pussy or vagina, clit or clitoris

Hmm

Cunt it is a funny thing, it makes a man a fool, it takes away his appetite, and wears away his tool.

Can't think of one for vagina off hand.

Re: Hmm

pop_54 said:
Cunt it is a funny thing, it makes a man a fool, it takes away his appetite, and wears away his tool.
Aw, Pirate man, I had no idea you were a poet. Come rhyme with me.

Perdita :kiss:

Medieval-Man said:
I said some pg-13 things, and blushed for it.
Medi, this is why I love you. I would love to see you blush (though not by me, haha).

Yep, dick is a dopey word and I only use it when a dude is one. Cock is a fine word, don't use others.

keep blushing, Perdita :heart:

past tense - that's when the guy's supposed to say:
"Now that's what I call a wild cat!"

But on a serious note, folks (thud - damn, no ring to it), here is a writing question (again): should references to the divine organzma be consistent within the story, or should it escalate in language as the awareness of the participants become more concentrated on revealing the prize and it's singular (or in the case of women, possibly multiple) reactions?

-FF (doesn't reading erotica make us all voyeurs?)

ps. that's multiple reactions, not personalities, unless you're a radio personality, in which case you probably don't have reactions, you have lines - to read, not standing in the bedroom - never mind.

ffreak said:

But on a serious note, folks (thud - damn, no ring to it), here is a writing question (again): should references to the divine organzma be consistent within the story, or should it escalate in language as the awareness of the participants become more concentrated on revealing the prize and it's singular (or in the case of women, possibly multiple) reactions?

ps. that's multiple reactions, not personalities, unless you're a radio personality, in which case you probably don't have reactions, you have lines - to read, not standing in the bedroom - never mind.

Eff, dear, would you mind saying that in English? :confused:

Re: Re: pussy or vagina, clit or clitoris

Tatelou said:
I'm a pussy and clit girl, myself. :cathappy:

However, I have often been known to yell, "fuck my cunt HARD!" during the throes of passion. Ahem. :catroar:

Lou :eek:
DITTO

Welcome to Lit.:rose:

ffreak said:

Eff, good question.

I try to keep a certain amount of consistency in my stories up to the point of full blown, earth-shattering fucking and orgasm. But, not to the point where I use a word over and over again. When the couple (threesome, foursome, group, whatever) first start getting down and dirty I use words with a slightly softer feel (pussy, stroke, play, etc.) The language gets dirtier and coarser as things get hotter (cunt, fuck, ram her tight hot arse with his cock.) You get the picture. ;)

I also tend to speed the pace of the story up, by using shorter, choppy sentences.

Lou

Re: Yoni

I'm so glad I opened this thread, I almost didn't. Some of these turms I had almost forgotten, like snatch, which is pretty fun.

All and all, I think erotic writers need to focus *more* on the non-bodypart words. Overall, dick prick or cock do not a good or bad story make:)

oggbashan said:
I use "yoni" in my stories set in 19th century India. It fits with silken saris, dancing girls, Gods and Goddesses and as a contrast to Victorian English apparent prudity.

I don't think it is suitable for use in a present day story.

Og

I think Og makes an important point here. It depends on the story and the character, it's not something that you can answer generically. On kings of commedy (or maybe it was queens) one of the commedian makes a joke about white men calling having 'cocks' pointing to an african american preferance for the word 'dick' instead. To this particular performer and audience, the use of the turm cock was hilarious. Just a thought.

I try not to read to much british stuff, because arse just takes me out of the mood. I guess that would be because in America, it's often used as a comediac way to avoid the censorship that once took place on our airwaves of words such as ass. Its pretty acceptable to say 'ass' now however, you just cant' say 'asshole'
This of course is my personal preferance.

It also depends on where in the story you are. I wouldn't mind hearing that he 'slapped her on the bum' early on in the flirting stage, but later on in the story, the usage might seem childish and silly. It all depends of course on how its handled.

Of course, for advice this post sucks! But I abhor blanket statements about what a writer should or shouldn't do. "Never have the guy name his penis! That's just creepy and pretentious!" Well, what if the guys a pretentious creep? YOu get the idea.

We can give you guidelines and tell what we like, but you have to use your judgement. At some point in time, "secret garden of mysteries," might be the only phrase that will do!

