Critics Awards - The rest of us

I'm depressed

TheEarl said:
I think Bridget was right on the money with the award she gave me. It was to the story which I consider my most mediocre.

Averageness rules!

The Earl

I thought the story of mine that won the B'kini award, as they will soon be dubbed and coveted, was one of my best... Shit, I think I've acheived my goal of mediocrity, Now what goal do I try to acheive.

If I was above average (what a nice term) I would have many goals, but only being mediocre, I only have one... This may take some time. Perhaps I could follow MG's train of thought and go for perfectly mediocre mediocrity... Which means I wouldn't be eligible for a B'kini award... I'm getting confused... Do I sound like a politician?

Tell the truth B'kini... Did you have to look alluvial up in a dictionary? You are the wise one... Rose petals for your path and buff young men fanning you with large palm leaves is my wish for you...

by any other name...

MG-

Dear, remember statistics... much better to phrase things in the not negative...

So, I would say that the phrase you are looking for is above bird cage papering and below nobel laureate....

And I am going back to add the link for Freida... people need to read that story and laugh...

:rose:b

Re: I'm depressed

Just_John1 said:
Tell the truth B'kini... Did you have to look alluvial up in a dictionary? You are the wise one... Rose petals for your path and buff young men fanning you with large palm leaves is my wish for you...

JJ1-

If you are looking for the A student... Octavian started it!

The laudits are sweet, but unnecessary... I am deriving great satisfaction from the number of well-seasoned visitors on this thread... ;) Thanks! *blushing again*

:rose: b

$#%&^%*

bridgetkeeney said:
MG-
So, I would say that the phrase you are looking for is above bird cage papering and below nobel laureate....

And I am going back to add the link for Freida... people need to read that story and laugh...

:rose:b

Dear BKeeney,
That should be qualified by stating that it's MUCH closer to bird cage material than the other.

I sure wish I knew how to add links. $%^&^*)( I could build a sophisticated computer from the ground up, but sometimes software is a mystery to me.

Isn't it amazing how a thread that starts as an inane comment can snowball into something truly mediocre?

Diane the Easily Mystified

Last edited:
that's what friends are for...

Diane-

I have learned from my other friends like you that you tend to sandbag when you just don't want to do something.

I, being the soft touch that I am, will play along and say, "Oh, Diane, I don't mind! Let me do it for you!" ( I should have done it to start with.)

Frieda the Cat

:rose:

Re: that's what friends are for...

bridgetkeeney said:
Diane-I have learned from my other friends like you that you tend to sandbag when you just don't want to do something.
I, being the soft touch that I am, will play along and say, "Oh, Diane, I don't mind! Let me do it for you!" ( I should have done it to start with.)L=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=70222]Frieda the Cat[/URL]
:rose:

Dear BKeeney,
Thank you for your help. What I really wanted, though, was to know how to do it. I can't get URLs to appear on my screen.

As they say: "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set fire to a man, and he'll remember you for the rest of his life."

I think that's how the saying goes.

The First Time

KD, "The First Time" is mildly mediocre as a title, but what about a story titled: "My Eleventh or Twelfth time--I Forget Exactly"?

Or how about an incest story: "My Third Cousin Twice Removed From Out Of Town"?

How about a BDSM story called "Chinese Finger-Trapped and Loving It"

How about a scene where the guy unzips his pants and the woman glances with mild interest at his five-inch penis while he notes in passing her perfectly normal-sized breasts?

What we really want to do is find that writer who comes closest to a perfect 3 overall average rating. They're the one who should get the bouquest of Parsley, which is, after all, the most mediocre of garnishes.

---dr.M.

Re: The First Time, Once Removed

dr_mabeuse said:

What we really want to do is find that writer who comes closest to a perfect 3 overall average rating. They're the one who should get the bouquest of Parsley, which is, after all, the most mediocre of garnishes.

---dr.M.

Dear Dr M,

I think you've captured the true spirit of this thread.

Diane the Moderately Impressed

MG gets a double award for the scariest av of the week and also the one provoking the best double take. Scrolling past in another thread and saw this horrific visage out the corner of my eye, resulting a truly award-winning doubletake.

The Earl

too much work...

MG and dr_m-

Searching for mediocrity.... now that sounds like work! I prefer giving awards out to the great majority of us who have average stories and no hope of ever getting an official award. Much less work.

:rose: b

Searching for mediocrity

bridgetkeeney said:
Searching for mediocrity.... now that sounds like work! :rose: b

Dear BKeeney,

Pull yourself together woman! History is rife with people who spent their lives searching for something that either wasn't there or wasn't worth finding anyway.

Don't quit now. You're an inspiration to us all.

Diane the Motivator

.jpg

Technical question:

Does anyone know how to add a .jpg image to a post? If so, will you please tell me?

Thank you, Diane

Adding a .jpg (or a URL)

Diane,

click on Control Panel (shown in Blue near the top of this page) then click on Edit Profile when you get to your Control Panel.

Look down the left hand side, where you will find Signature, and having found that, look for vB Code is ON

Click on the vB Code and lo, all will be revealed.

Alex

LMAO..........

Fantastic thread..........

Ok, any awards for stories that you wish to hell you'd NEVER posted? Like half of mine? LOL........

I remain,

LMAO.......

Actually....probably the first half of every story I've written. If I leave it to the second half, they might not be as fucking long as everyone seems to think they are. *grin*.

I remain,

Re: LMAO.......

Thesandman said:
Actually....probably the first half of every story I've written. If I leave it to the second half, they might not be as fucking long as everyone seems to think they are. *grin*.

I remain,

like the average date....if only we could skip the first half

Re: .jpg

MathGirl said:
Technical question:

Does anyone know how to add a .jpg image to a post? If so, will you please tell me?

Thank you, Diane

I know you can use html code in the signature line. I entered <center> </center> to get the links in my sig to center below. I believe you can use image references the same way although I didn't try that yet.

Pookie

Last edited:
Re: Re: LMAO.......

sirhugs said:
like the average date....if only we could skip the first half

If you don't have a first half to a date, how do you know if you will even want a second half? ;)

Pookie :rose:

Sort of like dating in high school.......

"If you don't have a first half to a date, how do you know if you will even want a second half?

Pookie "

You have someone take the girl out you want to be with, let him buy her all the snacks at the drive in. Show up...beat the shit out of him, prove your manhood, and walla. You take over.

I can't believe I just said that.........

I remain.....(someone else)

I read something clever somewhere once: "if all women would make a rule of always falling for the guy who gets beaten up instead of the one who beats up people, men would stop being so aggressive".

Back