Do Opposites Attract? - D/s Style

Thanks for bumping this, Eb...

This thread started me to thinking about the relationship that Arden and I have together. When we first met on the boards we became fast friends. She knew my background in BDSM and D/s and it did cause her some anguish at first. I thought I'd lost her as a friend altogether, at one point, when I told her of a severe punishment I had once given out. But, for some reason she kept reading and talking to people and has grown so much because of it. There are not many ways you could be more opposite then we were. I had had more than 15 years in a D/s relationship, she only had feelings and urges. None of which she had ever had the chance to act upon. I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to be able to give her her first spanking, across my lap and on a spanking bench bound by chains and cuffs.

Friendship and eventually love was our common denominator. She now has very few limits and I feel like in many ways I'm starting all over again. Proof positive opposites can attract, I think.

Speaking strictly of D/s lifestyle experience, we were indeed opposites in the beginning. Despite my fears regarding a single incident in his past, I refused to walk away. Realizing that something is worth fighting for takes strength. I knew that life had much more to offer us, if I only had the strength and perseverance to go on.

Sometimes, there can be things far greater than a common lifestyle that hold you together. Two minds that think alike on so many matters. Two souls that have become entwined despite the differences that may have existed at one point in time. Two hearts that beat as one, whether together or apart. I feel blessed that I've had the opportunity to experience these things that I've only dreamed of before.

The ability to look beyond differences, and work together on the relationship makes all the difference in the world. It requires much trust, patience and love at times. Having the knowledge to see what you can give to a relationship is priceless.

Edited for clarity...

Last edited:
Soron said:
Thanks for bumping this, Eb...

This thread started me to thinking about the relationship that Arden and I have together. When we first met on the boards we became fast friends. She knew my background in BDSM and D/s and it did cause her some anguish at first. I thought I'd lost her as a friend altogether, at one point, when I told her of a severe punishment I had once given out. But, for some reason she kept reading and talking to people and has grown so much because of it. There are not many ways you could be more opposite then we were. I had had more than 15 years in a D/s relationship, she only had feelings and urges. None of which she had ever had the chance to act upon. I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to be able to give her her first spanking, across my lap and on a spanking bench bound by chains and cuffs.

Friendship and eventually love was our common denominator. She now has very few limits and I feel like in many ways I'm starting all over again. Proof positive opposites can attract, I think.

Thank you Soron for posting Your thoughts on your relationship with Arden.

I especially like what you said about friendship initially being the initial common denominator. I think that is so important in the evolution of any relationship.

Arden said:
Speaking strictly of D/s lifestyle experience, we were indeed opposites in the beginning. Despite my fears regarding a single incident in his past, I refused to walk away. Realizing that something is worth fighting for takes strength. I knew that life had much more to offer us, if I only had the strength and perseverance to go on.

Sometimes, there can be things far greater than a common lifestyle that hold you together. Two minds that think alike on so many matters. Two souls that have become entwined despite the differences that may have existed at one point in time. Two hearts that beat as one, whether together or apart. I feel blessed that I've had the opportunity to experience these things that I've only dreamed of before.

The ability to look beyond differences, and work together on the relationship makes all the difference in the world. It requires much trust, patience and love at times. Having the knowledge to see what you can give to a relationship is priceless.

Edited for clarity...

Thank you Arden for posting your thoughts on the evolution of your journey with Soron.

I know that others will find your thoughts beneficial.

Back