Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

Congrats to all on your recent publications. Patrick, you'll be in New Yorker yet. I'm actually starting to believe you. :p

Christian, your chapbook news is wonderful.

There was a time when no one on this forum ever considered they'd publish anywhere but here. None of us had any confidence that we could compete with "real poets." What a difference a few years have made.

I have a new career that's eating up most of my time; it seems like when I'm not actually working I'm taking training classes, so I'm rarely here for more than a half hour or so at a time anymore. Poetry (including my own) is taking a backseat for me until I get acclimated to this new schedule, but I wanted you all to know how happy I am for you and how much it means to me to see that this forum is producing poets for whom publications (print, online, even chapbooks!) is becoming the norm.

Peace,
Angeline

:heart:

Angeline said:
Congrats to all on your recent publications. Patrick, you'll be in New Yorker yet. I'm actually starting to believe you. :p

Christian, your chapbook news is wonderful.

There was a time when no one on this forum ever considered they'd publish anywhere but here. None of us had any confidence that we could compete with "real poets." What a difference a few years have made.

I have a new career that's eating up most of my time; it seems like when I'm not actually working I'm taking training classes, so I'm rarely here for more than a half hour or so at a time anymore. Poetry (including my own) is taking a backseat for me until I get acclimated to this new schedule, but I wanted you all to know how happy I am for you and how much it means to me to see that this forum is producing poets for whom publications (print, online, even chapbooks!) is becoming the norm.

Peace,
Angeline

thank you, Ange. :rose:

and you're right. you've been here far longer than me, but it's about time we Lit poets shook off the collective inferiority complex and kicked some ass. there has always been a lot of phenomenal talent here on this board.

i remember 1201, i think, saying that at Literotica you can find some of the best poetry and some of the worst poetry anywhere, all mixed together in one, thick soup . . . (where is he, anyway? ... wish he'd come back)

. . . he also said it's up to each individual to learn to tell the difference, so that they can figure out how to mix up a tasty bouillabaisse of their own.

good luck on your new career, Miss Maine. :kiss:

annaswirls said:
Main Street Rag's New Publications

BookRiseFall.jpg

You go, Patrick!

Congratulations!
:rose: :rose: :rose:

thanks for linking this up, jenny. :rose: . . . and Tzara and fly and VD and Maria and Ange for the nice words.

and hey all – having a manuscript accepted by a major poetry publisher is something i’m very proud of. i have seen and held books published by Main Street. they are perfect-bound, and professional and first-rate in every way.

i’d appreciate any support you’re inclined to give a fellow Literotica poet. the bookstore link is right above the cover photo.

. . . the size of the first printing is going to be largely determined by the volume of advanced sales. plus, if it sells well, when i send them my next pile of junk, they might actually think it’s worth something. :)

what’s a measly 9 bucks anyway. ;)

thanks, and thanks also for putting up with this short self-promotion. the way poetry and poets are treated nowadays, it’s a wonder any publishers are willing to take any of us on at all . . . and one day, they won’t, if no one buys the books they print.

peace and blessings,

patrick (carrington) :rose:

Last edited:
TheRainMan said:
thanks for linking this up, jenny. :rose: . . . and Tzara and fly and VD and Maria and Ange for the nice words.

and hey all – having a manuscript accepted by a major poetry publisher is something i’m very proud of. i have seen and held books published by Main Street. they are perfect-bound, and professional and first-rate in every way.

i’d appreciate any support you’re inclined to give a fellow Literotica poet. the bookstore link is right above the cover photo.

. . . the size of the first printing is going to be largely determined by the volume of advanced sales. plus, if it sells well, when i send them my next pile of junk, they might actually think it’s worth something. :)

what’s a measly 9 bucks anyway. ;)

thanks, and thanks also for putting up with this short self-promotion. the way poetry and poets are treated nowadays, it’s a wonder any publishers are willing to take any of us on at all . . . and one day, they won’t, if no one buys the books they print.

peace and blessings,

patrick (carrington) :rose:

congratulations! ;)

nice advert too by the way!

ummm,

Pat, since youre promoting MSR and its lovely perfect bound books, I will mention that the anthology of Carolina poets, Kakalak 2006, that accepted my poem, One Wish, is also published by Main Street Rag :D

toodles,

maria

Congrats Maria !

I heard a report on the local NPR about Kakalak coming out, and there was some criticism about them not bringing in much new blood...

and now you tell us you're in it....how could anyone complain when the editor's taste is obviously so good.....

