Family of Origin

Re: Re: Re: Hmmmmmmm

pop_54 said:
...A certain part of the event / s was a little bit of an anti-climax for me, but not for her, I want to tell it as it is, she wants it shall we say, bent a little.

Whichever way, I can't stop making it all seem contrived and full of cliche's, that's the trouble with real life, cliche's come from real life. Another problem, the whole episode and evening concerned was contrived, two devious people, contrived and counter contrived as it were, planned and plotted, in order to make it happen, until it all fell into place in spite of their efforts in the end.
I understand that feeling *very* well. Once I get my "Exhausted by Hubby" series fully posted, you'll see what I mean. The whole story feels contrived and cliched, in large part because we did it specificially to write about it. But, it's still pretty hot and real to those outside of the couple.

There are a lot of single folks out there who've never been inside a "couple" and there are a lot of couples who don't have the kind of easy familiarity that us old married folks do. For them, it isn't anywhere near as contrived-feeling because they don't get to do this every day.

The best literature takes the reader somewhere that he/she has never been. Inside your relationship is somewhere that most of us have never been.
I write bits, then sit back and read it, and say to myself, "That doesn't look right, that doesn't happen in real life".

Then I answer myself, "Don't be a twat, it happened didn't it,...
Exactly the point. The truth of the event trumps lack of believability. Couples do a lot of things that "don't happen in real life" simply because they damn well feel like it and there's no one else watching.

Have you considered doing a he-said/she-said story? The two of you each write your own version the way you felt it? That way both sets of truth come out and we get to see how your individual minds combine to make a melded conciousness.

Yes, that would be extremely intimate and it might be more revelation than you want to share... but pretty please? I want to read it!

Back