'Good' Movies, TV Shows, Books Etc. You Dislike

Ohhh good question.

To me, the series could only end two ways, Tony being whacked, or put in jail.

There's a point in the series where either he or one of the other mobsters were talking about getting whacked and do you see or feel anything, and someone says they think it would be a blinding white light, so he may have been referencing that.

Its ambiguous as well in the way they set up the other people in the diner so that the real question hanging is who whacked him? I know people also wondered if they just did him or killed the wife and son, but odds are I'd think just him.

Odd show, its full of absolute trash for characters, but they never really try to show them as anything but. Great dialogue.

There's a Sopranos ending explained vid on You tube-a few actually-that are pretty good if you're interested.

I agree on Roseanne, that entire last season where they won the lottery and all that crap, then the final episode with "Dan died, and the entire show was her writing in her journal. Only interesting thing was the mention of how the daughter's boyfriend's were switched because its who she thought they should have been with, and Jackie was gay all along, but Roseanne wrote her as straight throughout the show because its what she wanted her to be.

But that wasn't enough to save it.

I identified with the show, and I think a lot of Gen X did because many of us were raised in that level of dysfunction.
That whole Roseanne thing is almost at the level of, "It's all a dream." I thought of the show not as not just Gen X dysfucntion, but about working class life. On that theme, it started well but then lost it's way. There's only so much that can be done with that.

I guess I'll watch that Sopranos vid soon. If the standard way mobsters whack each other is with bullets through the brain - well, I guess that might be instant "lights out." That is mentioned in the Godfather novel when Michael shoots Sollozzo through the head. I had something to say about the nature of gangsters, but some other time.

I once considered a Sopranos sequel where Tony turns "rat" in order to eventually go into Witness Protection. All of the mob and law enforcement details were just beyond my abilities to write. Too late now anyway with Gandolfini gone.

That whole Roseanne thing is almost at the level of, "It's all a dream." I thought of the show not as not just Gen X dysfucntion, but about working class life. On that theme, it started well but then lost it's way. There's only so much that can be done with that.

I guess I'll watch that Sopranos vid soon. If the standard way mobsters whack each other is with bullets through the brain - well, I guess that might be instant "lights out." That is mentioned in the Godfather novel when Michael shoots Sollozzo through the head. I had something to say about the nature of gangsters, but some other time.

I once considered a Sopranos sequel where Tony turns "rat" in order to eventually go into Witness Protection. All of the mob and law enforcement details were just beyond my abilities to write. Too late now anyway with Gandolfini gone.
I think we discussed gangsters once, I couldn't have a lower opinion of the mafia and express that in my erotic horror series.

The character on the Sopranos I wanted to punch every time I saw his face was Christopher, that boy was a POS among the POS.

I won't get to far into things that are just generally not my jam, but I'm not a sci fi, fantasy, western, or war movie,s or TV fan (save for MASH).

I HATED There Will Be Blood.

Everybody Loves Raymond seems pretty universally liked and I think it's complete shit. It might be accurate in that most families don't actually like one another, but it's such a 50s type trope of married couples who shouldn't have stayed together but did.

Back