Favorite Movie Quotes

“Is that you professor Fleeber of NYU?”
I had to look that up. I've never seen The Freshman.

Arthur Fleeber, NYU Professor : "Senator, my offer is this: Nothing." In that one moment, Michael Corleone says that all corruption is equal - that there is no separation between politics and gangsterism. Now, in the Fleeber treatise, "Guns and Provolone," what point is made about the similarities between Karl Marx's "Das Kapital," Immanuel Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," and the Lake Tahoe scene from "Godfather II?"

I had to look that up. I've never seen The Freshman.

Arthur Fleeber, NYU Professor : "Senator, my offer is this: Nothing." In that one moment, Michael Corleone says that all corruption is equal - that there is no separation between politics and gangsterism. Now, in the Fleeber treatise, "Guns and Provolone," what point is made about the similarities between Karl Marx's "Das Kapital," Immanuel Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," and the Lake Tahoe scene from "Godfather II?"
You absolutely need to see The Freshman, it’s one of my favorite movies ever.

“Mein Herz schwebt in Blut! That means 'My Heart Swims In Blood'. ”

The Fleeber scene is here. This is the kind of thing that people have piled up $1.7 trillion in student debt to obtain over the past forty years or so.

Sonny : Hey!

Satan's Messengers : Oh, you again.

Sonny : That wasn't very nice. Now youse gotta leave.

Satan's Messengers : I'll tell you when the fuck we leave alright. Get the fuck away from me.

Satan's Messengers : [the bikers laugh at Sonny as he walks to the door] Go watch the bikes eh!

[Sonny locks the front door. All the bikers look and curse at him]

Sonny : Now youse can't leave.

Calogero 'C' Anello : [narrating] "I will never forget the look on their faces. All eight of them. Their faces dropped. All their courage and strength was drained right from their bodies. They had reputation for breaking up bars, but they knew that instant, they'd made a fatal mistake. This time they walked into the wrong bar."
No idea what this is… but I might need to watch it. 🤣🤣🤣

A Bronx Tale
Supposedly set in Belmont, but most of it was filmed in Astoria, Queens. Some good Bronx scenes in The Wanderers (filmed in 1979 but set in 1963). This starts at Lydig and Holland Avenues; the luncheonette is now a pizza shop.

Pacino and Cazale in another movie.

"Is there any special country you want to go to?"

"Wyoming."
While Michael has such rigid control over his emotions (only Kaye can really set him off), Sonny is mostly the opposite. (Well, the death of Apollonia changed Michael forever.) Algeria is a particularly bad choice too; he obviously knows nothing about the place.

OK, last one from this movie, promise:

Bill to Percy: Son, can you hear me.

Sheriff to Percy: Speak up if you can hear us.

Bill: I think this boys cheese slid off his cracker.

Here’s one!

“Even if every man, woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter, because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk cause they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!”

“IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!”

Back