February Poem Contest

doormouse said:
shit, sorry I thought that was my dildo...

want it back? lol

:p

um, that depends--where you gonna put it and have you shown it good love and affection while it was gone?

(and mannequin envy is my site--(check it out girlfriend!) Terry sent me the jpeg and I uploaded it (without a link) to make it easy to access)

night stick
oh there is a good stc

by the way, I figured I would join them and risk getting beaten by my own stick

god I am edgy today, I gotta get to bed take it out on my lucky absent minded professor

Lauren Hynde said:
Breeze-Shouldered Memories. That is, of course, assuming the Memories are Breeze-Shouldered. The title could, of course, be "Breeze Shouldered Memories", meaning the girl's name is Breeze and she Shouldered Memories sometime in the past...

:eek:
...or that the breeze itself did. I dunno how a breeze do that, but that's how I read it.

Notice:

FYI: As we get your entry, we will send you a confirmation pm to let you know you are IN.

If two-three days pass and you do not get a confirmation, please contact us.

Remember, send a pm to The Poetry Contest*

Good luck!

L,a,p

*The reason for the generic nic was so that the organizers of the contest, as they change monthly, can all share this login name.

Every month, they can change the password, so the former organizers don't have access anymore.

Hopefully it will help keep things consistant and limit the confusion as we move through the months.

If the organizers do not like the name, of course, there is nothing stopping them from making a new one.

I just have to say, of all the challenges we've had, this is the most difficult.

We will now resume your normal programme.

I'm having a hard time working Scotch into this one. Maybe if I drink the Scotch and write the poem...:confused:

The_Fool said:
I'm having a hard time working Scotch into this one. Maybe if I drink the Scotch and write the poem...:confused:

She does look a bit hung over................

goes to change poem.

:heart: :p Lauren.

I'm in...

I'm in as I need to off load some misery and sorrow and writing a poem seems a good way to do it. Only problem is my muse is gone so this will be my first attempt to write without her presence. Wish me luck? :confused:

Re: I'm in...

Man Ray said:
I'm in as I need to off load some misery and sorrow and writing a poem seems a good way to do it. Only problem is my muse is gone so this will be my first attempt to write without her presence. Wish me luck? :confused:

She's prolly off with mine drinking Fooooool's scotch. :rolleyes:

Luck :rose:

Re: I'm in...

Man Ray said:

ah man! Sorry... I think this girl here with the flowers and feet might be just what you need. she understands, let her be your muse

Re: Re: I'm in...

minsue said:
She's prolly off with mine drinking Fooooool's scotch. :rolleyes:

Luck :rose:

You might be right, she liked her Scotch...:rolleyes:
Now, lets see if misery and sorrow can be converted into something positive... :heart:

Re: Re: Re: I'm in...

Man Ray said:
You might be right, she liked her Scotch...:rolleyes:
Now, lets see if misery and sorrow can be converted into something positive... :heart:

Good plan :) :heart:

Just a friendly reminder:6 entries already in... 11 days to go. More than enough time to kick out some great poetry.

Good luck!

TPC

February Poem Contest

Take a look at the following painting by artist Terry Rentzepis:

I uploaded a version reduced in size for those of us who are on dial-up.

small version
large version

Guidelines as decided by pat, liar, anna

1. Write a poem inspired by the painting. That is the only requirement.
2. Submit it to The Poetry Contest PM box by Feb. 20, 2005. liar, patcarrington and annaswirls will be able to access this box and work together.
3. Preliminary voting Feb 22, 23, 24
4. Finalists posted: Feb. 25
5. Finalists vote Feb. 25, 26, 27
6. Winner announced: on or before March 1.

*Notes*

* "The Poets" i.e. Moderators will be participating in this month as contestants (they deserve a break!)
* Liar, anna and pat will sit this out and take care of the details.
* The moderators have no advantage, no prior knowledge of the painting or -- even Steven.

I felt I had to say this as things sometimes get weird when contests are concerned.

*We will post more details as they come up.

*We will generally be following the format from the first contest.

The Artist:Terry Rentzepis

You can read more about him at his homepage:

website all ten thumbs

After seeing his work on a literary/art website, I contacted him to see if he would be interested in being featured on my website, and then had the idea to use his art as a challenge/contst. Pat and Liar both thought it was a good idea as well!

Terry has given me full permission to use his image for this contest and is excited to see the results.

So are we!

Good luck!

:)

Re: Re: February Poem Contest

The Poetry Contest said:
Just a friendly reminder:6 entries already in... 11 days to go. More than enough time to kick out some great poetry.

Good luck!

TPC

Make that 7

Originallypostedby Man Ray...my muse is gone so this will be my first attempt to write without her presence. Wish me luck?

Look inward, your muse is there. Good luck. :heart:

Re: Re: Re: February Poem Contest

Tristesse said:
Make that 7

Look inward, your muse is there. Good luck. :heart:

All this hard work and its not even the last day. I think I've got one phrase so far.....:p

The_Fool ... I like that Av
DEEP BLUES

Shall I submit and play along
write a poem or seranade song?

Something about that pic is all wrong
Oh, now my poem can go on.

Re: Re: Re: Re: February Poem Contest

The_Fool said:
All this hard work and its not even the last day. I think I've got one phrase so far.....:p

*sigh*

You're doin' better than I, Fooooolio

last night's reminder seems to have disappeared. :confused:

so, remember poets,

the deadline to pm entries to The Poetry Contest is February 20

anna, patrick, liar :rose: :rose: :rose:

poem

I came to find out when where WHO (L.A.P.) <GRIN> I like that (*_*)

Hey Impressive, whats the count now? I might hold mine
a day more and check those gramical conjunctions and
have a period <smile>

My Erotic Tale said:
I came to find out when where WHO (L.A.P.) <GRIN> I like that (*_*)

Hey Impressive, whats the count now? I might hold mine
a day more and check those gramical conjunctions and
have a period <smile>

Five more (maddening) days. *sigh*

Just go read a story instead, Art. (One of mine would do nicely.)

Back