new poems

There have been other multiple page poetry submissions recently, but nothing you'd want to know about. :D

I suspect your poem crossed over to page 2 not so much for its pure extent but also because of the amount of invisible code involved.

Thanks for the Info.

Lauren.Hynde said:
There have been other multiple page poetry submissions recently, but nothing you'd want to know about. :D
I suspect your poem crossed over to page 2 not so much for its pure extent but also because of the amount of invisible code involved.
Whatever Laurel did, it was almost as written. :)

Something has gone wrong with my computer. Now when I convert to HTML it removes all spacing, and S.J.'s display trick doesn't seem to work anymore either. :(
Lit. however, has improved in its display ability. (If Laurel decides to make a strong effort.)

I really liked doing that poem. It was essentially a conversion of a poignant prose piece to poetry. I have a friend who sends touching e-mails of her memories, but who thinks she has trouble with verse (don't we all!). TheThe Empty Sea , Homemade Memory Soup, and Of Words and Bones are some examples of her thoughts that I have merely rearranged. Mermaid is a fine woman, a great teacher, and a very sensitive soul. May God continue to bless her, and may she gain confidence in her own ability.

Regards,                                 Rybka

If you ever want to see the HTML that Laurel puts into your poem, just click view in the browser menu and click source.

Here's what your HTML looks like:

BUTTERFLY BOOTS
<br />

<br />

<br />
She sat on the curb
<br />
                                at years of six
<br />
in front of her house
<br />
                              waiting for daddy
<br />
                                to come home
<br />
                                   from work
<br />
                                                       in the oilfields
<br />

You'll have to click "quote" in my post to see it because the forum reads the no backspace tag and converts it into a space. The scripts put the br tags in, so you don't have to. If you want to work your own HTML, you use the no backspace tag. Take a look at the source on any formatted poem. Including S.J.'s. If you put in any HTML except for <CENTER></CENTER>, <I></I>, <B></B> or the no back space tag, Laurel removes it. A lot of the HTML tags mess with the page formatting.

It's not the browser. It displayed perfectly. I just find it impossible to keep my eyes concentrated when the background is glowing and the text is broken up.

KillerMuffin said:
If you ever want to see the HTML that Laurel puts into your poem, just click view in the browser menu and click source.

Here's what your HTML looks like:
You'll have to click "quote" in my post to see it because the forum reads the no backspace tag and converts it into a space. The scripts put the br tags in, so you don't have to. If you want to work your own HTML, you use the no backspace tag. Take a look at the source on any formatted poem. Including S.J.'s. If you put in any HTML except for <CENTER></CENTER>, <I></I>, <B></B> or the no back space tag, Laurel removes it. A lot of the HTML tags mess with the page formatting.

I know that, but suddenly my computer no longer loads the "no backspace tag" when I convert to Html. :(

It's not the browser. It displayed perfectly. I just find it impossible to keep my eyes concentrated when the background is glowing and the text is broken up.
I don't understand the "glowing background"??

Regards, Rybka

The monitor glows. It's an LCD monitor, so there's no flash to it, but still, my eyes don't especially like glowing white backgrounds.

That's odd. I'm not a computer whiz, so I have no idea why the nbsp tag wouldn't show for you like it's supposed to. That's sounds like a job for Weird Harold.

I will return soon with today's new poems. But while you wait, check out today's E poem.

Legend In My Own Mind
by neonurotic ©

I'm not giving you people even a taste of this. I've read poems with this same theme but this one is handled quite well and even the ending has some good humor. So read every word from succubus brazenly-naked to Mr. Sunshine!

5-20 Excerpts of recommended new poems

Snowmen
by Rybka ©

Forgive me Rybka but I'm going to call this poem darn cute. It's extremely short, so go read it!

-----

Here's a nice poem by RazzRajen©:
Fair Winds

When the air is heavy
with portents of fair winds
does the eagle fly
ever so high
Shall the Cloud lower itself to the waves,
kiss the tops
and return.

-----

I was torn between recommending this poem and simply keeping my mouth shut.

A Split Second With Mom
by oediplex ©

and take cover under a cushion
camouflage, cover-up, concealed weapon
and though the room was dark oft than not
occasional bright displays illuminates all,
when the TV screen would go nova
illuminated under the red shade of her skirt

I do not enjoy incest poems or stories. And the use of the word pecker in most poetry is a tragedy. But for the most part, I like the way this is written.

