new poems

Re: Re: FRIDAY

WickedEve said:
About 14 more for today just popped up. There could be more on the way. :) I'm going to go read them all now.
ta ta
Grrr. At 2 AM?! What the hell do you ask of me? :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: FRIDAY

Liar said:

they all think it pops up at 2 am if they're up......
oh wait
this is the poetry thread right??

fuck!!

never mind

heh--yeah well

Tathagata said:
Jesus Christ man............
I'm trying to watch a ball game here and now I'm all fuckin' bothered

and that's not a comfortable feeling when you are watching 9 men in white pants and cleats

I had to take a personal break while writing it

HEY LIAR

VERY good job on the reviews today bro

(carliebear--who thinks maybe he'll buy a Greyhound ticket to Evanston so the the home boys don't key his Boxster)

ok
seriously
Nice fuckin job
I'm with you on this one
but don't tell anyone

this is wot i writ

I had to take a personal break while writing it

HEY LIAR

VERY good job on the reviews today bro

(carliebear--who thinks maybe he'll buy a Greyhound ticket to Evanston so the the home boys don't key his Boxster)

(it accidentally got caught6 up in tatha's quote)

Thanks for the mention Liar (babe);)

And Tathagata, you were really close, the place is on Prince Edward Island.

*Catbabe* said:
Thanks for the mention Liar (babe);)

And Tathagata, you were really close, the place is on Prince Edward Island.

Ahhhhhhhhh
see I've never been there.............
but growing up in Mass....I know where you can eye sea gulls
and once you've done it...............
well ya can't describe it
lol
:)

Hi

I watch awhile
I hope it ok I say
I like wicked eve poem

I thank her
tathgata
tristesse
and others
and E? tail
for your kind words
thank you very much:rose:

Re: Re: Re: FRIDAY

Liar said:

Only that you write beautiful words and share with the rest of us, hang out on the threads and make us laugh, and review poems at 2 AM.

Too much? ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: FRIDAY

minsue said:
Only that you write beautiful words and share with the rest of us, hang out on the threads and make us laugh, and review poems at 2 AM.

Too much? ;)

Hello G.

Re: FRIDAY

Liar said:
Hot Blood by tarablackwood22
The day starts off with a totally unashamedly raunchy poem full of intense eroticism about the predators of the night. But who's the predator and who's the prey?
[color=33AA55]they know
by my shadow,
my cold eyes,
nefarious,
by my mouth
dripping scarlet.[/color]

:rose: Liar -- sweet of you to mention this when it is surrounded with so many wonderful poems. Thank you. :heart:

The Importance of Water
his Rain
Whirling Boys

Liar said:
----

Kitchen Muse by Angeline
A flashback to a little piece of childhood magic memory. It seems Angeline have had muses whispering in her hear for quite some time. I'm jealous.

----

#L

Thank you Mr. Liar for your kinds words, and thank you those who commented/fedback. I've had a few muses in my day, but that one was extra-special. :)

:rose:
Ange

Re: Re: Re: Re: FRIDAY

minsue said:

Too much? ;)
Well, I fell asleep. So there. :D

I'll just say this: There were more good poems om Friday. Unless you are lazy punks, go read them all.

cheerio!
#L

more from friday's list

two not to miss:

Apparent Confusion
by JCSTREET ©

excerpt:
Where?
never-moan moon
bells

Not sly this
damnable
light;

----------

Heresy of the Rain
by jthserra ©

excerpt:
Of promised cool, soft droplets on a breeze
The summer shaded heat was damped below
A fleece of cloud in lightly spun chemise
Air washed in fallen wet, a cleansing flow

Also

familiar leather
by WriterDom ©

excerpt:
familiar leather
she loves the wrapping
buckling taut

memories merge with new desire
always a new twist

-----

Alphabet Suess
by champagne1982 ©

excerpt:
Thus, did this battle of wits rage for days.
The poets were trapped in an incestuous haze.
And the bowl of alphabet soup, you inquire?
Well, the letters were all trampled, into the mire.

Thank you...

Liar for your kind words and mention of "Some Crushing Ecstasy" in your new poems review. And thank you JCSTREET for your kind words. The poem was a kind of breakfast with Anne Sexton that kind of rolled out after reading a poem of hers.

thanks again.

jim : )

Thank you...

Eve for you kind words on my "Heresy of the Rain", this sonnet was inspired by James Hurst's short story.

jim : )

K, I don't see any new poems posted for today, yet. So maybe you're all off the hook. I'll have to check back later, and if they're posted you're gonna be in BIG BIG trouble. I'm feelin' feisty. :D

I can't find it!

Hi pretty Lady. I got the erotica notice that you'd commented on one of my poems, but I can't find where it's at, woe is me! Alas! I want to thank you anyways lovely lady no matter what you had to say, grin. I sincerely appreciate anyone's comments and only wish they'd just send them directly to my regular email address! By being blind as I am, this website's not as user friendly as it could be, grin! Take care, and have a really wonderful day!
Uncle Pervey.

Friday's Chowdah!

LOL! Eve, thanks for noticing my saga of the bowl of alphabet soup.

When Tristesse called for a visit from the good doctor on that sister thread, I had to ressurrect the mouldering ghosts of lessons past, as taught by the man who touched, at least, three generations of children. Oh man, I just reread that and it sounds like Doctor Suess was a grandbaby fucker!! :eek:

Anyway...

What with all the slamming going on about certain commentary on certain poetry on certain message boards and the degeneration of intelligent replies to hurtful insult in those same posts, I recalled the moral instructions found in some seussian poetry.

Then, there was a level of snobbery and some snide whispering on that very same sister thread. Who are we to judge the literacy and education of others? If you do not teach it, do not denigrate those who have not learned the lesson.

another excerpt:
It's not your ideals and dogma we battle
Not even trite comment and idle prattle.
Our enemy has always been right over here
Our enemy is ignorance and yes, we should fear
The grip that it holds tight 'round our throats
Squishing our voice, turning men into goats.
Anyhow... ;) Thankyou again for mentioning my little morality rant and thanks to any who vote and comment.

Last edited:

Liar said:
Holy Hippos.

----

The Colour Green by RazzRajen
Razz contemplates colors of an early spring, in his own almost annoyingly eloquent way. It's a delight to read.

----
#L

Thanks for the mention Liar and for reviewing so late at night :D

Think I may run through the remaining vibgyor colors now tho I did do a poem earlier with that.

Razz :p :p

alrighty, who told them to skip my day and go right to Sunday?

perks said:
alrighty, who told them to skip my day and go right to Sunday?
Happened to me three saturdays in a row and then there came some 70 poems all at once... Don't worry, you'll get your chance to lash out on everyone ;) :D

ACK!!

okay...

I agreed to do Sunday's review as a favor. There are 54 poems today! Here I go to do some reading. Back later...

Cordelia

perks? wanna lend a hand?

Back