For those who assume supporting a Trump presidency over a Biden one means being a MAGA Trumper....

@JadeKnight pt. 2

This last claim is so crazy as to not even deserve response, but I will respond anyway…

Here is the full quote:

All these curses shall come upon you and pursue you and overtake you till you are destroyed, because you did not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep his commandments and his statutes that he commanded you. They shall be a sign and a wonder against you and your offspring forever. Because you did not serve the Lord your God with joyfulness and gladness of heart, because of the abundance of all things, therefore you shall serve your enemies whom the Lord will send against you, in hunger and thirst, in nakedness, and lacking everything. And he will put a yoke of iron on your neck until he has destroyed you. The Lord will bring a nation against you from far away, from the end of the earth, swooping down like the eagle, a nation whose language you do not understand, a hard-faced nation who shall not respect the old or show mercy to the young. It shall eat the offspring of your cattle and the fruit of your ground, until you are destroyed; it also shall not leave you grain, wine, or oil, the increase of your herds or the young of your flock, until they have caused you to perish.
They shall besiege you in all your towns, until your high and fortified walls, in which you trusted, come down throughout all your land. And they shall besiege you in all your towns throughout all your land, which the Lord your God has given you. And you shall eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your sons and daughters, whom the Lord your God has given you, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemies shall distress you. The man who is the most tender and refined among you will begrudge food to his brother, to the wife he embraces, and to the last of the children whom he has left, so that he will not give to any of them any of the flesh of his children whom he is eating, because he has nothing else left, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemy shall distress you in all your towns. The most tender and refined woman among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground because she is so delicate and tender, will begrudge to the husband she embraces, to her son and to her daughter, her afterbirth that comes out from between her feet and her children whom she bears, because lacking everything she will eat them secretly, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemy shall distress you in your towns.

That isn’t a command. That is a warning of a curse because of disobedience. It is a warning that they will become so desperate and warped in their thinking that they will even do the unthinkable: cannibalize the offspring God gave them. Quite the opposite of proving your point, it shows the sickness of mind it takes to disregard and destroy that human life. It shows that, when you are under that level of delusion, you are under a curse, under judgement by God.

Now lets see what the Bibe does say on the topic, since you brought it up so directly.

Jeremiah 1:4-5

Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

and before you were born I consecrated you;

I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

God tells the prophet that in his preborn state he was already known, consecrated and ordained.

Psalm 139:11-16

If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,

and the light about me be night,”

even the darkness is not dark to you;

the night is bright as the day,

for darkness is as light with you.

For you formed my inward parts;

you knitted me together in my mother’s womb

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Wonderful are your works;

my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,

when I was being made in secret

intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;

in your book were written, every one of them,

the days that were formed for me,

when as yet there was none of them

In this stunning and beautiful Psalm of praise, the Psalmist’s life is considered precious and specially made while that life was still in the womb. I particularly love the word-picture in verse 15. It is particularly descriptive and perfectly put.

Job 10:11-13

You clothed me with skin and flesh,

and knit me together with bones and sinews.

You have granted me life and steadfast love,

and your care has preserved my spirit

Yet these things you hid in your heart;

I know that this was your purpose.

Who was that who put the skin on the pre-born baby, who knits that baby together in the womb (a perfect description, and a beautiful one, by the way)? Who gave life to that baby in the womb? Who put His love and care on that pre-born child? Oh. God Himself.

I could go on, but at this point I’ll just list more references in the Old Testament that you can look up:

Isaiah 64:8

Psalm 127:3-5

Isaiah 49:1-5

So much for the Old Testament not valuing the pre-born human life.

Well, the New Testament surely is silent on the subject though, right?

Not quite. While it is not a book of law, per se, and while the New Testament, far from negating the Old, fulfills and completes it, and so the Testament isn’t rehashing every subject already addressed in the Old, it certainly has examples of the value God puts on children. There is one particular passage that I particularly love because of what it shows, by implication, of how God sees the unborn child.

