Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

Thank you, Rainy Bo Bainy!

A giant hug and bouquet for Patrick :rose: :rose: :rose: . Guess what I got in the mail today?

Rise

Manilla
on a Tuesday morning
one week from Christmas.
Unexpected. Package, you are dim
while I, grinning at your stony-faced postmark
am waiting for you to smile back.

There are no stamps,
no acute or obtuse angular surprises
but your handwriting reveals you

in daylight, where only shadow was known before.

I open you while tripping over the doorjamb.

Fall

As your clothes fall away, my selfishness
is lit in envy and blue ribbons, thinking
I, too, could be you, I,

if I wanted to, if I had
a pocket full of watches, or a wallet fat with
paper, more porridge, less gruel.

These shopping lists are tattered but not torn.
My green-leafed thoughts weigh
kilos on the tin fruit scale.

Acceptance

Memory
and her beguiling saliva
sticks her ever-loving tongue
in my ear
and says but you remember this,
and this, and this.

Her static kiss is a lightning bolt of clarity.

Oh yes, I say, and flip you over.
I remember you.

good news here: Codhill Press

who says there’s no money in poetry? :) well, there’s a little, anyway.

the chapbook should be released around March this year.

i am scouting around for cover art that might jive with the title, Thirst . . . photography or artwork of any kind.

i already have a few pieces the publishers are considering. if any of you talented artists and photographers have anything you wish to share, i’d love to see it. you can e-mail it to me at patcarringtonpoet -@- yahoo (dot) com . . . i won’t be able to offer any compensation, except acknowledgement of the cover art inside the book, of course, and a few copies of the book itself.

and Happy New Year, everyone.

:rose:

(and hey, 1201, where are you . . . that's a Lit poet, atop a slew of MFA's . . . that should make you smile . . . dead poetry loses, this time)

TheRainMan said:
good news here: Codhill Press

who says there’s no money in poetry? :) well, there’s a little, anyway.

the chapbook should be released around March this year.

i am scouting around for cover art that might jive with the title, Thirst . . . photography or artwork of any kind.

i already have a few pieces the publishers are considering. if any of you talented artists and photographers have anything you wish to share, i’d love to see it. you can e-mail it to me at patcarringtonpoet -@- yahoo (dot) com . . . i won’t be able to offer any compensation, except acknowledgement of the cover art inside the book, of course, and a few copies of the book itself.

and Happy New Year, everyone.

(and hey, 1201, where are you . . . that's a Lit poet, atop a slew of MFA's . . . that should make you smile . . . dead poetry loses, this time)

Congrats Patrick!

Well done on your success

:)

Recently

I was contacted by bare back magazine to feature 2 of my poems in the January issue...its up...http://barebackmag.com/home.html under my other alt bluedolphin...its my first magazine post...and I want to thank everyone here at lit for all the support and interactive ways you help me write better...Vampiredust has ask to pick a favorite poet...thats not very easy since I like so many of you out there for various reasons ...anyway ty all again ..for supporting my passions...bighuzzz...blue

bluerains said:
I was contacted by bare back magazine to feature 2 of my poems in the January issue...its up...http://barebackmag.com/home.html under my other alt bluedolphin...its my first magazine post...and I want to thank everyone here at lit for all the support and interactive ways you help me write better...Vampiredust has ask to pick a favorite poet...thats not very easy since I like so many of you out there for various reasons ...anyway ty all again ..for supporting my passions...bighuzzz...blue

Congrats blue

Wow, sounds like you've all been really busy! Congratulations on the publications everyone!

Well done Blue, Chris and Patrick. You all should have more chapbooks out there for me to devour! :)

bluerains said:
I was contacted by bare back magazine to feature 2 of my poems in the January issue...
Congratulations, blue, that is great news. :rose:

Congradtadulations Blue! I never saw that mag before, so this is a doubls good news announcement! A new place for us to try out our erotica!!!

I am glad to see you reaching out to a wider audience, doesn't it feel great???

bluerains said:

bluerains said:

congrats, blue. :rose:

and thanks VD, Tzara, CC and WSO for the kind words.

Calli and vampiredust have a whopping eleven poems posted between the two of them in the current edition of Word Riot! Congrats!!

congrats to all who have been publishing their poetry! you're making the world a better place.

I'd like to take a moment to thank LeBroz and duddle for the comments they've been leaving on all the archival poetry. It's hard for me to keep up with the kind and courteous feedback they've been leaving on my stuff. I can only imagine how much time and thought must go into giving it. So....

Thanks to Leon
and duddle146
for all you do!!​

Congrats Calli and VampireDust, I will have to go check out WordRiot and see which of their gems they gobbled up :) It is always so much fun to see familiar names out there!

The Winter Issue of Mannequin Envy is up! I hope you get a chance to go check out the amazing artwork of Theresa Pfarr and some really wonderful poetry.

img.pfarr.bugaboo.jpg

I also re-did all of the archives : pantpant : which was labor intensive but necessary. If you have work in there or in the past, please check it out and let me know if there are any changes or additions you would like me to make. Also, I know that there is work that I still need to archive, if I missed something of yours (I already found out I missed one of my favorite artists do not take it personally) just drop me a line and I will add it. I am on my 3rd computer and 3rd web publishing program since I started the journal, so things have gotten out of control, and unification takes time and requires going back for those lost in the shuffffffle.

Thank you Patrick RainMan for your tireless efforts in reading all of the submissions and in working with me in making the selections without losing patience and keeping me on track when I get discouraged. You are an inspiration and wonderful friend.

Next project: Print Anthology.

Last edited:
annaswirls said:
The Winter Issue of Mannequin Envy is up! I hope you get a chance to go check out the amazing artwork of Theresa Pfarr and some really wonderful poetry.

img.pfarr.bugaboo.jpg

I also re-did all of the archives : pantpant : which was labor intensive but necessary. If you have work in there or in the past, please check it out and let me know if there are any changes or additions you would like me to make. Also, I know that there is work that I still need to archive, if I missed something of yours (I already found out I missed one of my favorite artists do not take it personally) just drop me a line and I will add it. I am on my 3rd computer and 3rd web publishing program since I started the journal, so things have gotten out of control, and unification takes time and requires going back for those lost in the shuffffffle.

Next project: Print Anthology.

Great edition, Anna! Congrats to you, Patrick and Alex!. The site is very smooth. It's easy to navigate, very professional looking and filled with first-class visual and written artwork.

Sara Crewe said:
Great edition, Anna! Congrats to you, Patrick and Alex!. The site is very smooth. It's easy to navigate, very professional looking and filled with first-class visual and written artwork.

Thank you! That means so much to me! I am glad you got a chance to look over the site. I am humbled by the talent.

Sara Crewe said:
Calli and vampiredust have a whopping eleven poems posted between the two of them in the current edition of Word Riot! Congrats!!
The new Word Riot also has a review of the first book publication by an important "new" poet, here. Good poet, I think. Charles Ries gives a fair, though not fawning, review of the book, which can be ordered here. Read and judge for yerselfs, peoples.

Oh and, yup, you should buy it. Should. 'K? :)

P.S.: Also, Calli and vampd rock! Just sayin'. :)

Last edited:
Back