Is this board elitist?

Is the Author's Hangout elitist?

• Yes!!! I have intoduced myself but been ignored. Help ARGH!!!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No! We are one big happy family who value everyone's input *hugs*

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • What's elitist mean? *As you stare blankly into the netherworld.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
I think everyone has said everything to say in response to DL's original post and to everyone's else's responses, but I don't mind regurgitation in the goal of good will. Me, I have two bits more to add.

1. I don't feel like looking it up but I posted dozens and dozens of times before receiving more than an occasional response on the AH. It was a while before I made friends, vs. acquaintances, and some really good flirt partners +). As in real life I've met a good number of extraordinary women to admire and learn from at a variety of life ages. I am grateful for all this, including the people who kept me here the more than one time I felt like hopping away in a big jarumph.

2. Pooh, Maboo. I welcome people (when I feel like it in fact) on my behalf the way I'd welcome someone who walks into my office not necessarily to see me; or like when I see a tourist on the streets of SF who is obviously lost. It's mere courtesy you get, you. And I do not mind others welcoming people on my behalf; I was touched that Gauche did it when I was out of town recently. So there, Jacques*.

ta, Perdita

*now I like to stick Sh'rean refs. in esp. for those who think I'm a lit. snob. :cool:

Re: Re: 2-cents early Monday morning

oggbashan said:
Not getting answers to questions happens to "core group" members as well.
Dear Venerable Og,
Me and you are, I suppose, "core group" members, and we certainly know what it's like to have posts ignored. Addition of a layer or two to the dermis-epidermis does wonders around here.
Dermatologically hypertrophied,
MG
Ps. Perdita: Ta, yerself, Frisco.
Pps. Rumple: Got yer caps lock unstuck yet?

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: 2-cents early Monday morning

MathGirl said:
Perdita: Ta, yerself, Frisco.
Confession time: I admit to avoiding speaking to, let alone helping, any really short, cute and young blond women. I'll cross any street in The City to avoid them.

Perdita

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2-cents early Monday morning

perdita said:
Confession time: I admit to avoiding speaking to, let alone helping, any really short, cute and young blond women. I'll cross any street in The City to avoid them.

Perdita
yeah, but how do you really feel about 'em?

rumple -with the caps lock unstuck- foreskin

Old not Dead,

You made some good points. However in one instance, you said,

To me, the best part of the AH is the overall lack of 'flaming' that is part and parcell of so many internet forums. Post something controversial here, and most will give you some well thought comments and not just deride you for not thinking the way they think. I like that.

Perhaps you ignore the "Just dropped in to spread the joy.."
thread, as a recent example of a controversial topic.

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207742

It's clear that, at least on some topic, there is, if not flaming, efforts by some persons to cast the discussion as between the virtuous/intelligent vs. the degenerate/stupid.

I'm not sure if this is a reflection of 'elitism' or simply of a group who intend to be very 'like minded', at least on certain 'hot' topics.

J.
(obviously one of the 'degenerate')

PS: Old not dead, I quote you, in that thread as one of the MORE temperate:

Nevertheless, it is wrong to try to be pendantic and obfuscate the basic issue by participating in linguistic gymnastics. The energy should be directed at child safety.

In these two sentences, you labeled a person as "trying" to be pedantic, and "trying" (i.e., deliberately acting) to obfuscate; further, though you phrased it delicately, you implied that the poster devotes himself to obfuscation and very little or not at all to child safety.

How to label this: Perhaps, a 'put down' suggestive of what I called 'degeneracy'?

J.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2-cents early Monday morning

Rumple Foreskin said:
yeah, but how do you really feel about 'em?
Aw, Rumps, I often break down and get all huggy-kissy with 'em. But I like to chap their big butts at times. :eek:

perdita (feeling lower-case cos my novel is upsetting my psyche)

Re: Smooth new thread entrance! ;)

wildsweetone said:
How's your NaNo coming along Light?

Hi again wildsweetone :)

My NaNo is going great thanks! It's been hard work but fun at the same time. Me and Tatelou have been great support for each other.

