If you build it, they will come.

The morning view overlooking my pasture. The railroad lies just under the horizontal haze. Trees are sycamore, maple, walnut, oak and locust. The fields beyond the trees will be soybean this year. It's a grand view, don't you think?

attachment.php

Attachments

• morning_haze_by_twlawless_d2jkspf-fullview.jpg
    morning_haze_by_twlawless_d2jkspf-fullview.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
This is a Dreamcatcher I made using a deer antler I found in Colorado at the location of the "I Do" fire. The fire burnt 10,000 acres. The webbing is actual deer sinew...none of that fake stuff for me. The feather is that of a hawk, and there's one tiny blue glass seed beed.

DreamcatcherLit.jpg

i love dreamcatchers, i got 5 of them in my room just not like the one in that pic you're showing.

i love dreamcatchers, i got 5 of them in my room just not like the one in that pic you're showing.

Cool. I used to make more traditional dream catchers out of willow I formed into a circle. I made the smaller, more traditional sizes, but was experimenting with the antler here.

You have some amazing art work for sure .. Thanks for sharing :)

You do beautiful work. Thank you for sharing. :rose:

Pointilism is one of my favourite styles, whether it's Seurat or Australian Aboriginal art.

You do beautiful work. Thank you for sharing. :rose:

Pointilism is one of my favourite styles, whether it's Seurat or Australian Aboriginal art.

Thank you so much. Pointilism is an interesting way of expression, and is quite easy to get lost in the shadows of the dots.

Last edited:
Harley-Davidson's Sportster 48. A 1200 cc motor packed in a black old school package, and a complete blast to drive. My 48 is backdropped by an old looking tin sided building to give somewhat of an urban effect.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sportster_48_by_twlawless-d5ly9vs.jpg
    sportster_48_by_twlawless-d5ly9vs.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
You Sir, are a truly gifted artist. It's impossible to even begin to pick a favorite piece, especially after reading the bits and pieces of information that you have added about each one. They are all so unique and obviously hold an important place in your heart, making each even more beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. :kiss:

You Sir, are a truly gifted artist. It's impossible to even begin to pick a favorite piece, especially after reading the bits and pieces of information that you have added about each one. They are all so unique and obviously hold an important place in your heart, making each even more beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. :kiss:

To me, the story is truly a part of the art, and becomes the art, and no longer a story.

Thank you so much for taking the time to browse, and leave kind words.

You are very talented, how long did it take to do each drawing

Thank you very much for stopping by and saying such nice words. The larger pieces like the hands, I would doodle on them an hour at a time over the course of a month. The smaller ones like the eagle and blizzard, only have about six hours or so in them. It is all dependant on my mood, and how much time I have to doodle.

I dabble in poetry and songwriting, as many creative people do. Here is a sampling.

While I Wait For Mary

The saints are calling out my name,
while I wait for Mary.
It's time for me to go home they said,
and do not tary.

The light succumbs to darkness,
while I wait for Mary.
A deep slumber that was owed me,
yet I was wary.

I think of the times and laughs we had,
while I wait for Mary.
Never holding her, and touching her face,
time left here is nary.

The leaves fall gently to the ground,
while I wait for Mary.
The box they lower a little farther down,
as I still wait for Mary.

Last edited:
The same neck of the woods as the photo above, just colder.

attachment.php

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
BY ROBERT FROST

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570388433995.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570388433995.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Your sketches are amazing and inspiring to me. It's been a very long time since I've picked up a pencil but being slightly motivated by your pointillism pieces may just make my fingers itch for some practice. When I saw the earliest pointillism drawings on your thread it immediately reminded me of a man who approached an over sized canvas with only the side of his hand and doing karate chop motions with paint. Any how, enjoy seeing the good work. :)

Your sketches are amazing and inspiring to me. It's been a very long time since I've picked up a pencil but being slightly motivated by your pointillism pieces may just make my fingers itch for some practice. When I saw the earliest pointillism drawings on your thread it immediately reminded me of a man who approached an over sized canvas with only the side of his hand and doing karate chop motions with paint. Any how, enjoy seeing the good work. :)

Seriously, I don't know what to say, that made me blush. My work is just stuff, but if it inspires you, then excellent. You probably should share your inspired work when it is finished.

Thank you for visiting and commenting.

Back