Once Again, Who is reviewing which day?

flyguy69 said:
Sex&Death has generously agreed to take on the Friday reviews, but before I pass on the perspicacious pen of poetitude I feel it only fair to warn him of the hazards.

As some of you know, a couple months back my relationship was in shambles. After months of cold indifference I finally managed to get my partner to go to counseling with me. The counselor got us talking and, after listening for almost an hour, did something that shocked me. He stood up, walked over to my partner, and ripped her blouse open. He then shoved everything on his desk to the floor and proceeded to ravage her right there on the desktop.

When he finally climbed off of her she was panting and flushed but clearly pleased as well. He turned to me as he refastened his clothes and said "That, sir, is all that she needs. Can you give her that three times a week?"

I thought for a moment and said "Well, I can get her here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays I review New Poems."

you owe me a new monitor and keyboard

flyguy69 said:
Oh, was that your desk?

i walked right into that. sheesh. that'll teach me for reading the threads whilst lost in writing. lol

i'm not sure my desk would stand up to that kind of treatment. i may have to try it out to see.

:devil:

flyguy69 said:
Sex&Death has generously agreed to take on the Friday reviews, but before I pass on the perspicacious pen of poetitude I feel it only fair to warn him of the hazards.

As some of you know, a couple months back my relationship was in shambles. After months of cold indifference I finally managed to get my partner to go to counseling with me. The counselor got us talking and, after listening for almost an hour, did something that shocked me. He stood up, walked over to my partner, and ripped her blouse open. He then shoved everything on his desk to the floor and proceeded to ravage her right there on the desktop.

When he finally climbed off of her she was panting and flushed but clearly pleased as well. He turned to me as he refastened his clothes and said "That, sir, is all that she needs. Can you give her that three times a week?"

I thought for a moment and said "Well, I can get her here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays I review New Poems."

Thanks for the profferred perspicacious muse...such inspiration will certainly afflict my reviews accordingly.

Also, I'll expect a cut from your therapist, now that I have freed you up to attend sessions on Fridays. I am open to barter...

S&D

Last edited:
Tzara said:
I think the requirements are that you're willing to do it. So, I would say you're qualified. Welcome to the critical fraternity, S&D!

Yo, people! I think Thursdays are open if anyone else is interested. And Wednesdays are open if someone wants to make a "long term" commitment. I have someone to cover me while I'm gone on vacation, and that as yet unnamed person might take over for real, but s/he ain't sure about that. Your very sincere love to them and their reviews will help.

And Wednesdays are good days! Think of this as an opportunity. If you can see it in the stars to accept the fame and fortune, the glitter, the paparazzi hounding you for photographs, then let me know. Or—pick up Thursdays. Either/or.

S&D—buy sunglasses. Reviewers should look... stylish. :)

If I could only get all the work for which willingness was the only qualification! <evil grin>

Fridays it is!

Hey, now, are you saying a grinning skull with a rose in it's eyesocket isn't stylish? Besides, what good would sunglasses be on a skull! Ok, I'll see what I can do...after all, if what you say is true...and I have no reason to doubt you...I owe it to my public to be a stylish role model, and to all the reviwers who have paved the way before me. I will think of the children.

I will learn form you. Krazy Kat rocks!

S&D

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
i walked right into that. sheesh. that'll teach me for reading the threads whilst lost in writing. lol

i'm not sure my desk would stand up to that kind of treatment. i may have to try it out to see.

:devil:

Thanks for your kind words regarding my review on the new poem review list!

Looking forward to your report on the structural capabilities of your desk.

S&D

Is there still a day open? I'd be willing to give it a go for a bit and see if y'all hate my reviews and give me the boot. ;)

sophia jane said:
Is there still a day open? I'd be willing to give it a go for a bit and see if y'all hate my reviews and give me the boot. ;)
I dunno. Climb up on the desk here and show us what you're good at.

:)

flyguy69 said:
I dunno. Climb up on the desk here and show us what you're good at.

I think being on my knees in front of the desk would give you a better idea...

sophia jane said:
Wednesday is open, if you want to commit to it. My last day is tomorrow. I have a temporary replacement, but that person is not ready to commit to doing the reviews permanently. So I think that they would defer to you if you'd like to take over next week.

Also, I'm not sure that anyone is doing Thursday.

Tzara said:
's better to learn form from Angeline. Her form's better'n mine.

