how do you tell breast sizes at a glance

Re: Let's hear it for fat men

oggbashan said:
How do you measure the breast size of fat men who develop large bumps on their upper chest?

By bra measurement they could be DD at least to go with the eight and a half month beer belly.

The ISO should set a standard measurement.

Og

YECH YECH YECH

gauchecritic said:
However, Sarah (the one with open thighs) has made me really really need to disagree wholeheartedly and with a particular vehemence about the myths associated with (near) vacuum and the human body.

They DON'T explode.

There's no eye-popping. There's no guts ditributed randomly outside the body. There's especially no screaming and there is not and never will be any exploding.
Point taken, Gauche, and I apologize for using "explode" in the vernacular sense. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that guts would be literally strewn across the lunar surface.

According to Bioastronautics Data Book, Second edition, NASA SP-3006:
Some degree of consciousness will probably be retained for 9 to 11 seconds (see chapter 2 under Hypoxia). In rapid sequence thereafter, paralysis will be followed by generalized convulsions and paralysis once again. During this time, water vapor will form rapidly in the soft tissues and somewhat less rapidly in the venous blood. This evolution of water vapor will cause marked swelling of the body to perhaps twice its normal volume unless it is restrained by a pressure suit. (It has been demonstrated that a properly fitted elastic garment can entirely prevent ebullism at pressures as low as 15 mm Hg absolute [Webb, 1969, 1970].) Heart rate may rise initially, but will fall rapidly thereafter. Arterial blood pressure will also fall over a period of 30 to 60 seconds, while venous pressure rises due to distention of the venous system by gas and vapor. Venous pressure will meet or exceed arterial pressure within one minute. There will be virtually no effective circulation of blood. After an initial rush of gas from the lungs during decompression, gas and water vapor will continue to flow outward through the airways. This continual evaporation of water will cool the mouth and nose to near-freezing temperatures; the remainder of the body will also become cooled, but more slowly.

"Cook and Bancroft (1966) reported occasional deaths of animals due to fibrillation of the heart during the first minute of exposure to near vacuum conditions. Ordinarily, however, survival was the rule if recompression occurred within about 90 seconds. ... Once heart action ceased, death was inevitable, despite attempts at resuscitation....

[on recompression] "Breathing usually began spontaneously... Neurological problems, including blindness and other defects in vision, were common after exposures (see problems due to evolved gas), but usually disappeared fairly rapidly.

"It is very unlikely that a human suddenly exposed to a vacuum would have more than 5 to 10 seconds to help himself. If immediate help is at hand, although one's appearance and condition will be grave, it is reasonable to assume that recompression to a tolerable pressure (200 mm Hg, 3.8 psia) within 60 to 90 seconds could result in survival, and possibly in rather rapid recovery."
Of course this deals only with exposure to vacuum itself. There's also the very real possibility of what is (with a certain accuracy, I believe) called "explosive decompression" under certain circumstances.

The following extract is from the USAF Flight Surgeon's Guide:
Because of the relatively large volume of air normally contained in the lungs, the delicate nature of the pulmonary tissue, and the intricate system of alveolar airways for ventilation, it is recognized that the lungs are potentially the most vulnerable part of the body during a rapid decompression. Whenever a rapid decompression is faster than the inherent capability of the lungs to decompress (vent), a transient positive pressure will temporarily build up in the lungs. If the escape of air from the lungs is blocked or seriously impeded during a sudden drop in the cabin pressure, it is possible for a dangerously high pressure to build up and to overdistend the lungs and thorax. No serious injuries have resulted from rapid decompressions with open airways, even while wearing an oxygen mask, but disastrous, or fatal, consequences can result if the pulmonary passages are blocked, such as forceful breath-holding with the lungs full of air. Under this condition, when none of the air in the lungs can escape during a decompression, the lungs and thorax becomes over-expanded by the excessively high intrapulmonic pressure, causing actual tearing and rupture of the lung tissues and capillaries. The trapped air is forced through the lungs into the thoracic cage, and air can be injected directly into the general circulation by way of the ruptured blood vessels, with massive air bubbles moving throughout the body and lodging in vital organs such as the heart and brain.
The movement of these air bubbles is similar to the air embolism that can occur in SCUBA diving and submarine escape when an individual ascends from underwater to the surface with breath-holding.

Physical Indications of a Rapid Decompression.

