My Milky Journey

My milk came in last Sunday, and I've noticed a few changes- aside from the obvious. Since then I have been in a very peaceful state of mind. After the initial excitement of reaching my goal began to wear off, I became less anxious and tense.

I feel like I'm taking things a little bit more slowly and that is really working for me. Since the pandemic began I've been incredibly tense and stressed- as many of us have been. I think it's the oxytocin release causing me to be so calm. It is the hormone of love, and it can be blissful. You know that feeling when you hold a newborn baby and all of a sudden you and the baby both seem to be radiating heat, and you become warm all over? That is oxytocin releasing. It's such a warm, and fuzzy feeling lol.

The only thing better is being nursed on. *That* is what is missing right now. I really want to find someone to share this with, but I am being very selective. I had a few speed bumps over the last few months and I don't want to repeat those.

I am also feeling much more body positive. I'm getting better at loving myself, but I feel like a goddess now that I am able to produce milk.

I hope this sense of calm sticks around. This has been a very challenging, and rewarding learning experience so far!

You are my personal hero.
To me expressing milk out of your beautiful breast is the ultimate gift of femininity :heart:

You are my personal hero.
To me expressing milk out of your beautiful breast is the ultimate gift of femininity :heart:

It has made me really aware of my body and it really is a gift. Thank you for sharing the journey!

I'm curious, why is it torture?

It triggers things in me. I cannot ever be mom or have a "normal" life. My life circumstances made sure of it , and ive always had to lean onto the masculine side of me to survive in this world. When i see things like this, it triggers the nurturing, life giving, feminine aspect thats suppressed in me. My maternal instincts get triggered. Lol.

It triggers things in me. I cannot ever be mom or have a "normal" life. My life circumstances made sure of it , and ive always had to lean onto the masculine side of me to survive in this world. When i see things like this, it triggers the nurturing, life giving, feminine aspect thats suppressed in me. My maternal instincts get triggered. Lol.

I'm sorry that it triggered you in a negative way. Hugs :heart::heart::heart:

A friend of mine got to taste my milk this morning. I was so excited to share it for the first time, and it was wonderful! Dry nursing is lovely, but feeding someone is truly a gift. I could have let it go on forever, but, real life has time constraints. Damn being a responsible adult! Have a happy Friday!

Really enjoying milk in my morning coffee. It makes hand expressing in the morning more fun:)

Last edited by a moderator:
As I hand expressed this morning, my eyes widened as I had my first "stream" of milk squirt from my left nipple, rather than milk dripping down my fingers. That was exciting :) Too bad it missed my coffee cup. I suppose I'll try again later today :D

As I hand expressed this morning, my eyes widened as I had my first "stream" of milk squirt from my left nipple, rather than milk dripping down my fingers. That was exciting :) Too bad it missed my coffee cup. I suppose I'll try again later today :D

So exciting. Missing the coffee cup was a plus in this case;)

Kicking myself for not being able to pump yesterday with hours of car travel. I hope it hasn't set me back too far, but getting back into the swing of things today. I've decided to alternate pumping and using my TENS unit: the TENS is able to be used anywhere because I can place the pads around my nipples and hide the device in my bra and it shuts off automatically after 20 minutes. I have it going now while at my desk at work and it is enjoyable :)

Here is what the TENS unit looks like hooked up to induce.

Side note, no this is not a picture of me ;)

I remember a tens unit being used on my leg when I was doing rehab from major knee reconstruction. Weird feeling.

I remember a tens unit being used on my leg when I was doing rehab from major knee reconstruction. Weird feeling.

It can be a weird feeling initially, but you get used to it :) And then it feels great :D

Something unexpected as my milk supply increases is how much I like the taste of my own breast milk. I can see why people get hooked. I think I'm developing a craving for it myself. I love watching the way it leaks from my nipples to my fingers, then I lick it clean from my finger tips.

If you don't mind my asking, are you at the point where your milk production is becoming a nuisance, with you having to wear pads or conform to a schedule? (I assume that you've been through this before when you were lactating.)

And at what point would you consider it not worth the bother?

If you don't mind my asking, are you at the point where your milk production is becoming a nuisance, with you having to wear pads or conform to a schedule? (I assume that you've been through this before when you were lactating.)

And at what point would you consider it not worth the bother?

No it isn't a nuisance. I don't have that much supply so it isn't a big deal. I'm already conformed to a schedule since I've been pumping for the last 5 months so that hasn't really changed anything.

I think the point where I wasn't to finish would be when I can't keep up with maintaining supply, and I don't want to be on domperidone anymore.

Something unexpected as my milk supply increases is how much I like the taste of my own breast milk. I can see why people get hooked. I think I'm developing a craving for it myself. I love watching the way it leaks from my nipples to my fingers, then I lick it clean from my finger tips.

Oh. I was imagining you could reach to suck directly.

So you do need help!!

Back