Re: 5-20 Excerpts of recommended new poems

WickedEve said:
Snowmen
by Rybka ©

Forgive me Rybka but I'm going to call this poem darn cute. It's extremely short, so go read it!

Rybka's shorts are always worth the read, and reread... and yeah, it's cute.

That and "nice" are the two words my last poetry teacher warned never use to describe poetry. But he was a stick in the mud, so skip that in this case.

HomerPindar

Thanks, WickedEve

WickedEve said:
I will return soon with today's new poems. But while you wait, check out today's E poem.

Legend In My Own Mind
by neonurotic ©

I'm not giving you people even a taste of this. I've read poems with this same theme but this one is handled quite well and even the ending has some good humor. So read every word from succubus brazenly-naked to Mr. Sunshine!
I had fun writing this piece, it made me laugh as I wrote it. ;) Your poetry should make you smile once in while.

I Thank you for the mention WickedEve, I appreciate it.

|neonurotic|

Okay, Rybka's poem is Not cute. It's twisted, sick filth. It's demented and delightful. It holds the secrets to a long life and great sex and how to make good meatloaf that isn't dry.

WickedEve said:
Okay, Rybka's poem is Not cute. It's twisted, sick filth. It's demented and delightful. It holds the secrets to a long life and great sex and how to make good meatloaf that isn't dry.
Dang, W.E.! you saw right past the surface meaning and into the depth of my twisted, sick, fishy soul! :) :p :)
I'm happy you all seemed to enjoy my little piece.
In actuality, of all of my turn of phrase Ha!-ku. I like "Lawyer in the Morning" the best, but I don't think everybody understands it. :(

"Nice"

WickedEve said:

Eve

hmmmm so what does "nice" do....

Oh there's that nice old man down the road puttering in his flowers.......

Should I shrivel up and die.......hehehe......

< Pokes W.E. somewhere........Chuckling.....>

:p :cool: :D

Razz

Re: Re: 5-20 Excerpts of recommended new poems

HomerPindar said:
Rybka's shorts are always worth the read, and reread...

HomerPindar
GEEZE! Maybe I should wash them more often? :D :p :D

A limerick. Someone posted a limerick. Woo-hoo.
As limericks go, it's just OK, but I've a weak spot for the little things.
Shocked by Priapus II

--------------------

For one stop shopping for male/female stereotypes, try Lost In a Funhouse: Part 4 by jazm49
I started out not liking it, then it started to grow on me. It's different. Sometimes different is enough.

--------------------

And one's I thought needed mention...

Even though he ignores my serious questions, I feel I must mention eternal Italy by Senna Jawa. He posted it on Lauren's challenge thread, and I liked it then. It still reads well. I would say exactly why I like it, but since he ignored me before, I will assume he's ignoring this, too.

Anyhow, it's a good poem. No matter who wrote it.

~~~~~~~

And there are two illustrated poems posted with tomorrow's date. But since I am doing tomorrow's review, I will mention them now.

The Batchelor's Hand Revisited by Durtgurl. (Isn't it spelled "Bachelor"?)

I thought it was a cute poem (though long and overly clever) about masturbation. The illustration, however, gave me a grin.

~~~~~~~

On the other hand (no pun intended), there is Neverending Signs by Lauren.Hynde.

I won't quote it, as it wouldn't do it justice as a total package. Go read it. You won't be disappointed. A fine graphic/word combination.

~~~~~~~

Putting in my humble opinion,

Cordelia

Lauren.Hynde said:
I was gonna say it was the loveliest little poem. Would that be safe with your teacher, Homer? :D

Personally, i'd hold out on the arguement that cute surfices...someone's gotta stand up for the word.

HomerPindar said:
Personally, i'd hold out on the arguement that cute surfices...someone's gotta stand up for the word.
"surfices"? Is that homage to my fishdom? :D

Re: And one's I thought needed mention...

Cordelia said:
~~~~~~~

On the other hand (no pun intended), there is Neverending Signs by Lauren.Hynde.