MathGirl said:
Dear Med,
Don't be too hasty. That's taught in the last semester of high school. You may change your mind.
MG
Ps. I hope that wasn't you who called me at 9PM last night.

Is that an obscure reference to California's controversial sex education program?

Last edited:
sweetnpetite said:
Is that an obscure reference to California's controversial sex education program?
S&P: controversial? Sex is the least controversial issue in CA. We've got Arnold.

Perdita ;)

Hi

Tatelou said:
Eff, good question.

I try to keep a certain amount of consistency in my stories up to the point of full blown, earth-shattering fucking and orgasm. But, not to the point where I use a word over and over again. When the couple (threesome, foursome, group, whatever) first start getting down and dirty I use words with a slightly softer feel (pussy, stroke, play, etc.) The language gets dirtier and coarser as things get hotter (cunt, fuck, ram her tight hot arse with his cock.) You get the picture. ;)

I also tend to speed the pace of the story up, by using shorter, choppy sentences.

Lou

Yes dear I agree, I too begin the sexual activity with sensual seduction and teasing rather than going straight in with the mind bending fuck, then you build the tempo as the act (acts) progress, I mean sex in real life's like that, you don't have the orgasm first do you then wind down, you build up to it, (well most of us do, even if it does only last an average 3.5 minutes, statistics folks).

Dear DP (God I love that name - very distracting), to which part dost thou refer?

English? I thought this a multicultural forum (I won't tell you how many ways I mangled the multi word, all I'll say is it just took me a long time to stop laughing at my fingers arguing with my brain) - doesn't theoretical speak qualify as a foreign language - or is that reserved for Californian politicians - wait, Ahrnold ain't from California, where'd he learn to talk like a Democrat, oh yeah, Conan the Republican lives in Kennedy land.

-FF (thank you folks, by the way, for giving my question some serious answers)

ps. DP - if I give you a laugh, hon, I'll be happy - other than that, don't take me too seriously, except for when I'm serious - good luck on figuring that out, if you do, tell me, so I'll know.

pps. used to have a sign hanging in my office with a picture of Bill the Cat saying: "I've gone to look for myself, If I should return before I get back, keep me here!"

ffreak said:
Dear DP (God I love that name - very distracting), to which part dost thou refer?

English? I thought this a multicultural forum (I won't tell you how many ways I mangled the multi word, all I'll say is it just took me a long time to stop laughing at my fingers arguing with my brain) - doesn't theoretical speak qualify as a foreign language - or is that reserved for Californian politicians - wait, Ahrnold ain't from California, where'd he learn to talk like a Democrat, oh yeah, Conan the Republican lives in Kennedy land.

-FF (thank you folks, by the way, for giving my question some serious answers)

ps. DP - if I give you a laugh, hon, I'll be happy - other than that, don't take me too seriously, except for when I'm serious - good luck on figuring that out, if you do, tell me, so I'll know.

pps. used to have a sign hanging in my office with a picture of Bill the Cat saying: "I've gone to look for myself, If I should return before I get back, keep me here!"

Hehehe... I read the quote somewhere recently and LOVED it.

In response to your question, I think there are different ways you can go about it. One is what Tatelou's specified; and very nicely too so I won't get into it again. That's matching the pace of the sex to the story.

But then there is something like keeping to the mood of the piece. I wouldn't like to see 'I caught a glimpse of her love muffin' even in the beginning of a NonConsent story. I recently did. :rolleyes:

If the word being used is in dialogue then obviously the personality of the speaker would have to be taken into account. I have a personal theory saying that people who use one word for the penis - say 'cock', will use only 'cock' most of the time. When they say 'dick', it seems odd. Therefore, don't get your 'pussy' personality to say 'cunt' even when she's in the throes of orgasmic bliss.

Now that that's over, I was just kidding about the English Effy; and I love you too.

I prefer the technical term "thingie" when refering to .... you know.... down there.
MG

My personal favorite even though I have not (as yet) used it in one of my stories is:

"He slammed to monster schlong deep into her waiting tuna-pit."

I think it's rather poetic. :D

Dear DP, thank you for the thoughtful response. I am learning as I go here, and posts help me with my serial stories.

MG, my knees get weak when you're so technical.

Jenny, unfortunately, even though all Jewish men have schlongs, the only one that is of monster proportions belongs to the Gollum.

