Hurricane Florida Man 4.0

The NHC track is bringing it in south of Tampa,but what has me concerned right now is the hourly HRRR model runs bringing the eye right into Tampa.

May have to adjust.

The NHC track is bringing it in south of Tampa,but what has me concerned right now is the hourly HRRR model runs bringing the eye right into Tampa.

May have to adjust.
Hard to say but you are getting down to 15-20 miles of coastline. This often happens but could be big difference going south with lesser storm surge for Bay but more destruction inland. It probably is not going to be real good.

There's so much at stake
How far will it go?
Only a fool would place such a bet
On which way the winds are blowing
'Cause there's no way of knowing
What the damage will be
We can't just live on hope
We'll never get out alone
Storm coming
No way it's gonna miss us now
Storm coming
Don't be frightened by the sound of it
Don't be frightened by the sound

1728498466744.jpeg

Last edited:
Northern eyewall went right over Tampa,with the center just southeast of there.

100 mph wind gusts in Tampa.

Rambling thoughts. Flooding and down trees. No power. Sounds of generators chainsaws hellicopters sirens. Burn piles and smoke. Sewage backing into homes. Booze and hot dogs and peanut butter and tuna. Have not worked since last hurricane. Gas lines and no working traffic signals. Assholes dont know about 4 way stops. Fucking madness here.

• Wow
Reactions: Cat
Finally got power back. Fed a lot of neighbors and lineman and police from driveway grill this week.
Maybe we were each other’s Saviours.
And kinda back to work just not today. So more boozing. Maybe muh fuckers and Tampa Town dries out together. So much flooding and oaks on top of houses.

I got home to find the house wrapped around the tree
I got a knife and cut it down
And the house it fell around me
And now I wonder
As everything goes in waves
Where is our saviour today?

Still 6,600 out of power here in NC and been 3 weeks,progress has been slow or they can't get enough help here.Couple helicopters still come over but a lot less than before.

I got home to find the house wrapped around the tree
I got a knife and cut it down
And the house it fell around me
And now I wonder
As everything goes in waves
Where is our saviour today?

I hadn't thought about Varnaline for years! I have at least one album.

Back