Esperanza's Illustrated Poetry Thread

The sight of an attractive woman, partially clothed or nude preferably in a natural setting, with a few well chosen words is both simple and elegant and certainly sensual. I enjoy these postings very much.

snowflakesjpegupload.jpg

I am no expert at haiku, and others more knowledgeable about that form may question what little insight I have about it.

Nonetheless, it seems to me there needs to be a subtlety about its construction to make it artful. Otherwise, just about anyone can string together 17 syllables with a little alliteration.

This poem certainly contains the expected natural theme with the three 5-7-5 syllable verses, but what caught my eye and ear was the rhythm and syntax. All but one syllable began with a soft consonant which nicely accentuated "kisses" for me. And the syntax of two simple sentences with the first the more dominant from its adverbial phrase made the second one sound and look in that subtle contrast a wonderful concluding image of harmony.

I am no expert at haiku, and others more knowledgeable about that form may question what little insight I have about it.

Nonetheless, it seems to me there needs to be a subtlety about its construction to make it artful. Otherwise, just about anyone can string together 17 syllables with a little alliteration.

This poem certainly contains the expected natural theme with the three 5-7-5 syllable verses, but what caught my eye and ear was the rhythm and syntax. All but one syllable began with a soft consonant which nicely accentuated "kisses" for me. And the syntax of two simple sentences with the first the more dominant from its adverbial phrase made the second one sound and look in that subtle contrast a wonderful concluding image of harmony.

Thank you for the analysis. I've never taken the complexities of haiku to that level. Words simply come, sound good and I write them. This gives me something to ponder on in future efforts, and is appreciated.

Esperanza

if a man wrote something as tellingly romantic as this for me, i'd be very happy :)

ok, trying again.

saved in GIF format, it's lost a lot of resolution. sigh. hopefully it won't ruin the effect.

writers write

Attachments

• poppies123.GIF
    poppies123.GIF
    17.9 KB · Views: 23
That's a lovely poem. Hard to see, so I'll post the words.

crumpled paper poppies
spring
and flourish
pretty as a rash
nodding on opinion's breeze
rooting in the blood of memory's quiet seeds
disturbed by sorrow's plowshare
cutting,
carving

Folks, this is Chipbutty's poem from above--not mine.

Last edited:
Fixed a small flaw, sorry chipbutty. I pm'd the correction, your box is full.

That's a lovely poem. Hard to see, so I'll post the words.

crumpled paper poppies
spring
and flourish
pretty as a rash
nodding on opinion's breeze
rooting in the blood of memory's quiet seeds
disturbed by sorrow's plowshare
cutting,
carving

Folks, this is Chipbutty's poem from above--not mine.

Nice marriage of photo and words. I like the way her body cups and supports the text.

Thanks you DeepGreenEyes :rose:

A black and white nude of a woman is lovely. The words should only enhance, and not take your eyes away from that wonderful body. She makes me frisky. ;)

Back