EEK! Sorry sorry sorry sorry

Expanding on Perdita's quiry...

Perdita,

You wrote a few postings ago that being "Mex" somehow meant you weren't into the drug part of the "sex, drugs and rock 'n roll" hippie-pot culture of that creatively stimulating, but bygone era (of which Detroit was one of the epi-centers). Shit, now you have me thinking of the sexual stage energies of Bob Seger and Ted Nugent.

My post script was wondering if your being of Mexican heritage really made you that much different regarding the allure of the mystique? I suggest it had less to do with your ethnic background, more to do with your respect for the conventional rules and perhaps, a bit of fear that you might catch hell from your parents.

No big deal.

Clay

"...with points of her own, so firm and high"

Re: Expanding on Perdita's quiry...

Wow, Tanner, you're a close reader, I like that. Yep, being Mex in Detroit made me exotic. To me 'drugs' were all heroin, learned about from what I knew then of the jazz scene. Marijuana was what La cucaracha did, haha. Oh, yeah, Seger and the MC5, saw them before anyone outside Motown knew who they were. Kick out the jams, MoFo! from an auditorium at the local U. Joni Mitchell too before she ditched her husband, don't even recall name; "Joni and Chuck"? Dylan played a small club too, very sparse audience, nice.

Crap, I really don't enjoy reminiscing about 313 (as Em puts it).

Nah, I never feared catching hell from my mom (padre died early), she had no idea who I was or what I did (good Catholic school training in subterfuge).

Perditatata :p

Rhinhombre, who smudged you? Was it on purpose?

p.s. my best friend went to h.s. w/Diana Ross, who was a grand bitch already, but really well dressed.

One upspersonship

perdita said:
p.s. my best friend went to h.s. w/Diana Ross
Dear Perdita,
Ha! That's nothing! My grandpa knows Jerry Lee Lewis.
Superiorly,
MG

I wasn't bragging, MG. Diana Ross is scum to me.

humbly, Perdita

Edited to add: Her treatment of Florence Ballard was unforgivable; that's when the original Princess Di lost all my admiration but for her earlier voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: One upspersonship

MathGirl said:
Dear Perdita,
Ha! That's nothing! My grandpa knows Jerry Lee Lewis.
Superiorly,
MG
WELL, my mommy worked with Jerry Lee. She was a copy writer at a radio station in Alexandria, La. where he worked briefly as a DJ after getting tossed out of H/S.

So there!

Rumple Foreskin

Re: Re: One upspersonship

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin WELL, my mommy worked with Jerry Lee. She was a copy writer at a radio station in Alexandria, La. where he worked briefly as a DJ after getting tossed out of H/S. So there!
Dear Rumple,
You win! I sure can't top that one.
MG
Ps. I've seen the Xmas cards JLL sends to Grampa. They're always weird.

Re: Re: Re: One upspersonship

MathGirl said:
Dear Rumple,
You win! I sure can't top that one.
MG
Ps. I've seen the Xmas cards JLL sends to Grampa. They're always weird.
Since my mother never got a card from JLL, I declare it a tie. As for the cards being weird, consider the sender.

RF

Re: Re: Re: Re: One upspersonship

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin As for the cards being weird, consider the sender.
Dear Rumple,
Grampa likes JLL. Says he's a very soft spoken, nice guy. He's also known Jimmy Swaggart forever. He was born a loudmouthed asshole and has remained true to himself all his life.
Genealogically,
MG

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One upspersonship

MathGirl said:
Dear Rumple,
Grampa likes JLL. Says he's a very soft spoken, nice guy. He's also known Jimmy Swaggart forever. He was born a loudmouthed asshole and has remained true to himself all his life.
Genealogically,
MG
Mother used to say the same sort of thing abut JLL. "Just a real nice, polite boy."

Since you're grandfather touched based with JLL and cousin JS, what about the other famous cousin, Mickey Gilley?

RF

rhinoguy said:
oh reeeealllly?
I knew somebodee who once went to a concert where famous people played.

rhino-so nyah

Man, i even went to a concert mahsself.

Nah na-na na-naaah na.

(And my commie of a great grandfather shook hands with Stalin. He is no JLL, but anyway.)

Last edited:
Icingsugar said:
Man, i even went to a concert mahsself.

Nah na-na na-naaah na.

(And my commie of a great grandfather shook hands with Stalin. He is no JLL, but anyway.)

Wow! And he lived to tell the tale?

Well... my war hero of a Grandfather witnessed the scenes after Mussolini's death. He saw his naked body hanging by the ankles, in a town square, near Lake Como. That's not a nice one, I know, but my Grandad used to love telling me all about it.

Lou

Well, I met the Dalai Lama a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it changed my life.

nirvana-likely, Perdita :rose:

Dali Lama

Ok, Perdita, I can understand how the Dali Lama can have such an impact for he is on an intimate chatting level with God herself and all. But, I have had the pleasure of conversing with Oprah both on camera and off. Trumps or not?

Clay (reflects momentarily on why this thread is named what it is and kindred self-fulfilling prophecies)

Oh, and I've been chased by a roaring drunk Liam Gallagher armed with a beer bottle. He was pretty easy to outrun.

/Ice - emptied out on stardom now

Clay, the Dalai Lama is the reincarnation of the Buddha; far as I can tell zip to do with God. Mostly I was impressed that he seemed like an ordinary bloke (despite the colorful wraps); quite avuncular.

Oprha? Pfffft!

Perdita

perdita said:
Clay, the Dalai Lama is the reincarnation of the Buddha; far as I can tell zip to do with God. Mostly I was impressed that he seemed like an ordinary bloke (despite the colorful wraps); quite avuncular.

Oprha? Pfffft!

Perdita

He mentioned in an interview I read that he has phobia for big dogs. I think that is pretty cool for someone considered a divinity to admit. :)

And he might or might not have a broadband connection with the one in charge. The fact that he calls him/het/it by a different name (or no name at all) are just formalities IMO.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One upspersonship

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin Since you're grandfather touched based with JLL and cousin JS, what about the other famous cousin, Mickey Gilley?
Dear Rumple,
I d-d-d-d-doubt it.
MG

Back