Laurel's given me one now, that I decided she changed the meaning behind giving them. And now they mean "Empty".

While you may be right Sandman, I doubt that Laurel thinks so. This is not to say that her standards are higher than anyone elses, but it is her site, and she is allowed her opinion, even if like most opinions it is biased. And it being her site makes her opinion that much more influencial than ours. Does she write stories of her own, and post them here? I really don't know, but I sincerely doubt it. It would drive a normal author insane to rule the roost over such a sight, and have to read everything that comes in. No, she's probably just a reader like most of those who come to this site, which makes her aptly suited for monitoring it. Her tastes in stories then is a matter of conjecture at best, but I'd have to say that she is literate, and well educated at worst. So E probably means the story is Enthusiastically received by her.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

I'm Just a Gigolo

The American Gigolo rose goes to ProofreadManx for Melia's Time .

PRM-

Richard Gere ain't got nothing on Hunter! :rose:

Re: Re: Re: Similes and Metaphors

bridgetkeeney said:
Jayne-

How about you just finish the Amy series?!!!

Talk about leaving me hanging!

Yes, Bridget. (Skulks off to stare at the same damn blank computer screen I've been looking at for the last two months.)

Jayne

Re: Back to work!

MathGirl said:
We want Bridget
We want Bridget
We want Bridget

Don't be selfish, MG. Bridget has to work on the awards, she doesn't have time to play with you right now.

;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Similes and Metaphors

jfinn said:
Yes, Bridget. (Skulks off to stare at the same damn blank computer screen I've been looking at for the last two months.)

Jayne

Jayne-

You are in good company. David Weber and Janny Wurts have also suckered me into their series without an end in sight. At least you don't have me pre-ordering the hardbacks on Amazon. :D

Sending you inspirational wishes,

Re: Re: Re: Re: Similes and Metaphors

jfinn said:

Jayne

I think we have the same computer screen! :confused: ;)

Pookie :rose:

Thought Provoking

And the rose for the story that made me really think goes to dr_mabeuse for Judith .

dr_m- I really liked the way you showed Judith to be who she was and then showed how she could have the courage to become more. :rose:

Re: Swedish?

bridgetkeeney said:
The rose for best testimonial for always having your American Express card goes to Svenskaflicka for Why I Hate Charles DeGaulle Airport.

Svenska- I can't believe you let your husband fly through CDG after that experience! :rose:

*giggle*

If only we had a choice!

You all had to put up with the live version of this story's sequel when I was waiting for Hubby to come over here two weeks ago. Well, when he went home, he got robbed - at CDG airport..! Where else?

They took his mobile and his wallet.

How about your troops forget the Iraqians and attack the REAL scums of this earth - the French!:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Swedish?

Svenskaflicka said:
[BHow about your troops forget the Iraqians and attack the REAL scums of this earth - the French!:rolleyes: [/B]

The French are the only nation in history to lose two wars to the Italians. Now THAT'S hard to do.
MG

Svenskaflicka, I just read your piece on the CdG airport. Y'all two really need to bite the bullet and one of you move. Come to America. You're not the kind of people we're trying to keep out. :)

My daughter had most of her jewelry stolen at CdG airport. Oh, and if you go to London, don't go during Christmas week. My whole family did and the place was closed. We ended up eating Indian convenience food for Christmas dinner in our hotel rooms. I'll grant you that Indian convenience food dinner beats all hell out of American convenience food dinner, but still...!

Why Getting Old Looks Great

The rose for the story that makes getting old look great goes to SlickTony for Carnival.

Tony-

Do I have to wait until I am two years younger than Bonnie Raitt to have such an intense Carnival experience? :rose:

Svenska, that's remarkable.

I've flown through Detroit Metro many times and never had a problem. You'd think I would have been murdered by now.

Richard Gere spoke terrible Swedish in that movie.

I would have thought that it would be like what Dr. Samuel Johnson said about dogs walking on their hind legs--it's not done well, but you're surprised to find it done at all.

Bridget, thanks so much for your kind words!:cathappy:

Back