I won't quote it, as it wouldn't do it justice as a total package. Go read it. You won't be disappointed. A fine graphic/word combination.

~~~~~~~
Thank you for the mention of my poem Cordie. It's my first graphic poem, written/designed for Angeline's challenge, and let me tell you, these poems are fun! :)

Cordelia said:
Even though he ignores my serious questions, I feel I must mention eternal Italy by Senna Jawa. He posted it on Lauren's challenge thread, and I liked it then. It still reads well. I would say exactly why I like it, but since he ignored me before, I will assume he's ignoring this, too.
Cordelia, I think highly about your poetry and about your potential. I never meant to "ignore" you. I am much less active on the forum than one would infere from the flames. Please ask your questions now and I'll do my best to answer them.

Talking of "ignoring", let me mention that I am impressed with prose by DarlingNikki. I've read her 4 stories, all four were very well written and three of them were very good, very interesting (the fourth one was too monothematic).
Anyhow, it's a good poem. No matter who wrote it.

Cordelia
That's a nice attitude toward poetry, objective, even if I hear a serious doubt about the author as a person. Not all of the rest of this forum is in your league, Cordelia. Whenever I am in a conflict on this forum my ratings go South, which is fun for me to watch, I like trivia, and forum provides them for me. For instance, for months my poems collect from zero to two votes. When they do, then 5. is the most common average. But after the last conflict the number of my 5-rated poems went down from its customary 60 to 38. Furthermore, "eternal Italy" has collected unheard of for my poems 6 votes in one day. Only one of my well over 200 poems has more votes, and only two other of my poems have 6 votes (but it took the three of them a total of 9417 reads and a year time to get them). Of course, despite your nice enthusiasm for my poem the average vote for "eternal Italy" (rating) is 2.83, below 3 :) Just 15 reads and 6 votes! (now it has 32 reads), while poems with over 300 reads may have zero votes. I love trivia, they tell me a lot about the human nature. BTW, I have for about the whole year that I am on Literotica a lazy fan on this forum who votes 1 to 3 on my poems but only on those for which there is link provided on this forum :) Thus I hardly ever have average 5. on a poem with a link to it here, on our forum, unless Literotica removes her/his vote as "fraud". All together, there is too much manipulation around votes to consider them to be interesting statistically. They still make for good trivia and I am all for any kind of numbers (they are the second best, while geometry is still better).

Last edited:

Cordelia said:
Even though he ignores my serious questions, [...]

Cordelia
One more thing. About twice a week I search for "Senna" so that I can react to poetic issues, when I am mentioned (but I don't search for "SJ; the search engine doesn't accept short, 2-letter search strings). Thus when "Senna" is mentioned I try to overcome my inertia and to respond.

Thank you, Cordelia, for mentioning "eternal Italy", and best regards,

Re: Re: And one's I thought needed mention...

Senna Jawa said:

Talking of "ignoring", let me mention that I am impressed with prose by DarlingVicki. I've read her 4 stories, all four were very well written and three of them were very good, very interesting (the fourth one was too monothematic).

At risk of sounding incredibly self-involved... do you mean me? If so, thank you, but what did you mean "talking of 'ignoring?'" If not... uh... never mind then.

Premature responsiation

First off to Chicklet - and I'm way behind:

You said: What's more important? The enjoyment you get out of your writing, or the enjoyment the readers get?

Answer: depend if the audience is you or, an audience!

Me? h my god! Bad day, bad week, bad two weeks - keeping in thought that I signed for a premenstral thread: This is me today:

The 13 Apostles

There are 12 days in the year I hate
Twelve I detest, sometimes thirteen
The twelve apostles of my life
are bad enough
But the thirteenth is solemn and painful
Full of nails, bleeding and driving
Inward, not out
God! I am forsaken
Forced to bear this pain alone
Forced to bear the undeniable fact
That I am
A woman
I am confronted twelve, sometimes thirteen times a year
By my womanhood,
And I wonder
Why? Everyone else does! Why no fucking a holiday?

typo fixed

DarlingNikki said:
At risk of sounding incredibly self-involved... do you mean me? If so, thank you, but what did you mean "talking of 'ignoring?'" If not... uh... never mind then.
I am terribly sorry for not typing correctly your username. I have fixed it in my original post already.

I meant only that until now I never mentioned your work. No, there was no real "ignoring". Just a small fraction of my reactions finds its way to the forum, that's all. I also like your comments about poems. (But so far I have read only one of your poems--your critique is better than that poem :). I think that I glanced at some of your poems and each of them was uneven, while your prose is artistically mature. I should really have another look at your poems before stating such opinions).

(BTW, I like Prince's "Nikki" a lot. It makes my typo so much worse :)).

Best regards,

Last edited:
Ah, that clears it up. Thank you for your comments on my stories! And yes, I am pretty new at the poetry thing. :)

Back