Wills said:
Hi Light :)
And a big warm huggy welcome from another relative newbie.
Post some extracts from your NaNo entry, get some feedback, If you have and I've missed them then apologies, post some more.

Thanks for the warm welcome Wills. I have thought about posting extracts but just never got around to it. That's me being lazy I think. I'll have to try and buck up ;)

oggbashan said:
... Now all you have to do is ask MathGirl the question, post something about sheep, four foot BMs or garderobes and write something for the DurtGurl group and then you will be an integral part of this forum.
Regards Og (who should get back to NaNo)

Hi Og.... wow is all I can say. That sounds like one of those assault courses you have to do in the marines! :D

OldnotDead said:
Hello, DL...
I do feel that your posts at the beginning of THIS thread showed a certain 'chip on the shoulder' attitude, from which I inferred that you were not interested in what anyone said as much as you wanted to 'stir the pot'.

I know you are a newbie here, but am not sure how new you are to bulletin boards in general. If this is 'old hat' to you, I apologize, but there are some things about internet posting that is VERY different from real life.

Hello OnD,

I wouldn't go so far as to say I had a 'chip on my shoulder' but I will say I wanted to voice a concern. If it was interpreted as a 'chip' then sincere apologies (and that goes to all). I didn't mean it to be interpreted in quite so confrontational a manner but I did want to put my observation across.

On the other point I'm no newbie. I was around when the first BBS's were around. I still remember the size of my Mum's phonebills back then :(

rhinoguy said:
YOU SO BLESSED, MISTER LOU!

LOL. Tell me about it! She reminds me everyday! Nah, joking aside I am a very lucky man. Not only is she talented, but has the intelligence and kind personality I love. Yes, I am BLESSED! :D

Hi to everyone else who said hello and thanks to those who contributed to the discussion. I don't believe I belong to a 'clique' nor do I want to be associated with one. However, I have enjoyed reading the variety of posts and views and do look more positively upon the forum. I have to come to realize; though I may see some faults it is the variety of characters here that make the forum special.

Light

There's probably 20 posts I'd like to reply to but I'm damned if I can remember them all, and I'm too lazy to go back and look. Whatever.

"I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member" It was Groucho Marx.

I'd forgotten all about that drawing Rhino. Ta again.

5Extant is a either part of a hive-mind and it's his turn at the keyboard or one of or a 'drone'(?) of one of those 7of9 things where they have several bodies to run through in their lifetime(s), and he forgot to bring the mind with him. (That interspecies lawyer's boss who takes part in a trial and uses a legal defense whereby he is allowed to kill the judge, which he does, with a spear. (PLEASE someone tell me what that book is. The guy also communicates with suns which are powerful living beings. The Dosadi Experiment?)

Next. How to be a member of a clique. I'm certain I've said this before. It's like the guy who asked the Buddhist monk "Where do I join? Who do I talk to?" The monk's answer. "You don't have to join anything. Just be Buddhist"

Mtnmn - you tork nice. you shud post mor.

Carrie - Did I say something nasty in that thread? Or was I just being a clever twat? (nice spelling)

Noobies being ignored. You should try being of the 'elite' and being ignored. Purely my own fault, I doctored anwers in a thread before I posted.

Rhino and Old - will you please refrain from hitting on my mum (Lorri) whilst I'm in the room please.

The venerable Og and OnD deliberately stole everything else I wanted to say about 'words on the screen'

Welcome to the zoo. (again) (on my own behalf to a stranger who I would like to know better [being as how he is technically my uncle being married to my aunty Loulou]).

Gauche

Gauche, thanks as always for many larfs based on your wit, if not your several charms :p

tarra,

the minimal perdita :(

p.s. I'm whinging all over today.

perdita said:
Gauche, thanks as always for many larfs based on your wit, if not your several charms :p

tarra,

the minimal perdita :(

p.s. I'm whinging all over today.

What she said,

giggle

gauchecritic said:
There's probably 20 posts I'd like to reply to but I'm damned if I can remember them all, and I'm too lazy to go back and look. Whatever.

"I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member" It was Groucho Marx.

I'd forgotten all about that drawing Rhino. Ta again.

