Is Juneteenth properly celebrated in America?

Celebrating the end of slavery should be a white folks holiday.......................over 360,000 Union soldiers died to achieve it.

Going over my itinerary for my trip to Italy this weekend.
RG? Hey, look. Now I know there’s been some bad blood between us but I wish you safe travels. Sincerely 🥰.

Traveling to Italy is kind of a big deal!
It’s something that I’m sure you’ve had earmarked on your calendar in anticipation.

I appreciate the analogy but Juneteenth is more like Passover—a joyous celebration of liberation. I’ve been to Seders where the liberation of black slaves in America was specifically held up as another reason to celebrate.

Juneteenth … next year in Jerusalem!
It sparked a joyous gang shootout in Oakland CA.

It might be if it wasn't named by an illiterate. Why don't they simply call it Emancipation Day or Black Emancipation Day?
It actually includes all Americans, regardless of your criticism of the spelling.

You can certainly lobby for a change to the name.

Ghetto culture shits on itself as well as decent black culture, Bitch Tits.
Don’t mind me, OK? Continue your conversation with 1174. I just wanted to let you know that as you prepare for your trip to escape celebrating Juneteenth and get a little respite from ghetto culture that is so prevalent here in America, take note of the proximity of Italy to Africa.

Did you know anthropologists regard the African continent as the origin of humankind? I was shocked, shocked I say, to find out that African DNA is dominant over the recessive Caucasian gene!

If… And this is a huge ‘if’ but if you’re going over there to visit family or get in touch with your ancestral line - ask about the Moors, whydoncha? Upon your return, my soul brotha from another motha 🥰, let me know what you found out.

Or just enjoy this great movie scene right here:

Happy Jubilee Juneteenth to you and yours!

Celebrating the end of slavery should be a white folks holiday.......................over 360,000 Union soldiers died to achieve it.

Hmmmmm.
Never thought of it this way before. 🤔 🤔
You raise an interesting point, my friend!
I mean, it’s almost as if black folks were just sitting around southern plantations on their lazy asses doin nuthin.

It actually includes all Americans, regardless of your criticism of the spelling.

You can certainly lobby for a change to the name.
"I might not feel the weight of history, but my ancestors did. They confronted the legacy of the racist South. After burning it down they came home to bury their dead and write the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments. They ushered in the first black members of Congress. Decades later, another Republican President boldly confronted the Dixiecrats and Jim Crow at Little Rock. Their efforts culminated in the Civil Rights Act, with crucial support from Everett Dirksen and his fellow Republicans.

"I might not feel the weight of history, but my ancestors did. They confronted the legacy of the racist South. After burning it down they came home to bury their dead and write the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments. They ushered in the first black members of Congress. Decades later, another Republican President boldly confronted the Dixiecrats and Jim Crow at Little Rock. Their efforts culminated in the Civil Rights Act, with crucial support from Everett Dirksen and his fellow Republicans.
Sorry you don't like the holiday

AI????

Oh, so YOU’RE the gracious white person blacks in America need to be thanking.

Well, neither I nor any of my white/Latin friends are celebrating the patronizing piece of shit day.
The thing about holidays is that you are never required to celebrate them in our country. You do, sometimes, get a day off of work for them.

But it celebrates the end of slavery in our country, which many whites and blacks seem to think is a good thing.

Back