One Final Rant

Lauren Hynde said:
"Poet must be an active Literotica author who submitted stories during the year 2004." - I take that to mean that the poet must have submitted poems during 2004 and still have them on the site (active). ;)
That is certainly one interpretation.

I didn't know a list was up and who was on it. I don't want on it. Lauren, can you help me get removed or tell me the best way to go about it? Can I get anna's name in place of mine? She has a better shot at this than I do. Besides, this my third year on the list and it's a waste of votes every year. lol I'd rather see anna or 1201 or someone else--jthserra and many others on it. I don't like these kinds of competitions, anyway. They're as a pointless as sending flowers to dead people. Give your loved ones flowers now, and praise your fellow poets whenever you can.

WickedEve said:
I didn't know a list was up and who was on it. I don't want on it. Lauren, can you help me get removed or tell me the best way to go about it? Can I get anna's name in place of mine? She has a better shot at this than I do. Besides, this my third year on the list and it's a waste of votes every year. lol I'd rather see anna or 1201 or someone else--jthserra and many others on it. I don't like these kinds of competitions, anyway. They're as a pointless as sending flowers to dead people. Give your loved ones flowers now, and praise your fellow poets whenever you can.
:rose: :nana:

It feels utterly weird to be on that list. Flattering, but weird. Whatever the criteris are, I fail to see how I wasn't further down that list. There are so many poets here that awe me.

WickedEve said:
I didn't know a list was up and who was on it. I don't want on it. Lauren, can you help me get removed or tell me the best way to go about it?

No. Shut up. It's the reader's choice awards, not yours. :p

Lauren Hynde said:
No. Shut up. It's the reader's choice awards, not yours. :p
Too late. :) I sent a pm to the cat woman of lit. I think the readers want anna and she'll do great. And now I can relax... :cathappy:

Lauren Hynde said:
She'll tell you to shut up as well. :D
I don't think so... No one tells me to shut up. (I know I'm asking for it now.)

WickedEve said:
I don't think so... No one tells me to shut up. (I know I'm asking for it now.)
And that's why here it comes:

Eve, shut up.

and again

I feel downright stupid posting on this thread. I do. But fuck it. This is not about me. Or 1201. Or the people who are on the list.

And trust me I would be much more vocal if it were someone else instead of 1201 and me.

It seems like we are missing the basic point that Tara brought up-- clarity and consistancy. You cannot control who wants to vote for whom, nor should you, but you should be able to control the system in which the voting takes place. If you should not nominate people who do not have their poems up anymore you should be told that, etc. I was nominated last year and I came to literotica on December 12, it was flattering, but oes that make any more sense than having people like Pat and Tara being ineligible?

Yes, Lauren, it is the Readers Choice award. But that does not answer by what criteria were the group of "2"s selected? Was it the highest rated poets? Ones around longer? The most comments? The most posts? The quality of the nominations? Should you write a love letter explaining why your nominee should be the winner? Who knows? There must be some format.

Yes it is awful nice for Laurel and Manu to share their earnings they get partly (mostly?) from our efforts and give recognition when they can.

Yes, Eve, Liar, I hate this kind of thing too, it is nice to recognize people and to be recognized, but if you are going to do it, try to make it clear.

Eve, you are sweet but I do not want to be on that list either. Neither would our friend. But I nominated you. If there has to be an award, you should be there. I want you on there, you fucking deserve it, and I am a reader damn it. :) If I were voting I would vote for you. If I had it in me to cheat, I would vote for you 20 times.

It sucks that the inconsistancies have put a sour taste in many peoples mouths, ruins it for everyone, especially whoever winds up winning, well maybe not, who knows.

This is not sour grapes. I know that most of the writers (and their writing) that I respect and appreciate also respect and appreciate me and my writing and influence, and that is what matters most but I also have this thing for democracy.

but Literotica is NOT a democracy, I am not saying it should be, but if we are going to stir up the shit, it is nowhere close.

just tell people you appreciate them when you can. It is certainly better than this bologna.

~Jennifer

WickedEve said:
Too late. :) I sent a pm to the cat woman of lit. I think the readers want anna and she'll do great. And now I can relax... :cathappy:

Eve! Damn it. What have you done while I was writing this post?????

I nominated you crazy woman! sigh does this mean I have to pm the cat woman too? You had more nominations than half the people on the list, you do more for people to influence them--open wide and take your praise and shut up Eve.

:devil:

:running:

annaswirls said:
Yes, Lauren, it is the Readers Choice award. But that does not answer by what criteria were the group of "2"s selected? Was it the highest rated poets? Ones around longer? The most comments? The most posts? The quality of the nominations? Should you write a love letter explaining why your nominee should be the winner? Who knows? There must be some format.
How about an honest overlook? Let's wait for Laurel's response...

annaswirls said:
Eve! Damn it. What have you done while I was writing this post?????

I nominated you crazy woman! sigh does this mean I have to pm the cat woman too? You had more nominations than half the people on the list, you do more for people to influence them--open wide and take your praise and shut up Eve.

:devil:

:running:
Well, I nominated you. That's right. Because I think you're the most inspiring effing poet here. And it's my burfday, so I ain't gonna let you dismiss that so easily. :kiss:

It is a travisshamockery that my name is not on this list. Have readers forgotten Tender as Piss?

Frankly, who cares if 2 people or 6 people regarded you as "the most influential poet" of 2004? All nominees should be proud, and ought to be recognized as such. To ultimately conclude that Liar was more influential than Angeline (e.g.) seems silly.

tarablackwood22 said:
It isn't a question of how many nominations were received, Lauren.

I received 4, as many or almost as anyone as anyone else and more than most on the final list, but I do not belong on that list.

I didn't even know it had anything to do with the number of nominations received. It would just be a popularity contest then. A gathering up of cronies.

I thought there would have been some sensible way to cull the list of nominees, done by people who frequent the poetry boards, perhaps the moderators even.

:rose:

Perhaps you can write a request to Laurel, for your removal saying as much the same . . . since you feel strongly about it, I mean. :) :rose:

flyguy69 said:
It is a travisshamockery that my name is not on this list. Have readers forgotten Tender as Piss?

Frankly, who cares if 2 people or 6 people regarded you as "the most influential poet" of 2004? All nominees should be proud, and ought to be recognized as such. To ultimately conclude that Liar was more influential than Angeline (e.g.) seems silly.

Well, I NEVER in my life thought piss could be likened to tenderness :D lol, oh how you make me see!

WickedEve said:

Well said.

Angeline said:
Well said.

Indeed.

In fact - while I have the soap box - I'm against prizes and competitions all together. Bring back the STCs of yesteryear.

*steps off soap box and returns to Ye Olde Gunfigfht Saloon.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Lauren Hynde
"Poet must be an active Literotica author who submitted stories during the year 2004." - I take that to mean that the poet must have submitted poems during 2004 and still have them on the site (active).
Quote:

flyguy69 said:
That is certainly one interpretation.

yeah that second half is certainly implied.

anna, your name is up now. so is mine... so, did she remove someone? :confused:

Last edited:
Angeline
Impressive
Lauren Hynde
Liar
Maria2394
My Erotic Tail
smithpeter
WickedEve
annaswirls

WickedEve said:
Angeline
Impressive
Lauren Hynde
Liar
Maria2394
My Erotic Tail
smithpeter
WickedEve
annaswirls

a nice gesture, this is so fucking awkward

what about 1201???

annaswirls said:
a nice gesture, this is so fucking awkward

what about 1201???
I don't know.
I wanted off the list!
I wonder if she'd bitch slap me if I PMed again about 1201?
You PM her, anna. :eek:

Back