new poems

Thank you for the mention
as poet's, frequently, our only pension.

I'm new to literotica and still trying to get a handle on how things work. I'm currently mired in a story that I hope to post by the end of this week.

The efforts in here are truly a cut above most writers sites! Guess I'll just have to try harder!! :cathappy:

new poems on 5/11/03

Today brings us 17 new poems and one “spinner”. Here is the "spinner pick" that caught my eye for today. I can't call it "old" because I just recently mentioned it under "new", but I like it now as well as then, and besides, it took me eight spins to land on it. :) Brannon`s Lodge by T.M.D.
Brannon`s Lodge
by T.M.D. ©

Brannon’s Lodge lies deep in the glen
beyond McFadden’s Ridge
across the lakes of Nelda
aside the seventh bridge

Now tis the morn of April Fool
and goblins come to play
faeries gather up ye skirts
`neath sky turned slated grey

Sark evil elves see here abound
pour out their withered scorn
beware the wrath of Mordred
upon this mournful dawn

Avast ye faeries, hide away
for comes the tiresome troll
he’ll eat you up for breakfast
to swallow you as whole

Hobgoblin come to ravish now
while elven hold ye down
ripping out virginity
to wear as golden crown

yea tis the morn of April Fool
and Brannon’s Lodge the place
begone ye gentle faerie
fly fast, on wings of lace
Of the new poems, nine are by 03sp. So you might as well go read them yourself at
New Poetry , and while you're there read the other eight, most of them deserve it. :)
The only one I will point out is SELF-centered. Talk about minimalism! This work pushes my " . " back to the ulti-penultimate! :) Think about it awhile before you judge it. :rose:

Regards,                                 Rybka

Lauren......

Many thanks for the mention....Lets Me know people are still reading what I post.....

Razz :)

Thanks to: Cordelia, Lauren.Hynde for the recent recognition.
To: WickedEve, OT, and Angeline for the correspondence, old and new---nice, thank you. Appreciate it.

May 13th, 2003

There aren't that many new poems today, so you can read them all (just skip the "Diary"- it's a repost and I'm sure it will have the same treatment as its predecessor). I don't have as much time as I would like to comment on them, but I'd like to post my personal choices for this Tuesday:

-------------------------------------------------
At the Feet of Mother Theresa
by DarlingNikki ©

Click Here to listen to the poem.

contemplating the garish gleam and glitter
of grand buildings, plans, and gestures,
I felt the deep beat of disbelief
when common beauty struck my soul
and found it hollow
I fled to a simpler place and there
sheltered by the arms of the giant banyan tree
in calm repose
splashed in the dirty, sacred river
with ragged clothes
in small tasks done with love
complex beauty found me and fulfilled me

Transitions
by Rybka ©

Click Here to see the poem.

Breezes
by RazzRajen ©

Soft scents ,
pale blooms
those wings of butterflies
listening to the songs
trailing on
the breeze
Come hither , beckons the leaf
and all is calm

momentarily.

;)

Thank you for doing the poems for Tues. It just dawned on me that I forgot. I seems I got so busy yesterday that I even forgot to take my medicine. lol

May 13 or 14th ?? What's old is new again.

I don't know what's going on, but Lauren's and my poem Transitions is listed as new again today! :) - Since I had to submit it thrice, maybe it will be new again tomorrow. :D

Also note that At the Feet of Mother Theresa by DarlingNikki has also been listed as new for today. So if you missed it yesterday you can listen to it today. I only wish the audio was of a little higher quality. :rose:

Regards,                                 Rybka

05/15/03 new poems

Only six new poems today.

Here are the ones I found worth a read:

~~~~~~~
Conversation With a Sage adapted by 03sp.

A poem with underlying sweetness. I smiled...

~~~~~~~
Cursed by Chicklet.

An interesting look at agoraphobia. Good poem, but a bit wordy. It seemed to repeat a lot. Perhaps intentionally?

~~~~~~~
on hair by 03sp.

Does this poem make me look hirsute?

~~~~~~~

Go read and give feedback. And please go and write! (okay, okay...I will, too.)

Cordelia

Thank you, Cordelia.
”hirsute?” I needed to look that up.
No, it’s probably not you.

hair is in the gentle fist
intent
tiny tugging
reaps massive
hugging

fingers getting green stained
weeding food

May 16, 2003

Participation in submissions, as in bulletin board entries, has been low of late. Anyone remember when the poetry board was a good place to be? Here are my recommendations for today. Please recall that, by agreement, this thread is for recommendations only: if you wish to comment on why you do not like a particular poem, do so in a separate thread.

walking in and out again by 03sp

her children always light their faces
for him
he likes them
he sees them through bars of crib
and slightly incomplete
TV reception reflection.

A sweet image in an equally sweet poem from one of my favorite Lit poets. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drunk, bored and stupid by pointless

Could you please stop talking?
Your voice just hurts my head,
Too high pitched, too whiny.
Too much like my mother.

This poem has a prosy quality that normally doesn’t appeal to me, but I think pointless makes it work here. I’d recommend it just for the above lines, which made me laugh with the ring of their truth.

Bookworm Lust by sojournerwolf

Beloved bookworm, where shall we
meet? Between the pages of the
outre or the sweet? Roam tomes
of poetry, steal kisses between
the stacks, find a cozy place to
peruse our chosen prosey, and
when in private, close one set
of covers in favor of flinging
back another to compose our own
volume of passion and affection,
a never ending story...

This is one of three posted today by sojournerwolf, a glib writer whose poems I always enjoy reading.