-FF (I feel so lucky, belonging to a family of such beautiful, articulate women)

ps. There're more women in the family than listed here.

AH - where the women are all beautiful and the men are all intellegent - and dreams sound real.

MathGirl said:
I prefer the technical term "thingie" when refering to .... you know.... down there.
MG

*GASP* I didn't know you were shy MG! Also, in my rescent information the term "Arse" is an amazing turn off for me. Since I'm going celibate (yes even self pleasing) for as long as I can in a test (tonight makes a week), I think of that word a lot, it's my "Cold Shower Command Word."

We all have these little words/things that turn us off to no end, like for me also, it's the idea of rape, it not only makes the blood go to my brain, and not my cock, it sends me into a "rage-like" state in which if I see someone trying to impose themselves on a woman, they will suffer my wrath!

(Being 5'11" tall, and 150 lbs heavy... is not good when trying to have wrath... I'm a twig with a brain.)

So, now I pose this, what's everyone's CSCW? (Cold Shower Commans Word)

Curiously Strong,
-Medi

PS. A back massage to everyone who guesses where the closing two words came from, and which variety of those, I prefer.

A throbbing blue-veiner harder than Chinese algebra

A heat-seeking moisture missle ready to bore its own hole

Seattle Zack said:
A throbbing blue-veiner harder than Chinese algebra

A heat-seeking moisture missle ready to bore its own hole

Now is this the guess, or your CSCW?

Guess: Wrong
CSCW.... yeah you're definately onto a Turn-Off... that sounds cool, on to a turn off... ^_^ Whee!

Blue veiner... *sigh* thankfully only one vein shows up on mine, and not terribly badly, for being pale everywhere else, my cock is oddly tan... :confused: don't ask, I have no fucking clue, (pun intended)

With love, and hugs!
Medi

Well, Medi, Altoids are the curiously strong mints. As for flavors I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have discovered a penchant for the newly introduced citrusy flavor.

The real question is whether you prefer to eat them yourself or have your lover eat them and then eat you. ;->

Words words words.

Cold Shower Words: moist, yoni, lingam, vomit, smegma

I've got nothing against vagina in the right context. I don't want to hear anyone say "vagina" to anyone else in sexy dialogue. I like pussy, cunt, snatch and occasionally twat although twat is the least sexy of them.

Tits, titties, breasts, nipples, nips and teats are fine. Boobs, boobies, knockers, mams, fleshy pillows are not.

Cock is my favorite. Dick works but not if you're talking about fucking pussy. Suck my dick or I'm going to put my dick in your ass or You've got my dick so hard I think I'm going to die all works fine. His dick pounded in and out of her sopping cunt isn't as good for me as cock.

Prick is a guy on a bus who shoves you or something you do to your finger.

Arse kind of takes me out of things because I'm all of a sudden "Oh, we're British. Right." Ass, cheeks or occasionally buttocks. Butt and bum are too innocent for my taste. Asshole kind of grosses me out. Anus or up the ass works better for me.

Hmmm.....that last line just didn't come out right.

-B

bridgeburner said:
Well, Medi, Altoids are the curiously strong mints. As for flavors I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have discovered a penchant for the newly introduced citrusy flavor.

The real question is whether you prefer to eat them yourself or have your lover eat them and then eat you. ;->...

-B
Well... let's see, the Brand, correct, the variety, no.
Who guesses next?

I'm a woman, and I've had the same worries. I guess it all depends on context. I'm also a nurse, so the term "vagina" and all it's permutations has a very clinical feel to it. I'd avoid it. "Cunt" is a very dicey word. In my sphere, it can be extremely erotic, yet it can be violently nasty. When I'm trying to convey moments of extreme passion, I'll use it. When I'm trying to write about tenderness, I use the terms "her sex" or "her pussy". There are times when "her twat" serves my purpose. Look for descriptive ways to describe it -- floral, life-giving, whatever. It all depends on the context. Just be careful

My related question is....how many ways are there to describe an erect cock? A few replies back, it was almost nailed (bad pun). But really, how does one find entertaining ways to describe an erection?

ffreak said:
AH - where the women are all beautiful and the men are all intellegent - and dreams sound real.

You've got it a bit wrong Eff.
The women are all beautiful and the dreams are all intelligent - and men sound real. Sometimes. :p

Back