Modern Day Fairy Tale Chain

It was option 1 - and I vote for this option too.

I'd probably support this option too... hopefully people will be taken enough by that title to read the descriptor.

Yup. I vote Option 1

x
V

ps- Could we set a start date, if not a submit date? Say everyone has to have started thinking about it by: ... Then once everyone is getting thoughts together we could discuss further dates. I find it very easy to let things drift without firmish guidelines.

In terms of start date...

I'm crazy busy at the exact moment. However, I volunteered and work well with deadlines. So tell me when and one way or another I'll get it done.

But, summer would be a good option if I were to vote on it. I have two vacations weeks coming up and always bring my laptop along.

But I'm up for whatever... :D

Looks like, so far:

Title: Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 1
Description: Cinderella, from rags to riches

is winning...

as for a schedule... I'm thinking about beginning it in April... that work?

April is fine by me. I should have wrapped up the stuff i'm currently working on by then. :)

As a side note: Earth day contest finishes mid April and How To contest starts not long after - if that makes any difference to anybody.

Sorry I've been away all weekend. Got pretty busy. ;)

(And it seems I've been talked about when I wasn't in the room :p )

I always assumed the stories would be stand-alone as well. As for titling, I like the option Rach and Mil voted for.

April? I didn't think we'd wait that long, but I've no problem with it.

That's true, we've got one of those long breaks between contests between V-day and Earth day, right? Maybe we should make it late Feb...

(says the girl who hasn't even narrowed her fairy tale down yet... :x lol)

That's true, we've got one of those long breaks between contests between V-day and Earth day, right? Maybe we should make it late Feb...

See what everyone else thinks - i'm easy :p

I've still got two and a bit stories to write for Red's Enchanted Twelve chain, so if the schedule is for late Feb I'd like to be wayyyy down the list ;)

I think if I can find the time I would like to do The Two Sisters. One sister drowns the other over a guy and a harper strings a harp with her hair and the harp sings the song of what happened to her at the sisters wedding.

Can I have a really pissed off ghost?

<Wave to everyone.> I am new here, but very ready.

I love Faerie Tales. This is right up my alley. I have never done anything like this, although the idea is a great one. The Romance genre has done this one again and again, why not transfer that success to a place that offers a bit more of the naughty faerie to it! I am really split between The Frog Prince and Sleeping Beauty. Sign me up for both, I can get to one right away, or anytime soon... the other may take a while. This is one of the story types I do. Always has been pretty easy for me to work with Faerie Tales. I think my first sexual fantasies were Faerie Tale based. Pretty pathetic and Geeky eh?

Well as soon as you have a schedule I am ready. I would prefer it be finished and submitted before the Survivor deadline this year so I don't have to stress over finding another chain to submit to, I have promised myself that if I am committing to survivor I will at least submit one story from each category. I think this will be one of the better Anthologies of stories there.

Last edited:
I think if I can find the time I would like to do The Two Sisters. One sister drowns the other over a guy and a harper strings a harp with her hair and the harp sings the song of what happened to her at the sisters wedding.

Can I have a really pissed off ghost?

Why not? 'Over Her Dead Body' did...

x
V

Starting late Feb suits me... I can try and get one done for early March probably...
x
V

Welcome to the boards AnneLarkin! :rose:
For short would you prefer Anne, AL, Larkin?

Okely Dokely... I've penciled out a schedule...

Starting this month and submitting two stories per week (if it was 1 per, we'd be doing this thing through summer! ;) )

Take a look at it. If you want to be moved, lemme know. If you signed up and aren't on it, let me know.

If you're one of those who have signed up for more than one with an and/or, I'll put you and your second story at the end of the schedule if you decide to write the second...

I'm going first because I have to submit chain info with the first submission (gulp... haven't even decided what I'm doing yet! eek!)

Feb 20: Selena_Kitt - Little Red Riding Hood
Feb 23: slyc_willie - Hansel & Gretel
Feb 27: Emerald Dragon - Snow White &/or Rose Red
Mar 1: CeriseNoire - Goldilocks
Mar 5: rachlou - Rapunzel
Mar 8: secretme - Alice in Wonderland
Mar 12: Vermillion - Princess and the Pea and/or The Ugly Duckling
Mar 15: Anne Larkin - The Frog Prince &/or Sleeping Beauty
Mar 19: WickedVoice - Little Match Girl
Mar 22: Oblimo - The Death of Koschei the Deathless
Mar 26: TE999 - Puss In Boots
Mar 29: glynndah - Rapunzel
Apr 2: Karenna C - The Little Mermaid and/or Beauty and the Beast
Apr 5: sweetness6280 - Fitcher's Bird
Apr 9: Starrkers - Bluebeard
Apr 12: deathlynx - undecided
Apr 16: drksideofthemoon - undecided
Apr 19: Darkniciad - undecided
Apr 23: CrimsonMaiden - Snow White

Last edited:
Okely Dokely... I've penciled out a schedule...

Starting this month and submitting two stories per week (if it was 1 per, we'd be doing this thing through summer! ;) )

Take a look at it. If you want to be moved, lemme know. If you signed up and aren't on it, let me know.

If you're one of those who have signed up for more than one with an and/or, I'll put you and your second story at the end of the schedule if you decide to write the second...

I'm going first because I have to submit chain info with the first submission (gulp... haven't even decided what I'm doing yet! eek!)

Feb 20: Selena_Kitt - undecided
Feb 23: slyc_willie - Hansel & Gretel
Feb 27: Emerald Dragon - Snow White &/or Rose Red
Mar 1: CeriseNoire - Goldilocks
Mar 5: rachlou - Rapunzel
Mar 8: secretme - Alice in Wonderland
Mar 12: Vermillion - Princess and the Pea and/or The Ugly Duckling
Mar 15: Anne Larkin - The Frog Prince &/or Sleeping Beauty
Mar 19: WickedVoice - Little Match Girl
Mar 22: Oblimo - The Death of Koschei the Deathless
Mar 26: TE999 - Puss In Boots
Mar 29: glynndah - Rapunzel
Apr 2: Karenna C - The Little Mermaid and/or Beauty and the Beast
Apr 5: sweetness6280 - Fitcher's Bird
Apr 9: Starrkers - Bluebeard
Apr 12: deathlynx - undecided
Apr 16: drksideofthemoon - undecided
Apr 19: Darkniciad - undecided
Apr 23: CrimsonMaiden - Snow White

That date is ok with me. I already have a story concept and outline. :D

April 9?
*checks diary*

Two days before school holidays start - should be perfect.

Better get started on the research, I guess. :)

This will be fun. And if anyone has trouble finding research, I am currently taking a lit class on Fairy Tales. I have tons of research, even on obscure tales.

I was thinking... wouldn't it be fun to start every story with:

ONCE UPON A TIME...

? :cathappy:

I was just inspired by this pic I found on Flickr:

rrh4.jpg

Little Red Riding Hood it is...!

(and sweetness... those legs... damn girl!!) :cattail:

I was thinking... wouldn't it be fun to start every story with:

ONCE UPON A TIME...

? :cathappy:

I was just inspired by this pic I found on Flickr:

Little Red Riding Hood it is...!

(and sweetness... those legs... damn girl!!) :cattail:

I love that pic, what a great inspiration.

lol They get me where I need to go.:devil:

Back