Rejection of my stories

Should members be allowed stories that are real - when it is auto-biographical?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
perdita said:
...Think I'll go find some sun.

Perdita (and proud to be a cunt, btw) :cool:

Sunday was an awsome day to be outside. There was virtually no haze and the world was very colorful. I spent most of Sunday outside. Totally awesome day.

:)

Re: Good grief!

MathGirl said:
Dear DN,
I couldn't agree more. I've never used the "Ignore" function, but I think it was made for people like that.
MG
Is there really such a thing as a college degree in "Jewish Studies?" It must be for people who can't do anything more than be Jewish. Sigh

I'm wondering.....:confused:

Hey Wolfhond.

Oi, Sharpie. I'm going to guess you're a big fan of the book "Red London."

-A card-carrying cunt with a grown-out feathercut and a laurel tattoo.

Wolf Hond eight-oh-two
Editors reject
Welcome to Asshole's Hangout

(oopsie! wrong thread )

MlledeLaPlumeBleu & London Red

Oi Oi Oi!

I am assuming you mean "Red London" the band, and not the "London Red Book - an A to Z guide to London"????

I know of them I can't say I actually know them -- I haven't much time for music lately, and I am really bad at remembering bands names or names of songs -- I can't believe I remebered 'Red London' probably because I did run a DropKick Murphys Yahoo group and I still run a Flogging Molly Yahoo Group.

So you are in Seattle? I use to live there, for two years before moving here to Vermont, last year.

I lived in Ravenna Park right at the University District -- crawling distance to the Knarr, the Galway, and Irish Emigrant.

Cheers,
riain

Or perhaps you are talking about this book that is reviewed below. If you are, no I had not heard about it until now.

http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/redlon.htm

Stewart Home has been described as making the Marquis de Sade look like Barbara Cartland. Pure Mania, his first novel, was hailed by Time Out as 'the stuff of which cults are made'. The follow-up,Defiant Pose, was pronounced 'the ultimate cult novel' by the NME, while The Face praised it as 'a future underground classic'. Selecting No Pity, a collection of short stories, as his book of the year for 1993, Richard Smith declared in Gay Times that Home had 'consolidated his reputation as the only person currently writingfiction worth bothering with'.

Red London demonstrates once again that Home has grasped the future direction of the novel and is creating a fictional vision that will stand the test of time. While the work of other English writers is doomed to sink without trace because a wave of nostalgia hasdeprived contemporary literature of energy and life, Home has married the avant-garde theories of the Situationist International to the narrative techniques of pulp hacks such as Richard Allen and Guy N. Smith. The result is a cultural hybrid that is unprecedented in itsoriginality and vigour.

Red London is set in the now demolished East End terrace where Rachel Whiteread cast her 'sculpture' House. But whereas Whiteread saw the Grove Road dwellings as a universal symbol of Victorian domestic architecture, Home is concerned with the political implications of the specific history of these buildings. Housing isthe major determinant of political behaviour in Tower Hamlets and the municipal corruption exposed in Red London can lead to the election of far-Right candidates, as happened last year on the Isle of Dogs,or to anarchist insurrection of the type Home depicts in his novel.

One function of this book is to act as a corrective to theactivities of the cultural establishment. Rather than blocking discussion of social issues by filling a terraced house with concreteand then claiming this has transformed a particular building into something of 'universal' significance and therefore removed the need for anything other than 'aesthetic' debate, Home is interested inexposing the ideological function of 'serious culture'.

Yep, I mean Stewart Home :) Thought it was required reading for every gay freshcut. *laugh* In any case, you should check him out; you might dig him. I was introduced to his stuff by a skin ex-boyfriend (not gay) and there's sex, Carnaby Street fashion and violence aplenty...

Yeah, I live in on Cap Hill. Nice to meet you. The people on this board are very cool, by the way- I don't know what your original post was but I'm sure it was a misunderstanding.

Hmm, so do we have any mutual acquaintances? How about Noel Carlson? Do you know him?

Miss Blue-Pen

Two of my three stories finally ...

Two of my three stories were finally posted. Here is just one feed back:

This feedback was sent by: [email address removed]

Comments:

It seems I cum after reading your stories. Maybe I am more than a little curious huh? You do it for me every time and look forward to more. ;-)

*DO NOT hit the REPLY button to respond to this email.*

You know, if we all posted our feedback on the boards, it would make them pretty well useless.

feedback

You know if we all missed the point like you, we would still be living in the DARK AGES!

I think the point is his dick, MG, and it seems mighty ambivalent to me. I hate being mean, but this prick's been spewing pre-cum on overload.

Perdita

Careful!

perdita said:
I hate being mean, but this prick's been spewing pre-cum on overload.
Dear Perdita,
Be careful, big sister. He'll accuse you of antisemitism.
MG

hiddenself said:
Um... And what about all the millions of stories that are "true" as per the authors' assertions?

I'm pretty sure those stories are accepted because they are about as true as the story of Mikey(the kid that used to be on life cereal boxes ) dying from eating pop rocks with pepsi. It's probably the asumption of the people who run the site that when a character in a work of fiction says something is true it's dicounted as fiction as well. However when the author submits a story as an autobiography well then that's a totally different genre. Or you could have done like chicklet and posted a story that is true but posting a disclaimer saying that you changed the names and what notAn Eyefil -by chicklet

The reason your story can't be posted is because there could be legalities involved. In order to publish an actual autobiography you need to have the consent of the parties involved in the stories or list it as an unauthorized biography and so on and so forth because of laws involving defamtion of character.

Back