You Rock Woman!

...guess I'll get a copy now!...will you autograph it for me? :D

tungtied2u said:
I heard a report on the local NPR about Kakalak coming out, and there was some criticism about them not bringing in much new blood...

and now you tell us you're in it....how could anyone complain when the editor's taste is obviously so good.....

You Rock Woman!

...guess I'll get a copy now!...will you autograph it for me? :D

well, of COURSE I will!! maybe we can meet up when I travel to Boone to visit my mamas grave. ( thank you for the kind and very generous words:)

:rose:

julie

Maria2394 said:
ummm,

Pat, since youre promoting MSR and its lovely perfect bound books, I will mention that the anthology of Carolina poets, Kakalak 2006, that accepted my poem, One Wish, is also published by Main Street Rag :D

toodles,

maria

is it out? Congrats!!!

:kiss:

Maria2394 said:
ummm,

toodles,

maria

Congrats, Carolina. :rose:

you, by the way, are one of those phenomenal talents i mentioned above. :)

you're in the 2006 anthology? that's out and can be ordered, folks...

here's the page link at Main St. Rag for Kakalak 2006

TheRainMan said:
Congrats, Carolina. :rose:

you, by the way, are one of those phenomenal talents i mentioned above. :)

you're in the 2006 anthology? that's out and can be ordered, folks...

here's the page link at Main St. Rag for Kakalak 2006

Thanks, Ya'll!!

yep, I'm in there. They said they had 1100+ entries and though I didnt win a cash prize, I was tickled to make it in there.

Pat- remember that poem you told me you kinda liked, One Wish? Thats the o ne they took. I appreciate your encouraging me with that one.

( I submitted it to six places, it was rejected by six places, then accepted by Kakalak)

Never Give Up!!

maria

Maria2394 said:
Thanks, Ya'll!!

yep, I'm in there. They said they had 1100+ entries and though I didnt win a cash prize, I was tickled to make it in there.

Pat- remember that poem you told me you kinda liked, One Wish? Thats the o ne they took. I appreciate your encouraging me with that one.

( I submitted it to six places, it was rejected by six places, then accepted by Kakalak)

Never Give Up!!

maria

i do remember it, yes. it's terrific.

...and good advice there.

Congratulations!!

to Annaswirls, sho has been nominated by HISS Quarterly for the Best of the Net

heres thedetails! ( from an email they sent me:) )

Greetings, Bohemian Eclectics!

The Janitors on Duty at The Hiss Quarterly are proud to announce our
nominations for Sundress Press' "Best of the Net" anthology. We
filled our quota -- six poems and two works of short fiction --
selected from issues which were current between 7/1/05 and 6/30/06
(Esculent Flummery, Akasha's Breeze, 2nd NC-17, and Future Imperfect).

Our nominees are ~

Poetry:

Gayle Brandeis -- "Buttered Women"
http://hissquarterly.thehiss.net/archives/ef/brandeis.html

Benjamin Buchholz -- "Diacritical Marks"
http://thehissquarterly.net/fimp/ben1.html

Angie Chuang -- "A Sonnet for Robert McNamara and Norma Banks"
http://hissquarterly.thehiss.net/nc6/chuang.html

Michaela Gabriel -- "Solitaire"
http://hissquarterly.thehiss.net/nc6/gabriel.html

Jennifer VanBuren -- "Sequined Jean Reflections"
http://thehissquarterly.net/fimp/vanburen_atkins.html

Richard Fein -- "The Sour Aftertaste of Dinner"
http://hissquarterly.thehiss.net/archives/ef/feincopemurphy.html

Damn, Woman, you are so good I am feeling a twinge of poet-type jealousy. But just know this, I am so proud of you!! tee hee, way to go!

maria

Gosh, thank you so much Maria! It is so nice to have friends to smile with! :)

I have been entertaining out of town guests, am glad I stopped in to see! Have not written anything of anything lately. But I did patch the cracked stucco on the skirting around the back of our house. Hmm maybe I could write a poem about that. hmm. Maybe not. I already did one about patching concrete, that would be redundant. I also painted teracotta planters and tried to put up some window scarves. I am becoming crafty.

:)

I love reading your job adventures. Can you get someone to take pictures of you at work?

Again, thanks!!!

Maria2394 said:
Congratulations!!

to Annaswirls, sho has been nominated by HISS Quarterly for the Best of the Net . . .

