Favorite Movie Quotes

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

“In light of that story I don’t know how you can romanticize your relationship with that girl - she broke your heart and inadvertently drove men to deviant lifestyles.”

"Hypothetical situation, huh? I standing on a street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. Says that if I go home with her for five dollars, she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony!"

Kick my ass? KICK MY ASS? Woooooohhhoooo! Get on your little fuckin bikes and ride away.

A lot of people miss this one because the shot is taken at a distance.

"Front, bow. Back, stern. If ya don't get it right, squirt, I throw your ass out the little round window on the side."

"Hypothetical situation, huh? I standing on a street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. Says that if I go home with her for five dollars, she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony!"
Callahan completely changes his mind about her by the end of the movie. Perhaps this role helped Tyne Daly get a lead in Cagney and Lacey five years later.

That roundabout is at 72nd Street just off the Henry Hudson Parkway.

"There's nothing else; just us and the cameras and those wonderful people out there in the dark."
I'll give a hint: the director is Billy Wilder. He also directed this one: "There's a speed limit in this state, Mister Neff: forty-five miles an hour."

Billy Wilder didn’t direct that one… but I have only seen a few of his movies.
1941 was directed by Spielberg. Wilder was quite a bit older. I'll give you another hint: the release date was twenty-nine years before 1941. Or to put it another way, nine years after the events of the real 1941.

P.S. The other Wilder film quoted was released in 1944.

Back