Before that though, to show that the Old Testament is not negated by the new, a very direct statement by Jesus Himself should suffice. There are several similar statements and points made throughout the New Testament, but since you put the value higher on the “letters in red” (I don’t, because God spoke ALL of them) here’s what Jesus had to say:

Matthew 5:17-22

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire…

There is a lot to unpack there, but I think the point is made clearly enough for now.

So, my favorite passage regarding the pre-born baby in the New Testament:

Luke 1:39-45

In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town in Judah, and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”

This is the preamble to what most people know as the Magnificat. Mary is visiting her cousin Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, the prophesied forerunner of Jesus the Messiah. Jesus is in Mary’s womb. John is in Elizabeth’s womb. When the forerunner, John, hears the voice of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and knows he is in the presence of the pre-born Messiah, the pre-born John leaps for joy in the womb! This is, in fact, the context for Mary’s famous song. The song is a response to the actions, identities, and already active callings on two pre-born babies. That, in any reasonable mind looking at Scripture, should easily seal the deal.

You may not like what Scripture says about when life begins and what value God puts on it. You may not even honor or respect Scripture and its authority. But please be honest enough with the text to not try and make it devalue an innocent life the way you do. You say you looked and couldn't find anyting. You didn't look very hard then.

You have openly admitted that the definitions of words are flexible and are, at times, to be ignored in favor of what you wish them to be.
No. I have said that you and your ilk have REDEFINED words so as not to deal with their consequences. I prefer to go with words as they were defined before it became "okay" to "contextualize" and change meanings to fit the current political or social "mores". What the man said, he said at the time he said it, and those words were a very understood line.

No. I have said that you and your ilk have REDEFINED words so as not to deal with their consequences.
I'm going by their actual definition. You are not.

I prefer to go with words as they were defined before it became "okay" to "contextualize" and change meanings to fit the current political or social "mores". What the man said, he said at the time he said it, and those words were a very understood line.
Yes, you prefer to use words as you wish them to be defined, as I mentioned.

You can't even spell the guys name correctly, you attributed his transmission to someone else, and don't understand why he chose to send that as his first coded message.

You don't think for a minute that maybe some newspaper of the day asked him about why he chose those words? Instead you think the mention of god automatically backs up your assertion? But hey when someone who can spell his name, and knows what his first message sent was, and the why's of him choosing those words, is obviously wrong, since it doesn't agree with your preconceived thoughts on it.

Then again, science based thinking requires examination of the facts, but theological based thinking only requires faith.
Here is the story, in brief, of the man and the quote...

On 27 April 1791, the American inventor Samuel Morse (1791–1872) was born in Charleston, SC. An American inventor known for his development of the telegraph, he had studied religious philosophy while a student at Yale University and joined the newly formed Congregational Unitarians.

On May 24, 1844, he succeeded in sending the first telegraph message in Morse code from Washington D.C. to Baltimore. He chose as the content of his message the biblical phrase, “WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT”

“In the King James Version of the Bible, an exclamation mark follows the words ‘What hath God wrought.’ But when Morse transmitted the message, he left off any closing punctuation. Later, when transcribing the message, Morse added a question mark… What God had wrought in raising up America was indeed contested, in Morse’s time no less than it is today…
“Credit for applying the verse to this occasion belongs to Nancy Goodrich Ellsworth, who suggested it to her daughter Annie, who in turn provided it to Morse… The quotation proved the perfect proved the perfect choice, capturing the inventor’s own passionate Christian faith and conception of himself as an instrument of providence. As Morse later commented, the message ‘baptized the American Telegraphy with the name of its author’: God. The American public appreciated the significance of the message, for biblical religion then permeated the culture in ways both conventional and sincerely felt. Morse’s invocation of the Bible typified that recurrent importance of religion which has long characterized American history. Morse’s synthesis of science and religion represented the predominant American attitude of the time…”

So pre-conception "babies" ..****.

