"On the Job" Story Event 2024

She did the same thing with an actual contest.
That's not the issue here. The issue was when lists for user-generated challenges go up. I think they only go up after submissions are closed and I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

I've seen no evidence to the contrary.
I'll try this again. Wicked Games was linked immediately. I know because I was part of it. I'm pretty sure Pink Orchid was up early as well. Same for Geek Pride.

I'll also repeat that I have no doubt how quickly its linked is commensurate with how much favor the organizer has with the site.

I'll try this again. Wicked Games was linked immediately. I know because I was part of it. I'm pretty sure Pink Orchid was up early as well. Same for Geek Pride.

I'll also repeat that I have no doubt how quickly its linked is commensurate with how much favor the organizer has with the site.
That's not observable evidence. Pretty much irrelevant to this specific issue anyway. The date the list on this one goes up was provided off the top: April 25th.

That's not observable evidence. Pretty much irrelevant to this specific issue anyway. The date the list on this one goes up was provided off the top: April 25th.
The link going up on the home page the day the challenge starts isn't observable? Okay...

I think what happened with this one is people thought 4/25 was the date the stories were to all go live, but somehow they started on the 16th. I think there was miscommunication somewhere on this one.

This is the first one I've entered as well as far as an open author sponsored challenge.

I'm not generally one for these things, but I wanted to support Heyall.
I liked this one cuz "on the job" is, ya know, broad enough that you still have a ton of options. Holidays or like "amorous Goods" are very intriguing to me, but man they take a Lot of imagine juice don't they?

The link going up on the home page the day the challenge starts isn't observable? Okay...

I think what happened with this one is people thought 4/25 was the date the stories were to all go live, but somehow they started on the 16th. I think there was miscommunication somewhere on this one.
No, your hearsay that it happened is not observable observation. It's just your hearsay. You gave two examples, both of which were challenges already over, so naturally the lists were up. If you want to make your point, point to an active challenge in which the list is up before the submissions are closed. That's what is observable evidence.

Barring that, I'll stick with the lists on challenges not going up until submissions are closed. That's what's happening in this specific case, which is the issue at hand and asked about. The list goes up on 25 April, after the submissions have closed.

Oh fuck. I thought it was just old people sex. Age difference makes way more sense.
Just tag it Senior center, AARP, retiree, hip replacement, and you should be fine.

When I first came here I thought it was for older couple stories, then I caught the May/December romance slug and realized its mostly milfs and young girls with daddy issues.

On a serious note, if you can spin a good romance with an age gap, they'll reward you big time.

Oh fuck. I thought it was just old people sex. Age difference makes way more sense.
Actually, I have come across both, but most are where one character is older than the other, typically by more than ten but often twenty years (she / he is young / old enough to be your daughter/son / mother/father) trope.

That's not the issue here. The issue was when lists for user-generated challenges go up. I think they only go up after submissions are closed and I've seen no evidence to the contrary.
For those who want to see the current list. Created using the guidance of an earlier contributor (I could be replying to any number of queries, including my own).
I trust this helps.

For those who want to see the current list. Created using the guidance of an earlier contributor (I could be replying to any number of queries, including my own).
I trust this helps.
I like that list however it was constructed. It includes the category, which the official list won't. I think the official list would be more useful showing the story category.

I think the official list would be more useful showing the story category.
Classic example of the sites "what do you suggest" then doing things no one ever asked for, because what you're talking about has been being suggested for years.

Classic example of the sites "what do you suggest" then doing things no one ever asked for, because what you're talking about has been being suggested for years.
To be fair, I've seen no one suggest it but me for the last eighteen years, and I've maybe mentioned it four times in that time. Still, I think it would be useful for contests. For the fringe categories, it would save readers/voters clicking on a story they know they wouldn't want to read.

To be fair, I've seen no one suggest it but me for the last eighteen years, and I've maybe mentioned it four times in that time. Still, I think it would be useful for contests. For the fringe categories, it would save readers/voters clicking on a story they know they wouldn't want to read.
I believe I've seen others mention it. It would be a huge help in preventing people from clicking on a title, then seeing its in a category that squicks them.

I think the top "they need to..." that has never been acknowledged is the Bi-sexual category (we know how that ended) followed by the taking endless chapter series out of top lists and being eligible for monthly contest placings (if they ever come back) and the annuals. Maybe without the perks these people might type "The end" to one of their stories.

Description:

"On the Job" 2024

It's one of the most common fantasies in the world. You see someone sharply dressed, diligently performing a task with the utmost professionalism. Maybe it's your boss or co-worker. Or maybe it's the person serving you.

But of course, sex is always in the back of your mind.

With "On the Job," right here on Literotica, these themes will be explored in all their beautiful glory.

Because who doesn't desire sex in the workplace?

Guidelines:

- The ENTIRE story must happen at a place of employment
- At least one character must be an employee
- Doesn't have to be one scene. Make as many scenes as you want.
- Examples include; a retail business, a professor at college, an airline employee at the airport or airplane, a hotel attendant, and of course an office worker. etc...

Date:

The posting period is between April 16 - April 23

Final list to be posted on April 25, Thursday

Posting Info
:

Use "OnTheJob" in your Notes section when submitting.

Be well everyone and I hope you get something from expanding and working your creativity.
Eeek...just submitted my entry, hope it gets cleared in time. 🤞 If not, please note that I tried! I really like this challenge...has platformed some really great stories! Thanks, HeyAll.

I believe I've seen others mention it. It would be a huge help in preventing people from clicking on a title, then seeing its in a category that squicks them.

I think the top "they need to..." that has never been acknowledged is the Bi-sexual category (we know how that ended) followed by the taking endless chapter series out of top lists and being eligible for monthly contest placings (if they ever come back) and the annuals. Maybe without the perks these people might type "The end" to one of their stories.
Well, yes, it's a frustration to see suggestions ignored while "enhancements" come through that no one asked for. But that's been the case for so long that most of us have lost the whining about it.

Eeek...just submitted my entry, hope it gets cleared in time. 🤞 If not, please note that I tried! I really like this challenge...has platformed some really great stories! Thanks, HeyAll.
Per the OP instructions, folks have until April 25th to submit.

Last edited:
I believe the stories go up as they come in, the list goes up on the 24th

I believe the stories go up as they come in, the list goes up on the 24th
The issue is when a list goes up, not when individual stories get posted. And, per the OP, the list goes up on 25 April. It would help if people reviewed the OP before deciding what questions/statements they needed to make about this.

I like that list however it was constructed. It includes the category, which the official list won't. I think the official list would be more useful showing the story category.
The list was created simply (as someone gave the basic instructions) by
1. Opening a story in the challenge (my own, but could be any)
2. Clicking on the 'Story Tags' icon
3. Clicking on the [ on the job 2024 ] Tag
4. View the list
All I did was pre-package it for those who are a bit 'click shy'* or might not have known of a story to open.

*have I just invented a new term for those who are wary of things going wrong if they click the wrong thing?

Per the OP instructions, folks have until April 23d to submit.
Yep, got that. Just hope it doesn't sit in pending for over three days, as has happened in the past.🤞Looking forward to reading through the entries once they're listed.

Back