February Poem Contest

Tathagata said:
is waxing the turtle a euphemism??
No, it's literally. You don't know much about turtles, do you?

Dammit. It's been days and still all I can think of is how great that pic would look in my living room. Grrrrr.

(Liar, I'm tellin' the SPCA what you do to turtles. :eek: )

I just found out that the painting is called "Breeze Shouldered Memories". Such a nice name for a poem. :)

Ohhh I'm in!!!!!

Love the title of the pic too... mannequinenvy.

Can we post our poems on lit as well, or do we have to wait till after the comp?

I'm in the survivor comp so want to use mine in that.

Thanks in advance

:kiss:

doormouse said:
Ohhh I'm in!!!!!

Love the title of the pic too... mannequinenvy.
That's the name of anna's site, where the picture is located. But yeah, it's a cool name.

Liar said:
That's the name of anna's site, where the picture is located. But yeah, it's a cool name.

LOL

I was wondering what Lauren meant by breeze shoulders, or what ever it was

:eek: :eek:

Written and submitted! :nana:

[color=888888]No, not for you, fool.[/color]

doormouse said:
Can we post our poems on lit as well, or do we have to wait till after the comp?

Not 'til after the winner is announced, hun. :rose:

Lauren Hynde said:
I just found out that the painting is called "Breeze Shouldered Memories". Such a nice name for a poem. :)

I saw that on his site AFTER I finished writing my poem. I'm glad I didn't know before! It would've fucked with my mind. :rolleyes:

impressive said:
I saw that on his site AFTER I finished writing my poem. I'm glad I didn't know before! It would've fucked with my mind. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I know. It's missing a hyphen. I can't get over it either. :D

If Terry Rentzepis is out there reading this, I was just kidding! :D

(the fact that I can't stop thinking of the missing hyphen is entirely my fault, not his)

Liar said:
what bloody hyphen?
Breeze-Shouldered Memories. That is, of course, assuming the Memories are Breeze-Shouldered. The title could, of course, be "Breeze Shouldered Memories", meaning the girl's name is Breeze and she Shouldered Memories sometime in the past...

:eek:

Back