Favorite Movie Quotes

I was reminded today of one of my favorite movie quotes, “You made a shocking mess of my hair, you sadistic brute!

I thought it might be fun to start a thread of favorite quotes (please, no more than 4 or 5 lines, we don’t want the whole scene).

You can say where it is from, or let people guess. But this isn’t a “answer that, post a new one” thread… just post quotes you like, guess on where it’s from if you want to. Hopefully it will be fun, and some quotes are thought provoking, others are just plain funny (I love both). 🥰🥰🥰🥰
Donnie, you're out of your element!

• Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?
  • Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?
  • Mr. Posner: [laughing] That's right, you don't.
  • Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?
  • Mr. Posner: Tell me.
  • Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...
  • [points to Posner's right cheek]
  • Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.
  • Mr. Posner: Really?
  • Billy Jack: Really.

• Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?
  • Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?
  • Mr. Posner: [laughing] That's right, you don't.
  • Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?
  • Mr. Posner: Tell me.
  • Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...
  • [points to Posner's right cheek]
  • Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.
  • Mr. Posner: Really?
  • Billy Jack: Really.
I haven’t watched Billy Jack in years.. but that is a good movie. 🥰🥰🥰

“Al, you're like a dad to me.”
“But I'm not your dad. I'm just a guy taking 15 percent.”
“I thought it was 10.”
“I’m just a guy taking 10 percent.”

It’s one of those quotes that just stuck in my head since I saw the movie. I don’t know why, but I thought it was amusing. It’s from The Scout with Brandon Fraser.

Long one, but from my favorite movie of all time, that I'm going to watch tonight.. Contact.

• Panel member: Doctor Arroway, you come to us with no evidence, no record, no artifacts. Only a story that to put it mildly strains credibility. Over half a trillion dollars was spent, dozens of lives were lost. Are you really going to sit there and tell us we should just take this all... on faith?
  • [pause, Ellie looks at Palmer]
  • Michael Kitz: Please answer the question, doctor.
  • Ellie Arroway: Is it possible that it didn't happen? Yes. As a scientist, I must concede that, I must volunteer that.
  • Michael Kitz: Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You admit that you have absolutely no physical evidence to back up your story.
  • Ellie Arroway: Yes.
  • Michael Kitz: You admit that you very well may have hallucinated this whole thing.
  • Michael Kitz: You admit that if you were in our position, you would respond with exactly the same degree of incredulity and skepticism!
  • Ellie Arroway: Yes!
  • Michael Kitz: [standing, angrily] Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede that this "journey to the center of the galaxy," in fact, never took place!
  • Ellie Arroway: Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.

Long one, but from my favorite movie of all time, that I'm going to watch tonight.. Contact.

• Panel member: Doctor Arroway, you come to us with no evidence, no record, no artifacts. Only a story that to put it mildly strains credibility. Over half a trillion dollars was spent, dozens of lives were lost. Are you really going to sit there and tell us we should just take this all... on faith?
  • [pause, Ellie looks at Palmer]
  • Michael Kitz: Please answer the question, doctor.
  • Ellie Arroway: Is it possible that it didn't happen? Yes. As a scientist, I must concede that, I must volunteer that.
  • Michael Kitz: Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You admit that you have absolutely no physical evidence to back up your story.
  • Michael Kitz: You admit that you very well may have hallucinated this whole thing.
  • Michael Kitz: You admit that if you were in our position, you would respond with exactly the same degree of incredulity and skepticism!
  • Ellie Arroway: Yes!
  • Michael Kitz: [standing, angrily] Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede that this "journey to the center of the galaxy," in fact, never took place!
  • Ellie Arroway: Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.
I have not seen it! 😱😱😱😱
Ok, putting it on the list.

It is an older movie :) It came out in 1997 - and I remember seeing it in the middle of the week and I was the only one in the theater. My memory isn't always good, but for some reason I always remember that.
Before I was born 😁
Sounds like a good memory.
Just googled it and it sounds like something I would like.
Will most definitely see it.

“I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe. Attack Ships On Fire Off The Shoulder Of Orion. I Watched C-Beams Glitter In The Dark Near The Tannhauser Gate.
All Those Moments Will Be Lost In Time, Like Tears In Rain.”

“I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe. Attack Ships On Fire Off The Shoulder Of Orion. I Watched C-Beams Glitter In The Dark Near The Tannhauser Gate.
All Those Moments Will Be Lost In Time, Like Tears In Rain.”
Wow, I haven't seen that movie in forever...

Back