All you who masturbate are murderers!
That is just a stupid argument. A baby is made up of TWO sets of DNA, the father's and the mother's, combined in a fertilized egg in the mother's womb. Nothing about that fits what you just said. IN THE WOMB! See how this works? You eagerly praise the guy who posts what you think is dynamite evidence against a position, then when he is proven, by the text he quotes, to be completely wrong and twisting words badly, misquoting the text, and making claims that don't even exist in that text, you, who praised his wisdom because you have never bothered to study that text either, resort to hubris. It really is amazing the lengths of bad logic and horrible reasoning you will go to in order to cling to your position.

I am supposed to just accept your counterintuitive explanation of very simple, plain, obvious words because you are good at spelling?
You can do whatever you wish, I am merely pointing out that your claim isn't the only possible explanation for the message. Given your lack of accepting "facts" over "beliefs" I'm not wasting my time digging up the information. If you truly are interested, a quick wiki search will lead you to where you don't want to go.
Now that's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
I find facts don't require a stretch.

Here is the story, in brief, of the man and the quote...

On 27 April 1791, the American inventor Samuel Morse (1791–1872) was born in Charleston, SC. An American inventor known for his development of the telegraph, he had studied religious philosophy while a student at Yale University and joined the newly formed Congregational Unitarians.

On May 24, 1844, he succeeded in sending the first telegraph message in Morse code from Washington D.C. to Baltimore. He chose as the content of his message the biblical phrase, “WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT”
Again, why did he pick that phrase. If you research the history of the telegraph, you will find it kept failing, problems arose in all sorts of manners. Morse picked that phrase to represent the frustrations he and Alfred Vail had to over come. Think about it, "what has god wrought". That expression of the day captures the exact same as using "Jesus Christ" does today.

Again, why did he pick that phrase. If you research the history of the telegraph, you will find it kept failing, problems arose in all sorts of manners. Morse picked that phrase to represent the frustrations he and Alfred Vail had to over come. Think about it, "what has god wrought". That expression of the day captures the exact same as using "Jesus Christ" does today.
The history I quoted, along with his OWN WORDS, also quoted, doesn't agree with you. So unless you can come up with some evidence beyond someone's opinion.....

That is just a stupid argument. A baby is made up of TWO sets of DNA, the father's and the mother's, combined in a fertilized egg in the mother's womb. Nothing about that fits what you just said. IN THE WOMB! See how this works? You eagerly praise the guy who posts what you think is dynamite evidence against a position, then when he is proven, by the text he quotes, to be completely wrong and twisting words badly, misquoting the text, and making claims that don't even exist in that text, you, who praised his wisdom because you have never bothered to study that text either, resort to hubris. It really is amazing the lengths of bad logic and horrible reasoning you will go to in order to cling to your position.
An zygote with two sets of DNA would be terribly deformed and probably wouldn't live.

Really, video's that don't exist....yes that fits right in with your beliefs.
The video is posted on Facebook, and I prefer not to have a Facebook account... About to look it up elsewhere, on YouTube, since that posts well here... or at least a similar source. And the reason I am posting video is because half of those on your side can't be bothered to read lengthy text, so I have to find the more entertaining version for you.

The history I quoted, along with his OWN WORDS, also quoted, doesn't agree with you. So unless you can come up with some evidence beyond someone's opinion.....
I pointed out what you think the words mean, and what Morse meant by them are different, as attested to by Morse himself.

Two halves of the DNA. Don't be obtuse.
You're the one who capitalized TWO sets of DNA. TWO.

This is also not true. A zygote made up of half of the DNA of the egg and sperm would also be severely deformed and probably not live.

I pointed out what you think the words mean, and what Morse meant by them are different, as attested to by Morse himself.
Since you can't be bothered to actually read what was actually said....

“Credit for applying the verse to this occasion belongs to Nancy Goodrich Ellsworth, who suggested it to her daughter Annie, who in turn provided it to Morse… The quotation proved the perfect proved the perfect choice, capturing the inventor’s own passionate Christian faith and conception of himself as an instrument of providence. As Morse later commented, the message ‘baptized the American Telegraphy with the name of its author’: God.

