Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

clutching_calliope said:
Toots to Tatha who is at Thieves Jargon this week, and to VampireDust who will outlive us all (especially if he keeps sucking our necks. Damn hickeys... :rolleyes: )

www.thievesjargon.com for Tatha!!

Tath's gettin fan mail. And from strangers--not just me. ;)

Just an appreciation

In the "Ode to Crows" thread, I placed an untested and impromptu poem to fill an accidental repost, and then posted it in my "submissions" page. But it was a beautiful instinctive creation. I don't know if this is the place for this, but I have to thank "My Erotic Tail", "Maria2394" and Anonymous "blue" For their elegant remarks to such an impetuous spout! Like I've posted before, sometimes, when you truly "work" on your poems, you may do well and proper. But when you do something off and on the fly, you might tap into that softer and instinctive creative power we all have. And then, it changes your thought pattern and your silly, innate perceptions of hwo the world creates.

Once again, thanx to the bright and generous few.

MyGuitar-1.jpg

Last edited:
i'll toot a bit . . . what the hell. :)

got a slew of very nice acceptances while i was gone, most notably from Blue Fifth Review (alongside Marge Piercy), The New York Quarterly (alongside God knows who -- last issue, Ted Kooser and Franz Wright), Rattle (which thrills me to death since it is a journal I love), and Frigg Magazine, (which took 4 of my poems), and I know that is a journal that annaswirls just loves.

and let's not forget Black Magma, the new journal by everybody's favorite son, vampiredust.

i'd also toot for someone else who gave me good news on her own poetry, but i don't want to make her all red in the face.

i'll do it though, if she wants me to . . . do you, missy? :)

Congratulations! Very wonderful news. Lord!

and Frigg is cool.... it is on my short list of places I would like to get into someday.
hmm maybe I should write a poem or something.

and come on, I wanna hear the other good news!

:kiss:

TheRainMan said:

got a slew of very nice acceptances while i was gone, most notably from Blue Fifth Review (alongside Marge Piercy), The New York Quarterly (alongside God knows who -- last issue, Ted Kooser and Franz Wright), Rattle (which thrills me to death since it is a journal I love), and Frigg Magazine, (which took 4 of my poems), and I know that is a journal that annaswirls just loves.

and let's not forget Black Magma, the new journal by everybody's favorite son, vampiredust.

i'd also toot for someone else who gave me good news on her own poetry, but i don't want to make her all red in the face.

TheRainMan said:

Congrats, TRM. I suspect other poets are citing you in statements like "guess who I'll be appearing alongside?"!

Personally, I like making her all red in the face! And I suspect we'll be hearing a lot about her in the future, too.

TheRainMan said:

Well done Patrick, congrats on your success!

thanks, friends. :rose:

get over to neo's great 30/30 thread.

you should all join in there -- it's like forcing yourself to be productive (translation . . . work). i know i will choose sloth every chance i get. i need a carrot dangling in front of me, or better, a flank of beef.

get over to that 30/30 thread and give it a go.

Last edited:
flyguy69 said:
Congrats, TRM. I suspect other poets are citing you in statements like "guess who I'll be appearing alongside?"!

Personally, I like making her all red in the face! And I suspect we'll be hearing a lot about her in the future, too.

OKay, I will admit, when I got into one place ( thievesjargon 2/18/2005 issue), I was tickled it was "alongside" TRM :D I did the nana dance.

Congrats RainMAn and Calli!!!

Such super work had to be noticed. You ALL inspired me to sit up till 5:30 to start submitting again...its been almost a year....

Last edited:
Maria2394 said:
OKay, I will admit, when I got into one place ( thievesjargon 2/18/2005 issue), I was tickled it was "alongside" TRM :D I did the nana dance.

Congrats RainMAn and Calli!!!

Such super work had to be noticed. You ALL inspired me to sit up till 5:30 to start submitting again...its been almost a year....

:rose:

I got a really nice acceptance letter from iota
this morning

will also be in True Poet Magazine & Thick with Convinction

vampiredust said:
I got a really nice acceptance letter from iota
this morning

will also be in True Poet Magazine & Thick with Convinction

damn! busy boy! Congratulations! Fine journal!

Well, it's Sunday morning

I finally got back to Literotica tonight after our neighbor's grandmother collasped on the steps of their house last night and had to be taken to the hospital. She did regain consciousness before she was taken by the ambulance. Firecracker's popping all over the neighborhood..., in a state that has outlawed everything that pops or leaves the ground.

I finally got back after having posting problems with a poem I had submitted last Friday.
I finally got back and was somewhat floored by what I was met with in the comments of my newest submissions, of which didn't stay "pending" less than 24 hours.
I finally got back and I find that all three of my newest submissions are mentioned by the venerable "My Erotic Tail". All three! This will take some getting used to...............

And my gracious thanks to you blue. I hope I know who you are?! Very nice comment!

hd0508.gif
nanaparty.gif
Signaturepipe.jpg

Last edited:
TheRainMan said:
and here -- Carnelian

check out Calli's sonnet while you're there.

:rose:

Thank you! :rose: (I didn't even know the page was up...duh.) That David Luntz poem there is getting a lot of mileage. I swear I've seen it posted at least two other places. It's good, but I feel like I'm watching reruns.

And check out the 10,673 postings by the Rainman, Pushcart Prize nominee and general all around wonderful guy, although somewhat limpy in foot. ;) Really, Rainy, I would like a copy of your autograph now so I can secure my financial future through E-Bay.

got a nice acceptance e-mail this morning from those lovely folks at Word Riot

Last edited by a moderator:
Back