I must ask...

DVS said:
Another said she had been watching the new story area for the next chapter. I made sure to tell her it would be a while, and not to spend every waking hour searching for it. I can only write so fast.

Performance anxiety?

Re: Readers, fans, .........

MathGirl said:
I haven't posted a story for a couple of months. In the past week I've gotten several unsolicited messages from readers asking when they could expect a new one. One even expressed the hope that I hadn't quit writing.

I thought those were .... sweet.
MG

On a serious note, I get these too. And requests for sequals to earlier stories. I don't know how to take these. I know it's a compliment, but sometimes I just want them to stop bugging me. Especially I've had a long day.

Recently I got feedback from someone telling me she read all my stories (not that impressive, I only have five), and which was her favorite. Naturally she picked the one I was never happy with and post out of frustration just to be done with the damn thing. I'm having a grinding time editing another piece now, maybe I should just post it. I hate the fucking thing now.

I feel differently about the feedback now than I did a few months ago. I'm not sure what it is, exactly.

Maybe it's just that I've received a handful of really extraordinary pieces of feedback -- usually (but not always) from other writers -- and so perhaps I get disappointed...

Apart from those extraordinary ones -- extraordinary because they're original and enthusiastic and perceptive, and because they make me think -- I just like the simple feedback: Thanks for the story, I really loved it. That's enough.

It's my own fault, though. My protagonists are always named Sarah, and I wrote a whole story about how excited the feedback makes me. And it does, and I don't really mind the fact that readers want photos or more personal details all the time -- although sometimes I think, How much more personal can I get? Read the stories...

Now if the feedback is too personal or the person just wants anything more than I'm willing to give, I send a polite note of thanks and ignore the rest.

SlaveMasterUK said:
My favourite piece of graphic feedback ended with "and I'm sending you an invoice for batteries" roflmao

ax

lol!!

About feedback........

I've written very little, so my feedbacks are correspondingly few. One comment did pique my interest. The reader objected to the use of the word "nippy" instead of "nipple." Actually, that was the word the person in my memory used.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Although I have only got the one real story I have had lots of feedback for it.

One woman wrote that she even had to slip a towel under her when she was reading it.

That made me feel quite pleased.

Octavian

My Stories

Octavian said:
Although I have only got the one real story I have had lots of feedback for it.

One woman wrote that she even had to slip a towel under her when she was reading it.

That made me feel quite pleased.

Octavian

My Stories

aHem, I think we may share a reader.

And, on the series I'm currently writing, I have had a reader ask me to marry her.
She said she's a she, and I choose to believe her.

Originally posted by DVS She said she's a she, and I choose to believe her.

Dear DVS,
That, in real life, could be a big mistake.
MG

Dear Croc,
That AV of yours is unsettling. It leaves too much room for imagination, and what I imagine is disgusting. Naughty, naughty.
MG

Last edited:
MathGirl said:
Dear DVS,
That, in real life, could be a big mistake.
MG

Dear Croc,
That AV of yours is unsettling. It leaves too much room for imagination, and what I imagine is disgusting. Naughty, naughty.
MG

MathGirl, what part would you consider a big mistake? If I choose to marry her, or if I choose to believe she is a she?

Oh, and I choose to like Croctden's AV. If it gets you to think naughty thoughts, it works for me. In fact, I kinda like hearing you say naughty, naughty...in a kinky sort of way. ;)

perdita said:
Chicklet: I don't think it's rudeness or laziness; I'd call it stupidity. I don't mind the O reports; it's the wanna be my soulmate that uhinges me, esp. when badly written. P

I love those; they're sweet. Mad, but sweet.

Oh Lord bless them, and keep them safe, and warm, and a long, long way away from me.

DVS said:
aHem, I think we may share a reader.

And, on the series I'm currently writing, I have had a reader ask me to marry her.
She said she's a she, and I choose to believe her.

<pats DVS on the head>

of *course* she's a she <more patting and head nodding>

Chicklet said:
why do people feel it is necessary to e-mail an author and tell them what kind of orgasm the reader has just had? It's so dumb.

-Chicklet

Remember what they say: "Ejaculation is the sincerest form of flattery." I may have gotten that wrong. It's something along those lines, though, I'm pretty sure.

Back