"On the Job" Story Event 2024

I have been dutifully waiting for the 16th* as that seems to be the required date. Have I been dawdelling for no purpose, except that it got another two improvement sweeps and edits?

* "The posting period is between April 16 - April 23"

I have been dutifully waiting for the 16th*

As have I, but for specific events like this, if you properly tag it in the "Notes to Admin" field at the bottom of the submission page, it will be held to appear on the start date of the event. You might look at the first post of this thread for guidance, the OnTheJob text goes first in the Admin field.

Don't forget the "on the job" and "on the job 2024" story tags. I seem to overlook doing that for events.

Anyway, I just uploaded mine minutes ago. And I remembered the story tags this time. :rolleyes:

No quotes, but I suspect the theoretical scanner searches for key words in that field.

Just uploaded mine: corrected a last-second formatting mistake, too.

Looking forward to reading some of the other submissions when they go up, too.

No quotes, but I suspect the theoretical scanner searches for key words in that field.
"The Theoretical Scanner" would an excellent title for a poem.

(I originally read your post as "the rhetorical scanner", which sounds even better.)

OK... I have submitted my attempt.
My last minute quandry was the category. Group Sex or Exhibitionist and Voyer (E&V)? The story has two stewardessess showing off the new uniform, then demonstrating the 'In case of an erection emergency the entrances are here, here and here' and then going on to demonstrate them via 'one-on-one' sex with the male members of the crew (except the finale, a spit roast). I was going to list as 'Group Sex' with 'E&V' as a tag, but you can't have a "&" in a tag so I have gone for E&V, but with an Admin note that I don't mind change. I could have tagged 'Gay Male' except there isn't any - directly - that may get me 1 bombed!

I was going to list as 'Group Sex' with 'E&V' as a tag, but you can't have a "&" in a tag
How about ‘exhibitionism’ as your tag? Voyeurism, to me at least, suggests someone seeking out opportunities to see nude and/or sexually involved individuals and not someone who has nudity thrust upon them.

How about ‘exhibitionism’ as your tag? Voyeurism, to me at least, suggests someone seeking out opportunities to see nude and/or sexually involved individuals and not someone who has nudity thrust upon them.
Good point, but I'll stick with what I have and leave it to Laurel to out think me if needed.
As I said, most of the sex is just a couple, the difference being that they are doing it with an audience. Maybe it will attract a different readership, though not my highest one. I could have (on the basis of two acts out of ten total) of gone with Anal as that seems to be a crowd caller, but there again could get people upset on the basis of false advertising.

I've started a bit late. I wasn't planning to write anything for this challenge until I read this post. The rule that ALL scenes had to be at the workplace intrigued me. I began trying to figure out how that would work (pun not intended).
It didn't take to long before I had the baseline for a simple story. It would also give me an opportunity to post in a new category, Erotic Couplings. It's the most basic category, but so far my other drafts would fit better elsewhere.

So here I am, trying to write a short story again, and for the first time it looks like it will actually stay kind of short.

Alright, I finally edited mine into shape and submitted!

A Well-Defined Interface -- Software engineer and a young intern establish a connection.

Not quite Initech like @desecration suggested, but perhaps close enough ;)

Mines been pending for an unusual amount of time. Maybe because of the hold for the event starting tmw 🤷‍♀️
Mine lingered, and I had ON THE JOB 2024 in the Admin Notes. Then the last bunch of posts mentioned using OnTheJob, debated quotes or no quotes, and then suggested putting it as the first thing in Admin Notes. So I re-submitted about 4 times! Most challenges use all caps, so this needs to be standardized. Meanwhile, as I keep dropping in the queue by re-submitting, I hope I can still get published in the narrow window.

But let's be optimistic. Laurel simply held all these until tomorrow's shot-gun start?

So, my story got accepted (it is in Pending but with status New) but the scheduled publication date is 4/16...? I thought all works will be published at 4/25, or maybe I misunderstood what "final list" means?

So, my story got accepted (it is in Pending but with status New) but the scheduled publication date is 4/16...? I thought all works will be published at 4/25, or maybe I misunderstood what "final list" means?
Stories can show up between 4/16 and 4/24. On 4/25, there will be a complete list posted.

Mine is still in pending and not showing as new which is how I thought it would be? Thought 4/25 was launch date?

Back