Esperanza's Illustrated Poetry Thread

Did you take that one??? Damn! Nice.

And so is the photo. :)

Oh Gosh, no.

I can't take credit for the photographs. They are generally acquired for a small sum from an outside royalty free source. I wish I could take pictures like I find. I simply marry a picture that strikes me to words, or vice versa. The poetry and layout are my work.

Espie

Thismentor.jpg

i can't find it. the link takes me to page not found :( i'll try again

heretics

(edit: it's come out blurry. will redo another time. :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• sunset heretics.JPG
    sunset heretics.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 63
Thanks! That poems to a wonderful friend of mine.

Do you ever upload your illustrated poetry to Lit?

never uploaded anything to lit other than what appears here on these threads. it's enough for me right now :D

why does it look perfectly clear in Paint, till I save it? grrrrr

Last edited:
never uploaded anything to lit other than what appears here on these threads. it's enough for me right now :D

why does it look perfectly clear in Paint, till I save it? grrrrr

IDK, I use coral draw and have to convert to jpeg to web optimize. Then I post at photobucket (nonnudes) or onemodelplace (nudes) and link it. It does a decent job.

Sometimes the web doesn't convert fonts well. So I generally will create the entire peice as a jpeg bitmap, and it seems to only loose a small bit of color and the fonts generally maintain distinction. A lot of trial and error. I try, though often unsuccessfully, to feature the words over the picture. 'Tis difficult to pull off effectively, but nonetheless, fun.

By the way, paper poppies is beauty to me. Truly a wonderful work, and you can count me in as a fan.

Espie

Dear Espie, I am humbled and delighted to read through this thread, so many lovely words and images so perfectly matched. Thank you so much:kiss::heart::rose:

Beautiful, Esperanza!!! I love everything about it. Great job.

Please remember to keep posting more poems in the future.

There's really good illustration software for free called paint.net.

Download it and fool with it. It's just like paint and photoshop all in one. Some great stuff.
Instructional videos can be found on youtube.

Back