Why thank you. Form poetry is just fun for me, but Judo, who is a very occasional poster these days, is the queen of form poetry at Lit, imo. Her erotic form poetry is funny and well-written and sometimes just really hot, and she can write beautiful free verse, too. And she loves jazz. lol. I really like her.

I have been called a sonnet slut here in the past though. I guess I sort of am, but you know that iambic pentameter just gets in your head like a song you've heard over and over. I just write new lyrics.

Angeline said:
Why thank you. Form poetry is just fun for me, but Judo, who is a very occasional poster these days, is the queen of form poetry at Lit, imo. Her erotic form poetry is funny and well-written and sometimes just really hot, and she can write beautiful free verse, too. And she loves jazz. lol. I really like her.

I have been called a sonnet slut here in the past though. I guess I sort of am, but you know that iambic pentameter just gets in your head like a song you've heard over and over. I just write new lyrics.

I NEVER called you a S***** slut. Notice I used *s for the dirty word?

Tzara said:
Wednesday is open, if you want to commit to it. My last day is tomorrow. I have a temporary replacement, but that person is not ready to commit to doing the reviews permanently. So I think that they would defer to you if you'd like to take over next week.

Also, I'm not sure that anyone is doing Thursday.

I can do either day. Y'all will just have to let me know which day and when to start, unless someone more qualified volunteers. :)

sophia jane said:
I can do either day. Y'all will just have to let me know which day and when to start, unless someone more qualified volunteers. :)
All you need is a willing heart and two capable fingers. In fact, that gets you pretty far in most endeavors.

flyguy69 said:
All you need is a willing heart and two capable fingers. In fact, that gets you pretty far in most endeavors.

I think I can handle that. Tho since I type with more than two fingers, I might be over-qualified. ;) Either Wednesday or Thursday is fine, so someone should just let me know.

sophia jane said:
I think I can handle that. Tho since I type with more than two fingers, I might be over-qualified. ;) Either Wednesday or Thursday is fine, so someone should just let me know.
Who said anything about typing?

The_Fool said:
I NEVER called you a S***** slut. Notice I used *s for the dirty word?

Actually, I believe it was Lauren who called me that. Or Judo. How come we can't say S*****? :D

Since no one has said anything one way or the other, I'm confused about if/when I should do reviews. I want to help, but I'd hate to just jump in and do them if they're already being taken care of by someone else. I'm available to do it either on Wednesday or Thursday, so if there's still a need, I can do it.

sophia jane said:
Since no one has said anything one way or the other, I'm confused about if/when I should do reviews. I want to help, but I'd hate to just jump in and do them if they're already being taken care of by someone else. I'm available to do it either on Wednesday or Thursday, so if there's still a need, I can do it.
A deep, yet disembodied voice from somewhere in the heavens intones (cue James Earl Jones):
DOOOOO THURSDAYYYYY!!
Moments later, another voice, small and meek, chirps:
Or Wednesday! Wednesday!
I think, SJ, Thursdays are completely open. Wednesday has a temp replacement. Probably if you announce "I'm taking Thursday!" no one will object.

Tzara said:
A deep, yet disembodied voice from somewhere in the heavens intones (cue James Earl Jones):
DOOOOO THURSDAYYYYY!!
Moments later, another voice, small and meek, chirps:
Or Wednesday! Wednesday!
I think, SJ, Thursdays are completely open. Wednesday has a temp replacement. Probably if you announce "I'm taking Thursday!" no one will object.

Ok. I'm taking Thursday.

And I love James Earl Jones' voice. That's what decided me. :) I'll start next week cuz I can hardly sit at my puter without tremendous pain and I'm sure I'll be fine by then.

sophia jane said:

Hey Sophia Jane,
Funny thing about this place is that no one is really in charge of reviews and that is why no one answered :) because we all just look around at each other shrugging our shoulders saying I dunno whattya you think? Bout what? I dunno, somethin about poems? yeah and did you see that new av yah,

so jumping in when no one else is doing a review is a very good thing :heart: bless your heart for doing reviews. It means a lot to many people.

Thanks!

~as

sophia jane said:
Ok. I'm taking Thursday.

And I love James Earl Jones' voice. That's what decided me. :) I'll start next week cuz I can hardly sit at my puter without tremendous pain and I'm sure I'll be fine by then.
Oh, hell. I was just trying to figure out how to get the crashing thunder sound effects and the animated burning bush working.

So.

Welcome to the ranks o' reviewers, girl. You'll do swell. :rose:

Back