Makes me wince!

Originally posted by Svenskaflicka I thought Dr Jacobi was that one-armed man in Twin Peaks
Dear Svenska,
You're being intentionally difficult, Swede.
MG
Ps. Speaking of being difficult, what ever happened to Kostly?

Svenskaflicka said:
I thought Dr Jacobi was that one-armed man in Twin Peaks?:devil:

Wasn't the one-armed-man the guy who actually killed Richard Kimball (David Jansen, Harrisonn Ford) 's wife?

Gauche

Gd Grf!

Dear Perdita,
See what happens around here? You innocently post someone's name, and the vultures start circling. I guess that's part of the charm of this place.
MG
Ps. I've always thought vultures were handsome critters.
Pps. Wasn't there a "Lt. Jacoby" on some cop show a long time back?

Jacobiana

MG: I thought you might have made a connection among other paths of glory, e.g., Carl Jacobi, the mathematician who contributed to the theory of elliptic functions. He died in 1851 so this isn't a great pic but it's all I could find. Or perhaps you meant F.H. Jacobi the philosopher. (No offense, but I get those two disciplines mixed up all the time.)

If you like Jacobies you must read "The Night of the Burning Pestle", one of the major Jacobean (or is it Carolinean?) dramas, with a character named Luce Venturewell (I love that name is all).

Perdita

S. Kubrick

p.s. If hope you weren't implying that Gauche is a vulture, I find him a gentleman at all times; charmingly vulgar perhaps but never a scavenger.
p.p.s. I do enjoy DJ in Caedfael, I love the man's voice as much as fave opera singers, but you must see him in "I, Claudius", available on vid or dvd.

perdita said:
Vincent: I said it was only slightly ironic because of the icicle coming out of nowhere. In rhetoric there are basic rules, or guidelines (established in antiquity that still hold pretty fast), kind of like mathematical formulas but not so precise; breaking the code simply requires practice. So if you were the guy's neighbor and said, 'Gee, isn't it ironic Dick got hit by an icicle after clearing the snow so no one would slip,' you wouldn't be kicked off the rhetoric team as fast as Alanis Morrisette, but Prof. Hihorse might snub you at the next block party.

Sometimes I just cannot win.
No, no; it's not about winning, or shouldn't be. If you're that interested get a used Rhetoric text or surf the net (search under Rhetoric, vs. Irony, at least for now, or you'll end up w/ all kinds of sophisticated flaming of AM). I recommend sites that have .edu in the url (vs. the ones that sell term papers).

Perdita

Derek Jacobi

I guess I don't know what I don't know, yet. Someday I'll know what I don't know, and then everything is going to be ooookaayy.

Vincent E said:
I guess I don't know what I don't know, yet. Someday I'll know what I don't know, and then everything is going to be ooookaayy.
Bravo, bravo, Vincenzo. That's a great thing to know. I daresay you're set for life.

sincerely, Perdita

Speaking of rhinos ......

Dear Perdita,
That's quite a beak on your AV. Is that what's known as a "roaming nose?"
MG

Franklin Tecumseh Roosevelt

Re: Speaking of rhinos ......

MathGirl said:
That's quite a beak on your AV. Is that what's known as a "roaming nose?"
Very apt, MG. It belonged to Byron, a roaming romantic extraordinaire. But I chose it for the lips, I love femmey lips on men.

Perdita

p.s. re. the seemingly random names, you're not getting it.

Re: Re: Speaking of rhinos ......

Originally posted by perdita . re. the seemingly random names, you're not getting it.
Dear Perdita,
Oh, I get it, dear. I'm just doing my own thing.
MG

Curly Joe Fine

Hehehe

Long as it's not glow in the dark cum or stinky cheese cum were all ok right :heart:

That would be something

John pumped and pumped and pumped suddenly his body froze up and strands and strands of glow in the dark neon green cum coated mary's face HEHEHEHE

Vincent E said:

True wisdom lies in the realization that one knows nothing.

Back