Ick

'dita, whenever us English are asked to do an onerous task, we're taught to 'lie back and think of England' .. The happy thoughts of the green and rolling fields of Blighty make enduring any form of torture very simple.

Least, that's the theory.

raphy said:
'dita, whenever us English are asked to do an onerous task, we're taught to 'lie back and think of England' .. The happy thoughts of the green and rolling fields of Blighty make enduring any form of torture very simple.

Least, that's the theory.

Wasn't it your good Queen Victoria who gave that advice, or had it given to her, regarding how to handle the sex act?

BD - It may have been Queen Vic. I really wouldn't know *grins* .. History was never my strong point.

raphy said:
'dita, whenever us English are asked to do an onerous task, we're taught to 'lie back and think of England'
Works for me, Raff. And I know just what spot of this other Eden I'd be spread out on. ;)

'dita

BlueDaisy said:
Wasn't it your good Queen Victoria who gave that advice, or had it given to her, regarding how to handle the sex act?

If I can think of anything during the sex act one of us isn't "acting" right

champagne1982 said:
To be "bandy-legged" is to be bow-legged. Damned synonyms anyhow!
Dear Champ,
Nice to know someone's paying attention. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't very good.
MG
Ps. Bandy roosters, anyone?

MathGirl said:
Dear Champ,
Nice to know someone's paying attention. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't very good.
MG
Ps. Bandy roosters, anyone?

Told ya I was slow :D

In a somewhat more repressed society I knew it as a "hot beef injection" or a "poke sausage." :(

I even remember some of the patter:

A: Didya have a hotdog?

B: No I just gave her a poke sausage, without the roll.

C: More likely, you had a hand sammich.

All we really needed was a drummer doing rimshots :rolleyes:

BlueDaisy said:

No. Queen Victoria was unashamed and enjoyed making love to Albert. She was very uninhibited for her day. Some of her diaries might get voted 5 on Literotica. She didn't need to have so many children. She enjoyed making them.

Her relationship with John Brown was disapproved of because the court thought it likely they were lovers.

Royalty have different rules. The nobility go in for all the stuffiness and prudity. Until Edward VIII the many of the men of the royal family were unwelcome house guests because they would chase anyone female. My alter ego Henry VIII had so many mistresses that historians haven't yet worked out exactly who wasn't. Anne Boleyn's elder sister was.

Edward was advised to have Mrs Simpson as a mistress. That would have been acceptable and not unusual. He insisted that he must marry her. Odd.

Og

oggbashan said:
No. Queen Victoria was unashamed and enjoyed making love to Albert. She was very uninhibited for her day. Some of her diaries might get voted 5 on Literotica. She didn't need to have so many children. She enjoyed making them.

Her relationship with John Brown was disapproved of because the court thought it likely they were lovers.

Royalty have different rules. The nobility go in for all the stuffiness and prudity. Until Edward VIII the many of the men of the royal family were unwelcome house guests because they would chase anyone female. My alter ego Henry VIII had so many mistresses that historians haven't yet worked out exactly who wasn't. Anne Boleyn's elder sister was.

Edward was advised to have Mrs Simpson as a mistress. That would have been acceptable and not unusual. He insisted that he must marry her. Odd.

Og

Well, ok....but I do remember hearing that one of the old gals was given that advice! Or is that just a falsehood that we American's visit upon you British folks?

Thanks for the bit of history this morning.

BlueDaisy said:
Well, ok....but I do remember hearing that one of the old gals was given that advice! Or is that just a falsehood that we American's visit upon you British folks?

Oh, damn ... I know this one ... I ran across it just recently while working on "Naughty and Dice" ... to the bookshelf!

Okay. It is attributed to a journal written by a Lady Hillingdon in 1912. The full quote is thus:

"I am happy now that Charles calls on my bed chamber less frequently than of old. As it is I now endure but two calls a week and when I hear his steps outside my door I lie down on my bed, close my eyes, open my legs and think of England."

Sabledrake

Sabledrake said:
Oh, damn ... I know this one ... I ran across it just recently while working on "Naughty and Dice" ... to the bookshelf!

Okay. It is attributed to a journal written by a Lady Hillingdon in 1912. The full quote is thus:

"I am happy now that Charles calls on my bed chamber less frequently than of old. As it is I now endure but two calls a week and when I hear his steps outside my door I lie down on my bed, close my eyes, open my legs and think of England."

Sabledrake

Thank you, Sabledrake! I don't know why I always thought it was Queen Vicky, or another of the Queens who said it.

Re: giggle

LorriLove said:
just lay back and think of england, giggle:devil: :rose:

That is apocryphal advice to a young bride on her honeymoon from a Victorian agony aunt. The bride-to-be asked what she should do when the groom wanted to consumate the marriage.

Og

Re: Re: giggle

oggbashan said:
That is apocryphal advice to a young bride on her honeymoon from a Victorian agony aunt. The bride-to-be asked what she should do when the groom wanted to consumate the marriage.

Og

Just apocryphal? Darn.

Back