Jack Smith’s Case Against Trump Appears to Be Falling Apart

I have, multiple times, supported a policy decision by 45. Specifically I know I supported sanctions against China and Russia. I'm not going to hunt them down to prove anything for you.

The thread is about Smith and his competency, which isn't reliant on support or lack of towards 45.

There is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE between supporting a policy decision and supporting the man.

Attorney John Eastman was permanently disbarred from the Bar of the State of California today.

"Eastman’s actions transgressed those ethical limits by advocating, participating in and pursuing a strategy to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election that lacked evidentiary or legal support."

He pursued a case in court without evidence or legal support, a strictly political stratagem, and his egregious misconduct necessitated the ultimate sanction from the Bar Association.

The fact that SOME Bar Associations have ethical standards must terrify ethically compromised attorneys.

This is what the bar concluded.

My opinion differs.

The Ca State Supreme court will determine which of us is correct.

This is what the bar concluded.

My opinion differs.

The Ca State Supreme court will determine which of us is correct.
One of us will certainly look foolish.
Did Eastman ever specify in his frivolous appeal exactly what "constitutional grounds" he was contesting?
Seemed like a pretty cut 'n dry lack of ethics on his part....did I miss something?

That is the conundrum you set up for yourself so don't blame me for it. Either you CAN or you CANNOT. If you cannot, that is the bed you made for yourself.

Prove that you have supported Trump in ONE post.
Just one. Otherwise you're just a lying asshole like the rest of the trolls here.
HiArpy asks for a proof of ll74 supporting Trump in something.
I have, multiple times, supported a policy decision by 45. Specifically I know I supported sanctions against China and Russia. I'm not going to hunt them down to prove anything for you.

The thread is about Smith and his competency, which isn't reliant on support or lack of towards 45.
ll74 states he has support a couple of Trump's policies
There is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE between supporting a policy decision and supporting the man.
HisArpy bitches because ll74 doesn't support Trump the person....

I don't support the man because I don't support the majority of his policy positions.

That has nothing to do with Smith.

Didn't two verdicts come back earlier today which at least for now has Jack in the win collumn?

One of us will certainly look foolish.
Did Eastman ever specify in his frivolous appeal exactly what "constitutional grounds" he was contesting?
Seemed like a pretty cut 'n dry lack of ethics on his part....did I miss something?

You already look foolish so there'll be no change in that dept.

I have an OPINION. It's based on the historical record of non punishment for others who have done the same thing Eastman did.

You have a BIAS which you've let run loose in your head to control your words and deeds. It's based on a severe case of TDS and hate and a FAILURE TO REMEMBER what happened the last time people got together and decided to enact a major change in society and then realized that mob rule sucks.

That was called Prohibition and the mentality then was just as wrong as the TDS driven mentality of today.

Not that you'll get the connection. Because you're intentionally stupid and filled with hate.

I don't support the man because I don't support the majority of his policy positions.

That has nothing to do with Smith.

It has everything to do with Smith.

You prejudge. Then you seek to justify your prejudgement with outright lies and half truths. Which makes you guilty of 2 wrongs.

If you don't support policy, then argue policy. The only thing I see is, "Trump bad."

It has everything to do with Smith.

You prejudge. Then you seek to justify your prejudgement with outright lies and half truths. Which makes you guilty of 2 wrongs.
I hope the legal cases against Donald Trump proceed quickly so the man has an opportunity to prove his innocence in a court of law. It must be very difficult for him to have so many accusations hanging over his head while he’s running for election.

I hope the legal cases against Donald Trump proceed quickly so the man has an opportunity to prove his innocence in a court of law. It must be very difficult for him to have so many accusations hanging over his head while he’s running for election.

It's innocent until proven guilty. And he's entitled to his full panoply of rights such as due process and a fair and neutral trial before a jury of his peers.

You not understanding that is why you're a ninny.

HiArpy asks for a proof of ll74 supporting Trump in something.

ll74 states he has support a couple of Trump's policies

HisArpy bitches because ll74 doesn't support Trump the person....
I recall multiple not a few. At least quote the obvious accurately.

So difficult which is why he keeps trying to delay the cases.

It's innocent until proven guilty. And he's entitled to his full panoply of rights such as due process and a fair and neutral trial before a jury of his peers.

A speedy trial would remove the cloud hanging over his head in the minds of the public. Most people think Donald Trump is a crook. His fervent supporters don’t care. They like the idea that he’s above the law. But a speedy victory in court could change the minds of the independents he needs to win the White House.

You don't have a clue as to how the law works. :rolleyes:

Trump will not have a FAIR jury of his peers in NY. The hatred and media propaganda will taint the outcome, much like what happened with the Floyd case. IMHO

A speedy trial would remove the cloud hanging over his head in the minds of the public. Most people think Donald Trump is a crook. His fervent supporters don’t care. They like the idea that he’s above the law. But a speedy victory in court could change the minds of the independents he needs to win the White House.

He is entitled to a speedy trial. He can also waive that right. Which he has done.

That "most people," (which is false because the ratio is approx 50/50) according to you, think he's a crook is irrelevant to his criminal charges. He is on trial for those specific alleged acts, not "people think he's a crook so he must be guilty of this too."

Again, that you seem to think this is the way the world works is why you're a ninny.

And trust me, even if he gets a not guilty verdict, he'll still always be a crook in your mind. Because THAT is what you want to believe. Even if the evidence and a jury don't say so.

Yeah? But he would have to have a snowballs chance to win. Easier to delay delay delay.

Trump will not have a FAIR jury of his peers in NY. The hatred and media propaganda will taint the outcome, much like what happened with the Floyd case. IMHO
He needs a bunch of people who lie all the time, have no moral values, and only care about themselves.

You moving to NY? They have deep fryers there too. You would have a job.

He is entitled to a speedy trial. He can also waive that right. Which he has done.

That "most people," (which is false because the ratio is approx 50/50) according to you, think he's a crook is irrelevant to his criminal charges. He is on trial for those specific alleged acts, not "people think he's a crook so he must be guilty of this too."

Again, that you seem to think this is the way the world works is why you're a ninny.

And trust me, even if he gets a not guilty verdict, he'll still always be a crook in your mind. Because THAT is what you want to believe. Even if the evidence and a jury don't say so.
Why would an innocent man ever waive the right to a speedy trial? Why drag out out the agony when he could get it over quickly and be vindicated?

Why would an innocent man ever waive the right to a speedy trial? Why drag out out the agony when he could get it over quickly and be vindicated?

JFC... :rolleyes:

How about if the innocent man wants to be able to defend against the allegations and needs that time to prepare said defense?

I recall multiple not a few. At least quote the obvious accurately.
I quoted the whole post chain HisArpy referred to. I'm not about to waste my time pulling up HisArpy's bab dabaling. ll74 and as I have both at times, agreed with Trump. I actually pulled up a quote of mine to prove that.

Not moving the goal posts here, I'm just asking you to show me one post of your's (just one) agreeing with Biden?

JFC... :rolleyes:

How about if the innocent man wants to be able to defend against the allegations and needs that time to prepare said defense?
And if this was his first time, or even his 10th, I might agree. Trump has been in court both at civil and criminal cases over 4000 time. He has lost or settled or ran out the clock over 3000 times.

One might infer from those actions that Trump's tactic is to delay delay delay. Regardless of the outcome to him, that has been a winning but expensive tactic.

Back