Oh yes, this is DIVINE!

Vin extraordinaire

Originally posted by perdita Yes, I am certain I have not had a truly fine* white wine but know it is only because I have not had the time to try all the reds

I hate it when I go to a restaurant that doesn't have Thunderbird or Night Train.
MG

Ps. I can usually smuggle in a pint of Mad Dog 20-20 in my purse.

Re: Vin extraordinaire

MathGirl said:
I hate it when I go to a restaurant that doesn't have Thunderbird or Night Train. MG
Ps. I can usually smuggle in a pint of Mad Dog 20-20 in my purse.
Really, M, haven't you been to the Tenderloin? What, are you a Nob Hill date? I'm jes sayin'. P

(edited for any tourists)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Perdita,
Not really. My idea of fine dining is Schroders on Front St.
MG

So near and yet so far...

I'm a backstreet girl myself. Guess we'll never sit together. P.

There's always Ernie's.
Are you sure? I thought it closed a few or more years ago. Have you seen Vertigo?

Gee, were you asking me out on a date. :)

okay I've read a number of stories where people have sex in a public bathroom and even if the author manages to set a wonderful scene I'm always like ewwwww a public batroom gross. Also The bath tub thing is only good if have an amazing bath tub I am 6"1 so jamming myself and someone else in a standard tub surrounded by fire spells D-A-N-G-E-R:kiss:

pS : I actually like to wear thongs although bras are another story. I wish I vould do without but unfortunatly that would also spell danger.

Last edited:
Svenskaflicka said:
MG, Perdy - I have no idea what you gals are talking about. Must be a Yankee thing.:p
I'm not a Yankee! :mad:

Don't know about MG. We're talking about places in San Francisco. You must come visit sometime. P.

p.s. to Flicka

Ernie's was or is a venerable and posh SF restaurant. It was featured in Hitchcock's film 'Vertigo' (though there are more reasons than that to see this great film).

And there are more reasons than that to visit SF. Bring Hubby of course. Perdy

perdita said:
Are you sure? I thought it closed a few or more years ago.

Dear Perdita,
Dunno. My Dad always used to say that Ernie's was the best restaurant in San Francisco.
MG

destinie21 said:
okay I've read a number of stories where people have sex in a public bathroom and even if the author manages to set a wonderful scene I'm always like ewwwww a public batroom gross. Also The bath tub thing is only good if have an amazing bath tub I am 6"1 so jamming myself and someone else in a standard tub surrounded by fire spells D-A-N-G-E-R:kiss:

pS : I actually like to wear thongs although bras are another story. I wish I vould do without but unfortunatly that would also spell danger.

Destinie-

Boy, do you have that one right! I don't touch anything in a public restroom (hush Quasi), I can't imagine having sex in one as being anything but non-consent!

:rose: b

Dad had good taste

MathGirl said:
Dunno. My Dad always used to say that Ernie's was the best restaurant in San Francisco.
Yep, he was right as far as I've heard; never made it there myself; only the business men I worked for (before getting into higher ed), they always took important clients to Ernie's. My dates took me places I've erased from memory.

Ernie's was supposed to be "the" SF restaurant for years.

P.

bridgetkeeney said:
Boy, do you have that one right! I don't touch anything in a public restroom (hush Quasi), I can't imagine having sex in one as being anything but non-consent!

The mile-high club thing is probably out too then. -- In addition to being cramped in the "occupied" closet -- it's usually not a pleasant place to hang out.

cramped quarters

OT said:
The mile-high club thing is probably out too then. -- In addition to being cramped in the "occupied" closet -- it's usually not a pleasant place to hang out.

Sheesh- I try to avoid those places solo, can't imagine stuffing two people in there ;).

Something of which I don't have any understanding: ice cubes used in foreplay.

Re: cramped quarters

bridgetkeeney said:
Sheesh- I try to avoid those places solo, can't imagine stuffing two people in there ;).

Something of which I don't have any understanding: ice cubes used in foreplay.

re ice cubes: they make nipples really perky :D

Re: Re: cramped quarters

sirhugs said:
re ice cubes: they make nipples really perky :D

There are plenty of non-freezer burn ways to make mine stand to attention (I hate perky). ;)

Jiffy Pop Popcorn

The slogan used to be "More fun to make than it is to eat"

I think what we've mostly reconfirmed here is that the brain is indeed the most erogenous zone we have. Most of the mentioned "divine" activities make delightful fantasies, may be fun to plan, absolutely make for some good stories to look back on (with the good parts properly embellished, of course). The actual act, if done at all, is a small part of the pleasure equation.

To relate all of this to good erotic story telling ... the trick is to add enough realism to make it, um, real, but not so much that the reader recalls the smell of the public rest room instead of imagining the perfume worn by your heroes in their daring and spontaneous bout of passion.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: cramped quarters

perdita said:
There are plenty of non-freezer burn ways to make mine stand to attention (I hate perky). ;)

Got that right, Perdita!

Besides, since nursing mine are always at attention.

Re: Re: Re: Whee: cramped quarters

bridgetkeeney said:
. . . . since nursing mine are always at attention.

Since they put me in a Nursing Home, mine have started to droop :(

Re: Re: Re: Re: Whee: cramped quarters

Quasimodem said:
Since they put me in a Nursing Home, mine have started to droop :(
Yep, in the words of Patsy Stone, "Mr. Gravity hasn't been very kind to her."

The laws of nature are ruthless.

Perdita

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whee: cramped quarters

perdita said:
Yep, in the words of Patsy Stone, "Mr. Gravity hasn't been very kind to her."

The laws of nature are ruthless.

Perdita

but money can buy The Law

Science, Law and Filthy Lucre

sirhugs said:
but money can buy The Law
Hugs: not nature's.

When I worked for the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, a rocket scientist (yes, a real one) told me that the two most expense things about space travel were 1) defying gravity, and 2) supporting life.

Of course 'the law' (as in justice, etc.) has always been cheap.

regards, Perdita

Re: Science, Law and Filthy Lucre

perdita said:
Hugs: not nature's.

I think he was referring to the ability to buy an upturned profile.

Yet another thing that I don't understand as erotic... big, silicone boobs.

originally posted by OT
the trick is to add enough realism to make it, um, real, but not so much that the reader recalls the smell of the public rest room instead of imagining the perfume worn by your heroes in their daring and spontaneous bout of passion.

Trust an engineer to sum up the whole issue.

Re: Re: Science, Law and Filthy Lucre

bridgetkeeney said:
Yet another thing that I don't understand as erotic... big, silicone boobs.

Or half cut minges. What's that about?

Gauche

Back