Modern Day Fairy Tale Chain

You know, now that I've gotten a chance to experiment a little more with my writing, I think I'd like to try my hand at a modern fairy tale. In fact, I've got a couple of ideas that I'd like to do already forming in my mind.

Just remember, if you intend to count chain stories for Survivor, you can only count one chapter per chain per year. :)

But writing one in 2009 doesn't mean we can't write one in 2010 in the same chain correct?

But writing one in 2009 doesn't mean we can't write one in 2010 in the same chain correct?

That's how I think it's supposed to be. The rule says one story per chain, but I would think that would only apply to the year the contest is being held. I'm not going to say you can't count a chapter for a chain because you wrote one the year before (especially since there might be someone who wrote for a chain the previous year but didn't participate in that year's contest but is participating in this year's.)

That's how I think it's supposed to be. The rule says one story per chain, but I would think that would only apply to the year the contest is being held. I'm not going to say you can't count a chapter for a chain because you wrote one the year before (especially since there might be someone who wrote for a chain the previous year but didn't participate in that year's contest but is participating in this year's.)

Is that a definite decision? :confused: I ask because I had a story in the Modern Fairy Tales Chain last year and one in Lustful lyrics, and I might put a story in either or both of them this year (2010):cool:

I'd like to do one in this chain. I've got some ideas too. Do I need to OK it with anyone or can I just go?

Gotta double down on the I would like to have positive confirmation one way or the other.

Is that a definite decision? :confused: I ask because I had a story in the Modern Fairy Tales Chain last year and one in Lustful lyrics, and I might put a story in either or both of them this year (2010):cool:

Gotta double down on the I would like to have positive confirmation one way or the other.

Let's move this discussion over to the News & Views thread on the Survivor forum.

Just remember, if you intend to count chain stories for Survivor, you can only count one chapter per chain per year. :)

I did not know that, actually, but I had planned on writing in several different Chains anyway.

I don't know if you've looked over my work, but I didn't do any Chain Stories last year, and kind of feel like I missed out on it :-/

Well not THIS time around

I'd like to try Puss in Boots with a view to another survivor entry.

I'd like to try Puss in Boots with a view to another survivor entry.

This is a fun chain to write in. :) Good luck.

ETA: Here is a link to stories already written in the category: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=568251

There is a story about Puss in Boots there already, but that doesn't seem to matter. There is nothing in the rules prohibiting two stories based on the same fairy tale.

Last edited:
Back