Burns by RazzRajen

Touch heals
touch cures
touch is love incarnate
and,
touch chills.

The more I read of RazzRajen, the more I like his poetry--this is another good one from him with some way cool twists and turns.

And here are two golden oldies I retrieved from the crypt with the poetry spinner thingy.

First, an erotic poem:

Sexual Opera by nakedangelina

I love the way…
Your deep baritone voice
creeps higher and higher,
your thrusts become wild
thrashing out of control,
your grip on me tightens
and your body shutters.
A soprano voice screams
“Ohhhh, I’m cumming,
baby, I’m cumming now!”
Just thinking about your
sexual opera makes me wet.

Got the naked one’s poem on the first spin out. I’ve always enjoyed her poems, and it’s good to reread them and remember why. :)
Then, a non-erotic one:

The First to Go by Mike46

He lost the last of his hearing
the year his wife had to go,
although he says he can hear her
better now than he ever could.
He can still smell her warm flannel
and taste the sweetness of summer
in the last unopened jar of jelly.

I never saw this poet’s few submissions before, but I really liked reading this poem, which I think could be used to explain the term “bittersweet.”

Last edited:
I like the prosy, kind of casual rambling quality of pointless' piece. Good poem. I look forward to watching your work progress.

Angeline

Thank you yet again.....Its always nice to know that someone somewhere reads and likes the words flowing from One's mind.

Much appreciated.

Razz :)

Re: May 16, 2003

Angeline said:
Participation in submissions, as in bulletin board entries, has been low of late. Anyone remember when the poetry board was a good place to be? Here are my recommendations for today. Please recall that, by agreement, this thread is for recommendations only: if you wish to comment on why you do not like a particular poem, do so in a separate thread.

Isn't it a little sad that Angeline had to say this?

I just want to comment that the reason I haven't been here much of late is because I dislike the atmosphere. Opinions are opnions. If we can't take them as such, why are we putting our writing out for all to see?

Anyhow, I have had a lot more time to actually write, so you may see some of my poems here soon.

Creeping back into the boards,

Cordelia

WickedEve said:
I like the prosy, kind of casual rambling quality of pointless' piece. Good poem. I look forward to watching your work progress.

thanks.

Re: May 16, 2003

Angeline said:
There was no such agreement. Remember that the goal of this forum is the advancement of poetry. Poets should introduce no ad hoc, artificial, bureaucratic rule which would stifle a free exchange of opinions. The intention of this thread was that its participants would alert other participants to the new Literotica poems which they like. That should not stop anybody from stating an opposite opinion in THIS thread. Breaking a discussion into pieces, taking away the spontaneity of the expression has been never, until now, proposed. And the same goes for other "praising" threads. Angeline, stop making false claims. Stifling a discussion by any means should be beneath poets, it is against the free, artistic spirit.

On the other hand calling junk by its proper name is very much so, in the spirit, and serves the advancement of poetry on this forum. If you think that a piece is not junk then just say so. That's all. Say: This piece is in my opinion a jewel of the world literature! -- see how easy?! And then justify your opinion. Well, now it's harder

Last edited:
May 17th, 2003

Today's new poems' review will be a little bit later than usual as I'm a bit pressed for time, but when it does appear, it will be here.

On the other hand calling junk by its proper name is very much so, in the spirit, and serves the advancement of poetry on this forum. If you think that a piece is not junk then just say so. That's all. Say: This piece is in my opinion a jewel of the world literature! -- see how easy?! And then justify your opinion. Well, now it's harder

Dear Senna,

I have you on ignore, so feel free to rant at will--I won't see it. I'll just have to live with the incredible drop in quality my poetry will no doubt suffer now that I won't benefit from your genius-like critiques.

Your comments do not advance poetry because your attitude is terrible. You don't like to help people; you like them to agree with you and, when they don't, no blow is too cheap or ugly for your tantrum. Too bad because although you have excellent ideas, the way you browbeat people makes it difficult for them to see value in what you have to say.

So choke on your rancor, tell everyone I'm awful--no doubt you can think of shocking and sickening things to say. Tell everyone the many ways in which my poetry stinks. As I said, I won't see it.

Joining the ranks of the snotty,
Angeline

Last edited:
5-17

Since Lauren was sweet enough to cover Tuesday for me, I'll take today for her.

There are only 8 new poems today -- 2 by Senna Jawa.

spring in california
by Senna Jawa ©

false february spring
fools trees into blooming
early spring's irish creaks
sneak into my blood streams

One question about this stanza, SJ. Is it suppose to be creaks or creeks?

welcome (!) the early spring in my late autumn
i bath in champagne bubbles
on my way to the bottom

It should be bathe. I do like this last stanza -- good ending.

my oh my
her name was computer science
she was a calculating type
but we formed a heavenly alliance
now I miss her bits and bytes

This stanza of computer science and bytes protrudes oddly, in my opinion only, in the middle of a poem with spring and champagne.

Overall, good poem that's worth a read. Also [i watch...]

----------

eclipse diary
by 03sp ©

it has begun,
silent and slight green with clouds
part blind now
not knowing who its kidnappers or singular
scoundrel is,
there is more hush than usual

sp, I especially like this first stanza -- rather haunting. And "it has begun" is an excellent attention grabber.

----------

Drifting
by RazzRajen ©

who would know that
the future unfolds
as a mere grain of sand:
caught in a show,
a sandal
slowed the walk,
and in the reckless dash of life
did I move to the vortex.

I enjoy R.R.'s poetry. He usually offers something unique in the sea of mundane poetry.

Back