. . . I am so proud of you!! tee hee, way to go!

maria

damn right! :heart:

:rose: x 12

found poetry from an AS post

annaswirls said:
Gosh, thank you so much Maria! It is so nice to have friends to smile with! :)

I have been entertaining out of town guests, am glad I stopped in to see! Have not written anything of anything lately. But I did patch the cracked stucco on the skirting around the back of our house. Hmm maybe I could write a poem about that. hmm. Maybe not. I already did one about patching concrete, that would be redundant. I also painted teracotta planters and tried to put up some window scarves. I am becoming crafty.

:)

I love reading your job adventures. Can you get someone to take pictures of you at work?

Again, thanks!!!

Anna, just your regular postings are poetry ;)

Transition

I have been
entertaining

I patched the cracked stucco on the skirting
around the back of our house. Hmm
maybe I could write a poem about that.
hmm. Maybe not.
I painted teracotta planters and tried
to put up some window scarves.

I am becoming
crafty.

ps, we cant take pics at this job. we have o go through 3 check points to get to
our work site. Its homeland security they said since its a dam and power plant, a target and they dont want no photos of that place floating around. we have acess to the whole place. When my oldest was in the second grade, we went on a field trip of the dam and power plant, I dont think they do that anymore either

Last edited:
annaswirls and myself will be appearing in a new erotic anthology called Velvet Acceptance

Well done, Jenn, my poetic friend

My monthly group congrats... lol

Tzara said:
It appears that I am rrrrrready to RRRRRumble.

:rolleyes:
Rumble on Tzara

annaswirls said:
Main Street Rag's New Publications

You go, Patrick!

Congratulations!

I ordered my copy a couple of weeks ago.

vampiredust said:
I have received a couple of acceptances this week:

One from Fire, a UK print mag and the other from PoetrySuperHighway

But I am quite excited about this:

Lily Lit Review will be releasing my first chapbook online in October
You're very talented. :)

Maria2394 said:
ummm,

toodles,

maria
People would be crazy not to publish your work.

Maria2394 said:
Congratulations!!

to Annaswirls, sho has been nominated by HISS Quarterly for the Best of the Net

maria
The world needs to know that there really is good poetry on the net.

vampiredust said:
annaswirls and myself will be appearing in a new erotic anthology called Velvet Acceptance

Well done, Jenn, my poetic friend
Congrats to you both for making it into the Velvet Avalanche.

Please check out my Barking Dogs links. Our very own bogusbrig has his second poetry journal out. Poets like annaswirls and angeline are in it. I have a copy of both books and they're totally cool. ;)
Edited to add that eagleyez and tathagata are in Barking Dogs no. 2 I'm just now reading it and realizing there are quite a few literotica members featured in it.

Last edited:
A certain Wicked one also has a handful of poems coming out in Erosha's Anthology- Velvet Avalanche. :) Thanks Christian and congrats to both y'all!

WickedEve said:
Rumble on Tzara

I ordered my copy a couple of weeks ago.

You're very talented. :)

People would be crazy not to publish your work.

The world needs to know that there really is good poetry on the net.

Congrats to you both for making it into the Velvet Avalanche.

Please check out my Barking Dogs links. Our very own bogusbrig has his second poetry journal out. Poets like annaswirls and angeline are in it. I have a copy of both books and they're totally cool. ;)
Edited to add that eagleyez and tathagata are in Barking Dogs no. 2 I'm just now reading it and realizing there are quite a few literotica members featured in it.

vampiredust said:
I just got an acceptance this morning from loch raven review

neat-o

That is from my old Neighborhood (three dimensional :) ) I used to live in Loch Raven Villiage. Go Poe!

Congrats and Happy Birthday, dude!

It is also a good place for others to submit! I am pretty sure they take previously published poems if you are looking for more play on your favorite works :)

clutching_calliope said:
Really VampireDust, with all this tooting you really ought to plug in a Glade air freshner or light a candle or sumtin'!

Read him at ken*again

Toot, toot! All aboard! (I've always wanted to say this....) :rose:

and who else might we read there, Casey Jones?

. . . congrats, Christian and . . . ummm . . .

:rose: :rose: <--- one for each of you.

clutching_calliope said:
Really VampireDust, with all this tooting you really ought to plug in a Glade air freshner or light a candle or sumtin'!

Read him at ken*again

Toot, toot! All aboard! (I've always wanted to say this....) :rose:
I told you I wouldn't say, so I will merely cough (kaff, kaff) discreetly.

Congratulations, Christian! Well done!

And you too, missy.

Back