Is Juneteenth properly celebrated in America?

Please share with the group your experience as a black individual in America.
More contrarian views from the ignorant. It's not about my experiences as a black individual, that doesn't even make sense, it's about an all inclusive celebration where all Americans can celebrate. The celebration has to be positive in nature, perhaps celebrating the Emancipation proclamation where slavery was abolished. How about focusing on the good rather than mired in the Ugly. Let's include the great Willy Mays in the celebration, one of my favorite ball players of all times.

More contrarian views from the ignorant. It's not about my experiences as a black individual, that doesn't even make sense, it's about an all inclusive celebration where all Americans can celebrate. The celebration has to be positive in nature, perhaps celebrating the Emancipation proclamation where slavery was abolished. How about focusing on the good rather than mired in the Ugly. Let's include the great Willy Mays in the celebration, one of my favorite ball players of all times.
Well since you are full of judgment about the holiday it would be far more appropriate if it had anything to do with you personally. People mark many events in their lifetime that are not always celebratory but are still very important to them. I find it the height of hubris that you think you are in a position to judge whether they celebrate their holidays happily enough. Who the hell do you think you are?

Are you going to judge the Jewish for how they observe the holiday of Tisha B'Av?

Well since you are full of judgment about the holiday it would be far more appropriate if it had anything to do with you personally. People mark many events in their lifetime that are not always celebratory but are still very important to them. I find it the height of hubris that you think you are in a position to judge whether they celebrate their holidays happily enough. Who the hell do you think you are?
If our hypocritical political elites create a federal holiday then it should be all inclusive and have something for everyone to celebrate.

Juneteenth is an all inclusive celebration which is celebrating the final end of slavery.

Btw- many included celebrations of Willie Mays.

What is the underlying reason for celebrating Juneteenth. Is it a joyful holiday for all Americans, a celebration like Saint Patrick’s day, or maybe even Christmas. I find Juneteenth is more of a negative celebration casting a wet blanket on America’s past. I find the underlying reason is more of a negative connotation, negative reminder specifically aimed at reminding us of a dark past. I’ve researched the founding of Juneteenth and nowhere in my research was there any positive joyous reason for celebration by all, more of a celebration by a small minority, a holiday forced onto the majority by disingenuous politicians. Juneteenth could be celebrated by all as a joyous event that should be an all inclusive holiday celebrating the Emancipation proclamation where we as a country outlawed slavery making Juneteenth a cause for celebration rather than a racist event.
where else would people celebrate juneteenth, traitor?

What is the underlying reason for celebrating Juneteenth. Is it a joyful holiday for all Americans, a celebration like Saint Patrick’s day, or maybe even Christmas. I find Juneteenth is more of a negative celebration casting a wet blanket on America’s past. I find the underlying reason is more of a negative connotation, negative reminder specifically aimed at reminding us of a dark past. I’ve researched the founding of Juneteenth and nowhere in my research was there any positive joyous reason for celebration by all, more of a celebration by a small minority, a holiday forced onto the majority by disingenuous politicians. Juneteenth could be celebrated by all as a joyous event that should be an all inclusive holiday celebrating the Emancipation proclamation where we as a country outlawed slavery making Juneteenth a cause for celebration rather than a racist event.
How to celebrate Juneteenth

Maybe it’s your algorithm that is the problem here. Or, it could be the words you used to conduct your “research”. Why do you find it to be “dark” (interesting word choice)? Why “dark” and not joyous. Do you not find joy in people finally being free from slavery?

;)

How to celebrate Juneteenth

Maybe it’s your algorithm that is the problem here. Or, it could be the words you used to conduct your “research”. Why do you find it to be “dark” (interesting word choice)? Why “dark” and not joyous. Do you not find joy in people finally being free from slavery?

;)
When was the Emancipation Proclamation signed? When was the 13th amendment ratified?

Juneteenth is horse shit. Blatant pandering to the terminally ignorant.

When was the Emancipation Proclamation signed? When was the 13th amendment ratified?

Juneteenth is horse shit. Blatant pandering to the terminally ignorant.
Holiday welfare queen!
Go to your employer and explain your desire to work through a paid holiday.
It would be ironically fitting on Juneteenth for you to provide labor for consumers who are POC.

Are you going to judge the Jewish for how they observe the holiday of Tisha B'Av?
I appreciate the analogy but Juneteenth is more like Passover—a joyous celebration of liberation. I’ve been to Seders where the liberation of black slaves in America was specifically held up as another reason to celebrate.

Juneteenth … next year in Jerusalem!

I always celebrate the executions of communist spies Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. First I go fishing at the old pond, then later when the family comes around we shoot at blue helmets

I always celebrate the executions of communist spies Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. First I go fishing at the old pond, then later when the family comes around we shoot at blue helmets
Why don’t you just celebrate by going and sitting yourself down in a chair???

I appreciate the analogy but Juneteenth is more like Passover—a joyous celebration of liberation. I’ve been to Seders where the liberation of black slaves in America was specifically held up as another reason to celebrate.

Juneteenth … next year in Jerusalem!

Thanks for the info.

Honestly I would think that Juneteenth would be a jovial holiday myself. So I'm not even sure what the traitor is complaining about. Well, beyond the usual programming that is.

More contrarian views from the ignorant.

And then...

How about focusing on the good rather than mired in the Ugly. Let's include the great Willy Mays in the celebration, one of my favorite ball players of all times.

One of your favorites, eh...and you can't even spell his name right?

You ought to log off for a month. What an embarrassment of a human being you are. 🤣🤣

The end of slavery is nothing to celebrate - icantthedipshitpotatoboi

And then...

One of your favorites, eh...and you can't spell his name right?

You ought to log off for a month. What an embarrassment of a human being you are. 🤣🤣
I’m waiting for Nov 6th when Trump wins and your ass is gone for a year.

I forgot to add that the OP is one of the biggest racist dumb fucks around. What a waste of oxygen!

Back