The video is posted on Facebook, and I prefer not to have a Facebook account... About to look it up elsewhere, on YouTube, since that posts well here... or at least a similar source. And the reason I am posting video is because half of those on your side can't be bothered to read lengthy text, so I have to find the more entertaining version for you.
I too don't use facebook. I don't want video's from you, nor links to "your" sites. What I would prefer from you is to take your religious views and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

You are free to have faith in anything you wish, I don't live in a world of belief. I live in a world of fact. The only time I put fact in your world, is when you try and claim your faith overrides what I do or what I support.

Since you can't be bothered to actually read what was actually said....

“Credit for applying the verse to this occasion belongs to Nancy Goodrich Ellsworth, who suggested it to her daughter Annie, who in turn provided it to Morse… The quotation proved the perfect proved the perfect choice, capturing the inventor’s own passionate Christian faith and conception of himself as an instrument of providence. As Morse later commented, the message ‘baptized the American Telegraphy with the name of its author’: God.
The message captured Morse's frustration. But hey you believe what you want. Note, I am not trying to claim Morse wasn't religious, just to be clear, he was.

https://godspark.world/non-vestibul...rliest electronic,wire telegraph in the 1930s.

I wouldn't take this site as Gospel btw...

You're the one who capitalized TWO sets of DNA. TWO.

This is also not true. A zygote made up of half of the DNA of the egg and sperm would also be severely deformed and probably not live.
Brah, now you are being obtuse. A baby requires the DNA of a man and a woman. If one jacks off one has not impregnated anyone. See how your side tries to side rail the discussion when facts don't work for you?

I too don't use facebook. I don't want video's from you, nor links to "your" sites. What I would prefer from you is to take your religious views and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

You are free to have faith in anything you wish, I don't live in a world of belief. I live in a world of fact. The only time I put fact in your world, is when you try and claim your faith overrides what I do or what I support.
The point of the video, which is why I am going to post evidence whether you want to see it, is that just about every major discovery or law on which science is built, was made or discovered by devout Christians, or at least believers in God, many of whom were also eloquent theologians and wrote powerful texts, who did not believe faith and science were separate at all. In fact, the very concept of science was based on the idea that there is a Creator, He built in Laws into the universe, and we can discover them and learn more about Him through them. The same goes with just about every other area of study. The very founders of scientific and mathematic studies openly, in their own words and writings, disagree with you.

Brah, now you are being obtuse. A baby requires the DNA of a man and a woman. If one jacks off one has not impregnated anyone. See how your side tries to side rail the discussion when facts don't work for you?
Do you understand the difference between DNA and Chromosomes?

The point of the video, which is why I am going to post evidence whether you want to see it, is that just about every major discovery or law on which science is built, was made or discovered by devout Christians, or at least believers in God, many of whom were also eloquent theologians and wrote powerful texts, who did not believe faith and science were separate at all. In fact, the very concept of science was based on the idea that there is a Creator, He built in Laws into the universe, and we can discover them and learn more about Him through them. The same goes with just about every other area of study. The very founders of scientific and mathematic studies openly, in their own words and writings, disagree with you.
Holy fuck you are one very delusional and conceited person. None of this is correct.

I get that you believe it and you find videos of people who agree with you, but that does not make your statements here factual, in any way

The message captured Morse's frustration. But hey you believe what you want. Note, I am not trying to claim Morse wasn't religious, just to be clear, he was.

https://godspark.world/non-vestibulum-lacus-sociosqu-hac/#:~:text=One of the earliest electronic,wire telegraph in the 1930s.

I wouldn't take this site as Gospel btw...
I just gave you WHAT MORSE HIMSELF SAID ABOUT IT and you ignore his own words! Then you continue to say it's just what I believe!? How willfully ignorant are you really?

Back