Is Juneteenth properly celebrated in America?

What is the underlying reason for celebrating Juneteenth. Is it a joyful holiday for all Americans, a celebration like Saint Patrick’s day, or maybe even Christmas. I find Juneteenth is more of a negative celebration casting a wet blanket on America’s past. I find the underlying reason is more of a negative connotation, negative reminder specifically aimed at reminding us of a dark past. I’ve researched the founding of Juneteenth and nowhere in my research was there any positive joyous reason for celebration by all, more of a celebration by a small minority, a holiday forced onto the majority by disingenuous politicians. Juneteenth could be celebrated by all as a joyous event that should be an all inclusive holiday celebrating the Emancipation proclamation where we as a country outlawed slavery making Juneteenth a cause for celebration rather than a racist event.
If you're white, nobody gives a fuck what you think or do about Juneteenth. So fuck off with this blatantly racist thread, you piece of shit.

Ghetto culture shits on itself as well as decent black culture, Bitch Tits.
Your obvious and constant racism is almost as pathetic as you are.

Why do you hate black people so much? Did a black man steal your wife? Is that why you're such a bitter, old racist fool?

Its all about virtual signaling and gives the leftists on the board a chance to yell "Yay, black people! Black people yay! Can I come over and pet you? Can I tell everyone how many black friends I have? What do you mean, its has nothing to do with us? Shut up black slave and let us tell you all about how you feel.

Meet the people who can make a day about a black tragedy all about them and how black folks owe them for this day.

Its all about virtual signaling and gives the leftists on the board a chance to yell "Yay, black people! Black people yay! Can I come over and pet you? Can I tell everyone how many black friends I have? What do you mean, its has nothing to do with us? Shut up black slave and let us tell you all about how you feel.

Meet the people who can make a day about a black tragedy all about them and how black folks owe them for this day.
Or you're celebrating the end of slavery which was a stain on the country. You know the thing we did as a country that the eighties here need acknowledgement for?

But sure.....virtue signalling...not celebrating a great event in our history.

👍

What is the underlying reason for celebrating Juneteenth. Is it a joyful holiday for all Americans, a celebration like Saint Patrick’s day, or maybe even Christmas.
Why are you comparing a new non religious Holiday to old religious Holidays? I mean, besides the fact you're a complete dumbfuck.

The 'new' plantation overseers.

A pedo and a racist...

Actually, all of us white leftists pretty much stay out of it, because we know it's not a day for us. Just like Christians don't celebrate Yom Kippur.

If you're white, nobody gives a fuck what you think or do about Juneteenth. So fuck off with this blatantly racist thread, you piece of shit.
So let's break down your incoherent narrative. So, if I'm white and nobody gives a fuck what I think, well, that in itself is a racist comment. The fact is maybe there's some truth to your statement. Your comment would suggest that if your white you probably shouldn't be included in the idea that is Juneteenth.

If the creation of Juneteenth was originally intended to be a celebration for a small minority then why the federal holiday status? I agree that the underlying reason for Juneteenth should encompass all races and creeds. The civil war and the Emancipation proclamation involved a whole spectrum of Americans who fought and died for a value that we cherish as a people, and that value is equality, that all men are created equal under God and the fact that black people were released from the bondage of slavery speaks to us as a nation, should be celebrated by us as a nation and not restricted to a certain minority. Some would argue that it doesn't restrict anyone from celebrating Juneteenth, but is that really true.

The Emancipation proclamation was a monumental first step towards equality. It didn't solve all racial tensions or totally eliminate racism but it was a start in the right direction and white men fought for those rights along side of blacks. Your demented views seems to imply that you are either a racist or your reading for comprehension is seriously lacking or both.

If the creation of Juneteenth was originally intended to be a celebration for a small minority then why the federal holiday status? I agree that the underlying reason for Juneteenth should encompass all races and creeds. The civil war and the Emancipation proclamation involved a whole spectrum of Americans who fought and died for a value that we cherish as a people, and that value is equality, that all men are created equal under God and the fact that black people were released from the bondage of slavery speaks to us as a nation, should be celebrated by us as a nation and not restricted to a certain minority. Some would argue that it doesn't restrict anyone from celebrating Juneteenth, but is that really true.
Did anyone stop you from joining celebrations in your area?

The Emancipation proclamation was a monumental first step towards equality. It didn't solve all racial tensions or totally eliminate racism but it was a start in the right direction and white men fought for those rights along side of blacks. Your demented views seems to imply that you are either a racist or your reading for comprehension is seriously lacking or both.
It took a few years before the last slaves were freed, which is why this celebrates the last slaves freed - the full realization of the emancipation proclamation....and yes....everyone should celebrate that. Locally, they had several events.

Actually, all of us white leftists pretty much stay out of it, because we know it's not a day for us. Just like Christians don't celebrate Yom Kippur.
It's a day for everyone. The day is about freedom for all slaves finally realized. Leftist or rightist, white or black...

That being said, if you don't feel the holiday is for you, you can stay out of it....as you suggest. I think that reinforces the OP rather than refutes it, but that's just me.

It's hilarious because it's only the geriatric, white, american males who are angry about a day celebrating the end of slavery. :D

Why are you comparing a new non religious Holiday to old religious Holidays? I mean, besides the fact you're a complete dumbfuck.

Did anyone stop you from joining celebrations in your area?

It took a few years before the last slaves were freed, which is why this celebrates the last slaves freed - the full realization of the emancipation proclamation....and yes....everyone should celebrate that. Locally, they had several events.
Why are you repeating what I wrote. A point of contention, if you be a white guy meandering into the hood for Juneteenth I guarantee you will not be met with open arms, probably get your ass shot off.

Why are you repeating what I wrote. A point of contention, if you be a white guy meandering into the hood for Juneteenth I guarantee you will not be met with open arms, probably get your ass shot off.
Holy fuck dude.....you're delusional. I went to an event in my nearby town..food trucks, music and dancing......not a single person had their ass shot off.

Holy fuck...a Junteenth thread started by an avowed white-supremacist. What could possibly go wrong here? Maybe the fact that it reached five pages...and should probably have been deleted or locked after the first post.

You quoted two people because you can't navigate the board properly. Who were you talking to?

Which "hood?" How the fuck would you know what a "hood" is if Fox News didn't tell you?

So let's break down your incoherent narrative. So, if I'm white and nobody gives a fuck what I think, well, that in itself is a racist comment.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How to say, "I have no idea what Racism is", without using those words.

Damn, fuck...just fuck. You can never get through to someone who doesn't even understand the problem.

Holy fuck...a Junteenth thread started by an avowed white-supremacist. What could possibly go wrong here? Maybe the fact that it reached five pages...and should probably have been deleted or locked after the first post.
Hey, anything that showcases Icant's true colors is fine with me. I mean, even the morons who think "The Democrat Party supported slavery!" is a trump card would agree that the end of slavery was a good thing. All but one, apparently.

Back