5Extant is a either part of a hive-mind and it's his turn at the keyboard or one of or a 'drone'(?) of one of those 7of9 things where they have several bodies to run through in their lifetime(s), and he forgot to bring the mind with him. (That interspecies lawyer's boss who takes part in a trial and uses a legal defense whereby he is allowed to kill the judge, which he does, with a spear. (PLEASE someone tell me what that book is. The guy also communicates with suns which are powerful living beings. The Dosadi Experiment?)

Next. How to be a member of a clique. I'm certain I've said this before. It's like the guy who asked the Buddhist monk "Where do I join? Who do I talk to?" The monk's answer. "You don't have to join anything. Just be Buddhist"

Mtnmn - you tork nice. you shud post mor.

Carrie - Did I say something nasty in that thread? Or was I just being a clever twat? (nice spelling)

Noobies being ignored. You should try being of the 'elite' and being ignored. Purely my own fault, I doctored anwers in a thread before I posted.

Rhino and Old - will you please refrain from hitting on my mum (Lorri) whilst I'm in the room please.

The venerable Og and OnD deliberately stole everything else I wanted to say about 'words on the screen'

Welcome to the zoo. (again) (on my own behalf to a stranger who I would like to know better [being as how he is technically my uncle being married to my aunty Loulou]).

Gauche

time for bed son, mummy needs hitting on:devil: :rose:

hiya again darklight, see how easy it happens, i asked you a direct question, you never gave a direct reply:D
things slip by honey, nobody means anything by it.

give my regards to lou-lou and tell her one of the ll&p brigade said hello:D

Re: giggle

LorriLove said:
hiya again darklight, see how easy it happens, i asked you a direct question, you never gave a direct reply:D
things slip by honey, nobody means anything by it.

give my regards to lou-lou and tell her one of the ll&p brigade said hello:D

Hi LorriLove,

I hold my hands up high. You are very correct. :)

Yes it is easily done. I remember reading your post and thinking, "Oh, I'll respond to LorriLove in a minute."

Having the memory of a goldfish I forgot very quickly (silly me).

Light

Re: Re: giggle

DarkLight said:
Having the memory of a goldfish I forgot very quickly (silly me).

Light

Damn it!

I still forgot to answer the original question! :rolleyes: lol

Ho hum.. one day I will learn ;)

The Mrs is great thanks :D

Re: giggle

LorriLove said:
time for bed son, mummy needs hitting on:devil: :rose:

:D

Lori,

Consider yourself hit upon. Have to keep it brief, getting called for supper.

OldnotDead said:
Lori,

Consider yourself hit upon. Have to keep it brief, getting called for supper.

ok oldnotdead honey, quickies fine by me:devil: :D

hiya darklight, glad the misses is ok, don't take too much notice of me hun, i get silly sometimes, giggle:D if you hadn't noticed;)

lorri xxxxxxxnano widow.

rhinoguy said:
LorriLove,
here's another "hit" on you.

rhino-now on to research for 10 year old's schoolproject

oh rhino you horny devil:devil: :D wow two's up my luck has changed:D

guy went to the doctor and said, 'hay doc i'm in a stress, it seems everyone's ignoring me.

the doc said, 'next patient please'.

now that's a 10 yr old joke, giggle, well i heard it when i was 10, giggle again.

Re: Re: Re: giggle

LorriLove said:
oh rhino you horny devil:devil: :D wow two's up my luck has changed:D

guy went to the doctor and said, 'hay doc i'm in a stress, it seems everyone's ignoring me.

the doc said, 'next patient please'.

now that's a 10 yr old joke, giggle, well i heard it when i was 10, giggle again.

YIKES!!! A 'giggler'. Not that I mind, it's just disconcertin when you put on what you think are your best moves, stroke a breast, and someone starts giggling.

Thinking lustful groans help keep the wares hard.

LorriLove said:
. . . 'next patient please'. . .

This guy walks into a psychiatrist's office with a parrot sitting on top of his head.

The psychiatrist's eyes light up as he spies his new patient.

"Yes," the psychiatrist asks, "How may I help you?"

"Could you get this idiot off my foot?" the parrot replies.

Back