Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

clutching_calliope said:
Hoo-ray!! Maybe we'll be in the same issue together...that would be so awesome. Congrats, passionbuddy.

Mr. R has good taste :)

I'm looking for a lawyer!

I found out last week that some publishing company is distributing and selling my book all over the world. However, they never talked to me and I haven't been informed! They are taking all the profits off my book for themselves. But that's not all! They are a subsidiary of Ingram! If you don't know it, they are the #1 distributor of books in the world. And this subsidiary had just recently merged with "Xlibris"! Yes..., I still retain all the copyrights to the book and my poetry! This also brings into question, the integrity of the company of which I contracted, to publish and distribute my book in the first place. "Authorhouse"! Now I have to find a lawyer to help me pursue them. However, I wastold that I have to get a copyright lawyer. But in looking at the phone book, They all seem to be strictly involved with business' exclusively. It's going be a long summer. Google "Asphyrinymn".

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=264347

Last edited:
clutching_calliope said:
Thank you! :rose: (I didn't even know the page was up...duh.) That David Luntz poem there is getting a lot of mileage. I swear I've seen it posted at least two other places. It's good, but I feel like I'm watching reruns.

And check out the 10,673 postings by the Rainman, Pushcart Prize nominee and general all around wonderful guy, although somewhat limpy in foot. ;) Really, Rainy, I would like a copy of your autograph now so I can secure my financial future through E-Bay.

lol . . . i just saw this, you crazy Canuck. :kiss:

hey, how come you leave it to me to announce your acceptances to Word Riot (where you'll be with vampiredust) and Frigg Magazine (in the same issue as Sara Crewe and annaswirls), and . . . where else? . . . you see, that's why YOU have to mention them . . . because i am brain-dead.

Congrats Calli, RainMAn, VampireDust and Anna and Sara Crew ( whew)

I know you are thrilled, Anna, to get into FRigg :D

IM so proud of all of ya'll. KInda makes me wanna write apoem...but I won't, at least not here.

oh yeah, check out Hiss Quarterly on or about August 1 :D theres gonna be a couple of Litsters in that one, too!

)~~~

The Mystery Valiant said:
I found out last week that some publishing company is distributing and selling my book all over the world. However, they never talked to me and I haven't been informed! They are taking all the profits off my book for themselves. But that's not all! They are a subsidiary of Ingram! If you don't know it, they are the #1 distributor of books in the world. And this subsidiary had just recently merged with "Xlibris"! Yes..., I still retain all the copyrights to the book and my poetry! This also brings into question, the integrity of the company of which I contracted, to publish and distribute my book in the first place. "Authorhouse"! Now I have to find a lawyer to help me pursue them. However, I wastold that I have to get a copyright lawyer. But in looking at the phone book, They all seem to be strictly involved with business' exclusively. It's going be a long summer. Google "Asphyrinymn".

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=264347
The arrangement you agreed to seems to state that you will receive a certain royalty every three months. If your book doesn't sell, well, 20% of nothing...

TheRainMan said:
lol . . . i just saw this, you crazy Canuck. :kiss:

hey, how come you leave it to me to announce your acceptances to Word Riot (where you'll be with vampiredust) and Frigg Magazine (in the same issue as Sara Crewe and annaswirls), and . . . where else? . . . you see, that's why YOU have to mention them . . . because i am brain-dead.

hmm I think y'all will be in Frigg Magazine first, I jumped in and submitted when I was inspired by your announcement that you got in :)

I need some inspiration to send more out there :eek: somewhere

Congrats Calli! And Maria for Hiss (who else is in there, gotta have more crazy litsters represented.... :devil: )

annaswirls said:
hmm I think y'all will be in Frigg Magazine first, I jumped in and submitted when I was inspired by your announcement that you got in :)

I need some inspiration to send more out there :eek: somewhere

Congrats Calli! And Maria for Hiss (who else is in there, gotta have more crazy litsters represented.... :devil: )

ooh, ooh, pick me, Teach,. pick me!!

I know who--YOU :devil:

now Im gonna submmit to Frigg, but I hear its hard as hell to get in there, muawahah, love a friggin' challenge :)

Congratulations, all you talented poets. :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: <--hope that's enough to go around

Maria--that AV cracks me up. But now I have that damn song in my head.

The new issue of HISS is up!!

Anna, were on the same page !!!!! :D

:)

and theres another LItster there, speak up, you know who, or I will ;) unless you dont want me to...

and guess who one of the featured poets is? I will leave some initials--DH :D

who knew there were so many crazy poets here?

Last edited:
Maria2394 said:
The new issue of HISS is up!!

Anna, were on the same page !!!!! :D

:)

and theres another LItster there, speak up, you know who, or I will ;) unless you dont want me to...

and guess who one of the featured poets is? I will leave some initials--DH :D

who knew there were so many crazy poets here?
can you post a link? http://thehissquarterly.net/index.html does not reveal a new issue.

Congrats to you, JVB and DM as well!

flyguy69 said:
can you post a link? http://thehissquarterly.net/index.html does not reveal a new issue.

http://www.hissquarterly.com/

if you scroll down the left side of the front page, beneath submission guidelines and you come to the part that says " the future: themes" and in there is the Sanity is a one trick pony" I clicked on that and it came up :)

and, thank you, Fly :kiss:

okay, maybe its not officially "up" but if I can find it, well, I am simple, so there ya go :D

flyguy69 said:

thanks y'all!

I can never get their links to work, it is a pain in the ass-- you hover over the "rearview" section, it looks like it should be alink, BUT it kind of gives you this side menu bar you have to scroll over....anyone else have trouble with it?

hey swirly girlie:)

fly's right of course, it is not officially up...however, you can get to it. m just impatient seein' as how I aint had no poems 'cepted in quite a while.

oh, this is NOT a toot for me, ( well, in a way it is) but my daughter has a story in zygote this issue. Ya'll take a gander and drop her a line if ya like it. not that she needs the boost ya know, she has enough self confidence for five people, but, okay, we all know how good it feels when someone says, hey! that was pretty darned cool!!

Apples

oh, and tzara ? :D

CONGRATS!!!!

:rose:

m

Congrats to the girl!

Even the current issue I cannot get to the rearview poetry. Can you? Maybe it is my browser.

Maria2394 said:

fly's right of course, it is not officially up...however, you can get to it. m just impatient seein' as how I aint had no poems 'cepted in quite a while.

oh, this is NOT a toot for me, ( well, in a way it is) but my daughter has a story in zygote this issue. Ya'll take a gander and drop her a line if ya like it. not that she needs the boost ya know, she has enough self confidence for five people, but, okay, we all know how good it feels when someone says, hey! that was pretty darned cool!!

Apples

CONGRATS!!!!

m

annaswirls said:
Congrats to the girl!

Even the current issue I cannot get to the rearview poetry. Can you? Maybe it is my browser.
I got it to work today, and was delighted to see not only the poetry of the lovely Maria alongside that of the entrancing Anna, but also the entertaining work of our resident chemist!

And DH as a featured poet, no less!

Congrats to all of you!

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Maria2394 said:

Apples

CONGRATS!!!!

m
And AW is an apple in full blossom!

must be good genes....

Maria2394 said:

Apples

CONGRATS!!!!

m

congrats, julie. :) great girl you have there.

just like her mommy.

Mannequin Envy

Summer 2006 Special Issue

Featuring the art and poetry of artists who create in the poetic and visual realms.

Jill Khoury
Scott Odom
Sharon Auberle
Tantra Bensko
Lisa Zaran
Carolyn Adams
Keith Brighouse
Eve Anthony Hanninen

Back