Is this board elitist?

Is the Author's Hangout elitist?

• Yes!!! I have intoduced myself but been ignored. Help ARGH!!!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No! We are one big happy family who value everyone's input *hugs*

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • What's elitist mean? *As you stare blankly into the netherworld.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
gauchecritic said:
5Extant is a either part of a hive-mind and it's his turn at the keyboard or one of or a 'drone'(?) of one of those 7of9 things where they have several bodies to run through in their lifetime(s), and he forgot to bring the mind with him. (That interspecies lawyer's boss who takes part in a trial and uses a legal defense whereby he is allowed to kill the judge, which he does, with a spear. (PLEASE someone tell me what that book is. The guy also communicates with suns which are powerful living beings. The Dosadi Experiment?)

That originally got a blank stare, but with a little research, I think you are correct. It's been way too long and too many books since I read that one...

Fool

Re: Re: Re: Re: giggle

OldnotDead said:
YIKES!!! A 'giggler'. Not that I mind, it's just disconcertin when you put on what you think are your best moves, stroke a breast, and someone starts giggling.

Thinking lustful groans help keep the wares hard.

giggle and lustful groan:D i can do the lot honey;)

hay quasi.

chinese guy walks into the pub with a parrot on his shoulder.

barman says 'hey where did you get that'

parrot says 'china there's millions of the buggers'

oops sorry!!:D :devil:

lorri xxxxxxxxnano widow.

A guy walks in to the doctor with a monkey sitting on his head.

The Doctor asks "So, what can I do for you?"

The monkey replies "Well, I got this really weird wart on my ass..."

Whew! This is a long thread...

Glad I didn't get in on the NaNo whatever thingy. LOL Anywho, I'm the one vote up there. LOL Hey! Somebody had to, right?

DS

DarkLight said:
Maybe I'm a sad lonely person but I seem to get ignored. My question (which isn't a dig at anyone)... Is this board elitist?

PS. Prove me wrong but if you post a reply don't flame me unless you want to show your true self ;)

Hello DarkLight,

I know I'm a bit slow, but still hi. If you want to know how I was received, about a month ago, look at "Bad Manners?"

I figured I had to do something to make myself known. Just like walking into a party where you know nobody except that one friend who has walked away. And as I have a big mouth I just opened it. :D

The response made me feel welcome. And free to open my mouth again. ;)

Re: Re: Is this board elitist?

Black Tulip said:
Hello DarkLight,

I know I'm a bit slow, but still hi. If you want to know how I was received, about a month ago, look at "Bad Manners?"

I figured I had to do something to make myself known. Just like walking into a party where you know nobody except that one friend who has walked away. And as I have a big mouth I just opened it. :D

The response made me feel welcome. And free to open my mouth again. ;)

Hi Black Tulip,

Well I had Tatelou at the party. Thankfully, she never walked away ;)

With the question I posed, I have to admit most handled it well and I'm pleased to say I'm trying to get to know a few at the party. :)

Light

Hi gang!

So, who's responsible for this pa... I mean, this thread? "DarkLight"??? Who's that? And more importantly, his parents are gone for the weekend, right? Allright!

Par-tay!:D

Mountain gorilla comes into a pub, slaps a pile of banknotes on the bar, pokes the "best bitter" pump. Barman quickly pulls a pint, takes a tenner from the pile, puts it in the till. By the time he turns round the gorilla has downed his pint, thumps the glass down on the bar and taps the pump again. Barman pulls another pint, takes another tenner and puts it in the till. Gorilla drinks half the beer, puts his glass down, looks at the barman.

Awkward pause...

"We don't get many mountain gorillas in here."

Gorilla snorts.

"With bitter at ten pounds a fucking pint I'm not surprised."

Back