If you build it, they will come.

cloudy said:
you don't have to keep the quills in your mouth - you can soak them in a bowl - it's just much handier to have them within reach that way. ;)
Now somebody tells me! You know how hard those things are to get out of your skin, let alone your mouth? hahahahaha. Quick spin and pull....but still. haha

Here's one of my SO's paintings that he did several years ago (thought you might like to see it - it's WAY bigger than this):

wolfspainting.jpg

cloudy said:
Here's one of my SO's paintings that he did several years ago (thought you might like to see it - it's WAY bigger than this):

wolfspainting.jpg
Wow, that's beautiful! I speaks so loudly. It always amazed me how the whiteman thought the "originals" were savage, when in fact, they were extremely religious.

Salvor-Hardon said:
Impressive work in a very wide range of media. I was really struck by your genesis pictures, and the thought of hands holding the world in different ways, different concepts of how the divine interacts with the mundane.

Well done.

I couldn't have said it better, SH. The drawings are my favorite, but all of these things are wonderfully made. You're very talented!

cloudy said:
I don't know if you live near any reservation or not, but most elders are glad to pass on what they know if they are asked respectfully, and brought some tobacco. ;)

I was lucky. For some reason Lorraine just took to me. She told my SO (in Ojibway, before I knew any of it), that I had the right spirit, so she decided to teach me. They're so beautiful, and so time-consuming, but a small one, maybe just three inches oval, will sell for close to $60 at the powwows because so few people know how to make them anymore, and porcupines are getting harder and harder to find.

eta: here's a pic of one. It's not one I made, but I make them very similar to this. They're made from quills and birch bark:

sjqblrg.jpg

Oh that's lovely, cloudy!

Kcar said:
Oh that's lovely, cloudy!

thank you. :)

They're very time-consuming to make, but I love the handing down of traditions and the handwork (plus, I get to sit around and gossip with other women while we work ;) ).

Kcar said:
I couldn't have said it better, SH. The drawings are my favorite, but all of these things are wonderfully made. You're very talented!
Thank you Kcar, it always makes an artist feel good to know their work is appreciated.

cloudy said:
thank you. :)

They're very time-consuming to make, but I love the handing down of traditions and the handwork (plus, I get to sit around and gossip with other women while we work ;) ).
Unless some has worked with porcupine quills, they have no idea as to the work that's involved. It's quite tedious work, and takes patience and talent. Very much like gossip. hahaha.

About Time You Showed Us Your Work!

S'not Usually My Thing, But It's Your Stuff, So I'm Digging It;)

I Love The Buffalo!

I'm So Happy This Thread Has Taught Me That Those Dotty Drawings Are Called Pointilsm:D

You Draw Thumbs Like Penises, I Think I Really Love That :cool:

RudeNastyAssBitch said:
About Time You Showed Us Your Work!

S'not Usually My Thing, But It's Your Stuff, So I'm Digging It;)

I Love The Buffalo!

I'm So Happy This Thread Has Taught Me That Those Dotty Drawings Are Called Pointilsm:D

You Draw Thumbs Like Penises, I Think I Really Love That :cool:
Yeah, I realize that my art is not for everyone, but that's life. I'm glad you dug it none the less.

And oddly enough, those are my hands in the drawings......so I guess, they're my penis thumbs too. hahaha

This was done as a request from someone I worked with. I found the buzzard to be a rather interesting subject and plan to do more in the future. This, as the others, is done in the pointilism fashion. All dots, no straight lines.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546637767586.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546637767586.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Have to say that your wit and intellect have already impresed me, but I now see that your artist side is equally so. Really enjoyed the pointilism, is one of my fave styles. I once had to do a hook rug in an art class and chose pointilism and did a replica of the Gorges Seurat painting called "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte," which is a fave of mine.

My fave thing I ever did is a window in the HS art room that is leaded stained glass and the subject is a tree branch with peaches in a close up. Of course now they would not be allowed to work with the lead in class, but 19 years ago... lol could get away with it. ;)

Thank you for sharing this with us and also including the link in your sig. :)

Your work is absolutely beautiful. While I loved all of the media you worked with, I have to say one of my favorites is the limestone. You truly bring your artistic eye to your landscape work.:rose:

Last edited:
Have to say that your wit and intellect have already impresed me, but I now see that your artist side is equally so. Really enjoyed the pointilism, is one of my fave styles. I once had to do a hook rug in an art class and chose pointilism and did a replica of the Gorges Seurat painting called "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte," which is a fave of mine.

My fave thing I ever did is a window in the HS art room that is leaded stained glass and the subject is a tree branch with peaches in a close up. Of course now they would not be allowed to work with the lead in class, but 19 years ago... lol could get away with it. ;)

Thank you for sharing this with us and also including the link in your sig. :)

Are you flirting with me? hahahahaha. Flattery WILL get you everywhere. hahaha. But seriously, thank you for the comments. I enjoy working with most mediums. I'm supposed to restore an old stained glass window that 3'X5' and has beautiful blues for the sky.
Do you have photos of your work?

Your work is absolutely beautiful. While I loved all of the media you worked with, I have to say one my my favorites is the limestone. You truly bring your artistic eye to your landscape work.:rose:

Thank you very much. It's a very special landscaping job, and actually, my first stonework job. This was my first attempt at stonework. I've enjoyed the physical and mental aspects of this job thouroughly. The client has been wonderful in allowing me to be creative with the stone.

Are you flirting with me? hahahahaha. Flattery WILL get you everywhere. hahaha. But seriously, thank you for the comments. I enjoy working with most mediums. I'm supposed to restore an old stained glass window that 3'X5' and has beautiful blues for the sky.
Do you have photos of your work?

Sure I am... just like usual, and I thought as much... ;)

No, I don't have a pic, and actually it has disappeared with the recent remodel of the school. I haven't done anything for so long. Mostly just a quick sketch on the board for students or a sketch doodling on the phone while on hold. Drew some mini carnations on college ruled paper yesterday. lol not really post worthy. :rolleyes:

Sure I am... just like usual, and I thought as much... ;)

No, I don't have a pic, and actually it has disappeared with the recent remodel of the school. I haven't done anything for so long. Mostly just a quick sketch on the board for students or a sketch doodling on the phone while on hold. Drew some mini carnations on college ruled paper yesterday. lol not really post worthy. :rolleyes:

Boy you sure are full of excuses! hahahaha.:D

Just saw this... shithead. lol. I'll try to find something. dammit. now I have to get off the computer. :rolleyes:

In '93, i travelled from Pennsylvania to Utah to learn to make cowboy boots. This is my first pair, just a tad rough, but not bad for my first.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570387602668.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570387602668.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
word... :D

still lookin for something to show you. :devil:

(just love to give you shit.... lol ;) )

Back