Favorite Movie Quotes

And TV too… I guess most people had not fired a snub nosed 38 and realized how unlikely hitting the target is at any distance… 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, someone had a video about gun fights in movies and TV shows: six-shot revolvers that fire nine or more times without being reloaded, M-16s or whatever being fired on full automatic long after the magazine would be empty, etc. Also, they rarely show how deafening the noise is, especially inside a room or building.

Here's another one with some unlikely gun play. "All right, Garza, we give you 100% in acrobatics." Hint: it was made year before White Heat.

As I get older, I find I enjoy “modern” movies and tv shows less and less, so I would suck at that. But please feel free to make another thread for exactly that!
I've noticed that some old movies that could have been done in color are actually more effective in black-and-white. Hard to say why, but they they seem more believable by not being in Technicolor or whatever. White Heat is one. Also, A Night to Remember, Paths of Glory, Sunset Boulevard. Kubrick used black-and-white as late as 1962 in Lolita.

Peter Sellers is just - creepy somehow. That lady he's dancing with is at least 25 years ahead of her time with that "punk" look she's got.

We aren’t going to go into Bill Murray’s brilliant performance in “Little Shop Of Horrors” right?

Just kidding.. go on… he and Steve were awesome! And do not get me going on Levi Stubbs! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I've noticed that some old movies that could have been done in color are actually more effective in black-and-white. Hard to say why, but they they seem more believable by not being in Technicolor or whatever. White Heat is one. Also, A Night to Remember, Paths of Glory, Sunset Boulevard. Kubrick used black-and-white as late as 1962 in Lolita.
What gets me are some of the big-budget movies that were done in black and white in the early 60's. The Longest Day had about every American film star and half the European ones, but they did a cinematic epic about D-Day in B&W.

What gets me are some of the big-budget movies that were done in black and white in the early 60's. The Longest Day had about every American film star and half the European ones, but they did a cinematic epic about D-Day in B&W.
Black and white had more verisimilitude for people growing up with news reels and newspapers.

Color was for lavish musicals and comedies or melodramas

Tree Trimmer: (To fellow tree trimmer after Lane falls into a dump truck when trying to commit suicide off of a bridge) Man, that’s a real shame when folks be throwin’ away a perfectly good white boy like that.
One of the funniest, and most quotable movies ever!!

Here's a few others: "Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky!"

"This is pure snow! Do you know what the street value of this is?"

"It's an awesome race!"

"Do you have Christmas in France? You know...(squeezing cheeks) Chrissss-mas...Chrisss-mass"

"It's got raisins....you like raisins"

Shall I keep going? 😆

I think you have to
Haha...in that case...

"Everybody wants some"

"Four weeks, 20 papers, that's 2 dollars"
"Gee Johnny, I don't have a dime"
(Steps foot in door) "didn't ask for a dime. 2 dollars (opens switchblade comb and runs through hair) Cash!!"

"Go this way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn"

"Lane, I've been going to this school for seven years. I'm no dummy"

"You wash your hands on your own time"

Haha...in that case...

"Everybody wants some"

"Four weeks, 20 papers, that's 2 dollars"
"Gee Johnny, I don't have a dime"
(Steps foot in door) "didn't ask for a dime. 2 dollars (opens switchblade comb and runs through hair) Cash!!"

"Go this way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn"

"Lane, I've been going to this school for seven years. I'm no dummy"

"You wash your hands on your own time"
John Cusack movies always have some amazing one liners

Martin Q. Blank: [Leaving a message on Dr. Oatman's machine] Dr. Oatman, please pick up, pick up! It's Martin Blank! I, I'm standing where my, uh, living room was and it's not here because my house is gone and it's an Ultimart! You can never go home again, Oatman... but I guess you can shop there.

Back