(a) Explosive Noise. When two different air masses make contact, there is an explosive noise. It is because of this explosive noise that some people use the term explosive decompression to describe a rapid decompression.
One further comment. The aforementioned USAF Flight Surgeon's Guide also provides the following useful bit of information:
Usually, abdominal distress can be relieved after a rapid decompression by the passage of excess gas.
Now, I submit that if that isn't "exploding", then nothing is.

Yours in bioastronautical humour,
S

Last edited:
Re: Huh?

MathGirl said:
Dear Sarah,
Would you mind repeating that?
MG
Oh, sure. As if you don't keep a copy of Bioastronautics Data Book (second edition) by your bed, too.

Re: Re: Huh?

openthighs_sarah said:
Oh, sure. As if you don't keep a copy of Bioastronautics Data Book (second edition) by your bed, too.

Well, WE do!

We keep it next to the bed, along with our many sex toys, blindfolds, handcuffs, whips and chains, and my latest edition of the APA Publication Manual!

(don't leave home without it!!)

:D

don't forget the essentials...

Ours is on top of our CRC Handbooks- both chemical and math tables.

:rose: b

Re: don't forget the essentials...

bridgetkeeney said:
Ours is on top of our CRC Handbooks- both chemical and math tables.

Ah, yes. The Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" The rubber books.
MG

true blue aussies

Thanks Alex , Are true blue Aussies any different to other men...

Which men from which country read a bra`s size
instead of stroking what was in it

I`m like the bloke who went in to buy his girl a bra ....the assistant asked what size ?..... he said "size 6 "

when asked how he worked out the size he said "his hat fitted one of them"
Thanks to those who have responded at least I have a rough idea and my heroines will not be size 6

Mangrove Jack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh?

sweetsubsarahh said:
Charter Member, babe!

;)
_____

And a fine, upstanding member she is. Her dues are always paid in arrears.

IMHO

Proofread, I have to cover my eyes every time you post. That pic... AV... turns me on too much.

Subject: Breast size... I once worked with three sisters, all too well-endowed. One was on the paper cutting machine and that sharpie sliced her breast. No, it had her nipple almost all the way off. Those dears couldn't keep them out of the way of their work.

I used to have tight and perky breasts. Then I got pregnant for my son (now in the Army). I always said God knew he would be a good eater, and filled my boobs up in preparation. I gained some size on that...from a 36A to a 36C. During the actual pregnancy, I was just HUGE.

Happy moments to all,
Lascivious Wanton

Re: Re: Re: Re: Measurements

Just-Legal said:
*drags MG to the lingerie shop to educate her*

I generally shop in the section for junion high schoolers.
MG

Tax Free Bits

MathGirl said:
I generally shop in the section for junion high schoolers.
MG

In the UK that would exempt you from Value Added Tax on all your clothing. At seventeen and a half percent tax you save a lot by having small perky ones.

Og

Re: Tax Free Bits

oggbashan said:
In the UK that would exempt you from Value Added Tax on all your clothing. At seventeen and a half percent tax you save a lot by having small perky ones.

Og

There's an interesting electoral platform "Small perky taxes for all"

Gauche

Re: Re: Tax Free Bits

gauchecritic said:
There's an interesting electoral platform "Small perky taxes for all"

Yeah, that's me. Small and perky. I'd rather be big and be able to buy grown up clothes.
MG

If your pink bikini AV is anything like you, you have excellent proportions that many would envy.

You are just the size of my eldest aunt. No one missed her entrances into a social gathering. Quality is much more important than sheer bulk.

I still shudder at your dentally challenged AV.

Og

worrying me

MathGirl said:
Yeah, that's me. Small and perky. I'd rather be big and be able to buy grown up clothes.
MG

MG-

I am greatly worried for you. Someone used the adjectives "small" and "perky" for you and yet I am not wading through blood and various appendages.

Are you okay, hon? 911 is a good number to remember.

:rose: b

Lit. Wit

Good evenng, everyone. I'm new but have read enough on Lit. to daresay this is one of the wittiest threads yet read.

Special praise to the big Brit in the hat and Ms. Maths.

By the way, even a woman has trouble figuring out her bra size. I went bra buying a year ago and an intelligent saleswoman (!) proved to me that I'd been wearing one cup too small for years. Now I'm a comfortable "D" dame (in my 20s I was a B; went to C after babies.)

Cheers all, Perdita

Back