Sappy Romantic Chain Story Idea - Medieval Theme

RedHairedandFriendly said:
*chuckles*

What will you do if she falls for the evil villain? :eek: :p ;)

Well, I am a method actor . . . I'd hate to see such a sweet young princess turned into the tool of a twisted, perverse man . . . .

Oh, wait.

No, I wouldn't.

:p

slyc_willie said:
Well, I am a method actor . . . I'd hate to see such a sweet young princess turned into the tool of a twisted, perverse man . . . .

Oh, wait.

No, I wouldn't.

:p

LOL. . .Yeah, I knew there would be a retraction to that statement. :rolleyes: :D

I'll make sure to keep up with the chain once it starts posting to see if my muse can hook up with the storyline. I'm moving along pretty well in my current effort, with 30% of the original story re-edited and 6 chapters of Book II in the can. As long as I keep up that sort of pace, I'll have some free time to write off the side before long :)

Darkniciad said:
I'll make sure to keep up with the chain once it starts posting to see if my muse can hook up with the storyline. I'm moving along pretty well in my current effort, with 30% of the original story re-edited and 6 chapters of Book II in the can. As long as I keep up that sort of pace, I'll have some free time to write off the side before long :)
Sounds great. :D

I look forward to your muse invasion.

We have time here, since I can't really start until I am done with this whole doctor/patient, nonsexual, real life, unwanted, non-fantasy appt. I have. :rolleyes:

I love the idea Red. I am curious though. Do you plan to use medieval type language in your story or keep it at modern day? I've found that people get kind of grumpy if you accidentally stash in an okay in a historical.

If I can get these rewrites done, I'd love to join, let me know when you guys plan to start and I'll see what happens. I just sold my third manuscript to a new publisher and it looks like this one is going to take some work.

Hope the doc appointment goes good.

Daniellekitten said:
I love the idea Red. I am curious though. Do you plan to use medieval type language in your story or keep it at modern day? I've found that people get kind of grumpy if you accidentally stash in an okay in a historical.

If I can get these rewrites done, I'd love to join, let me know when you guys plan to start and I'll see what happens. I just sold my third manuscript to a new publisher and it looks like this one is going to take some work.

Very good point. There should probably be a couple of people proofing the dialogue of each submission for non-period phrases, words, etc. if it's going to be a period story - even if it's alternate reality period.

I've got a Board meeting coming up in about 10 days that's going to keep me busy for the best part of the following week. I'll have meetings, presentations, and discussions on all sorts of things for this organization. We decide what's happening and chart the course for the global expansion plans, training, how to best serve the members at the annual and regional and local conferences, and on and on and on, all in a little less than a week.

And you know what? I've found that some of the discussions are just too damn boring for words... so I've occasionally been writing stuff on my next novel for Lit. It keeps the mind alive and I occasionally can raise my hand and ask a question of the discussion and everyone's happy.

I'd be very interested in possibly participating in a romantic chain story, too. :) Please keep me posted.

Daniellekitten said:

I'm going to do my best to keep the language as Medieval as possible. I should have mentioned that. Medieval to me isn't hard. It is kinda like "broken" English in my opinion. I don't need thick drawl but some "rough" wording would fit better.

I'm so happy to hear you're interested and very happy to hear you've sold another manuscript. :D Congratulations!!!! It gives those of us that haven't a spark and we can secretly hope that when we submit something it'll get accepted. :D

Thanks for the luck on the Appt. It's Wednesday and if the surgeon can do it laproscopic I should be back on par within a few days. If she can't then it'll take longer.

Darkniciad said:
Very good point. There should probably be a couple of people proofing the dialogue of each submission for non-period phrases, words, etc. if it's going to be a period story - even if it's alternate reality period.

Do you folks know of someone who is very good at this and would be willing to do this for us?

john-the-author said:
I've got a Board meeting coming up in about 10 days that's going to keep me busy for the best part of the following week. I'll have meetings, presentations, and discussions on all sorts of things for this organization. We decide what's happening and chart the course for the global expansion plans, training, how to best serve the members at the annual and regional and local conferences, and on and on and on, all in a little less than a week.

And you know what? I've found that some of the discussions are just too damn boring for words... so I've occasionally been writing stuff on my next novel for Lit. It keeps the mind alive and I occasionally can raise my hand and ask a question of the discussion and everyone's happy.

I'd be very interested in possibly participating in a romantic chain story, too. :) Please keep me posted.

Hello john-the-author. As soon as I am ready to get this started (hopefully soon after the surgery) I'll be sure to post a schedule.

An early welcome if you do decide it is a sure thing and not a possibility. :)

Actually, two of the manuscripts I've sold, well really, all three are historicals. Remind me red to ship you the link to a new publisher I've found who is really wonderful. I think she'd love your stuff. I'll be praying everything goes easy and with no problems.

I can help if anyone needs it.

Daniellekitten said:
Actually, two of the manuscripts I've sold, well really, all three are historicals. Remind me red to ship you the link to a new publisher I've found who is really wonderful. I think she'd love your stuff. I'll be praying everything goes easy and with no problems.

I can help if anyone needs it.

Thank you Danielle. :rose: *hugs* I'll take you up on the offer for a publisher. :)

Also thanks very much for the prayers. *hugs*

And. . .I'll take you up on the reading of the words for the story too. :D

Total E-bound Give them a shot. They haven't launched yet but Claire's been wonderful.

Just give me a day or two to work on anything anybody wants previewed and I shouldn't have a problem going through it. I've found out the hardest thing to do is to keep from saying okay.

Daniellekitten said:
Total E-bound Give them a shot. They haven't launched yet but Claire's been wonderful.

Just give me a day or two to work on anything anybody wants previewed and I shouldn't have a problem going through it. I've found out the hardest thing to do is to keep from saying okay.

Thank you, very much. :rose:

Do you folks know of someone who is very good at this and would be willing to do this for us?

I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but one of my published short stories was a fantasy piece, and I tried to keep as much 'authentic' language as possible. Using 'aye' and 'mayhap' and things like that can do a lot for bringing the reader in and giving them the right idea of where -- and when -- the story takes place.

I'd be happy to share a copy of this story with everyone to see if they like how I use such dialogue. :D

slyc_willie said:
I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but one of my published short stories was a fantasy piece, and I tried to keep as much 'authentic' language as possible. Using 'aye' and 'mayhap' and things like that can do a lot for bringing the reader in and giving them the right idea of where -- and when -- the story takes place.

I'd be happy to share a copy of this story with everyone to see if they like how I use such dialogue. :D

Heck, I'll read it just because I like your work. :) I'm also willing to give anyone out there a look at my chapter when it is done to get opinions, both you and Danielle are more than willing to give it a look through and offer suggestions, edits, slanderous verbal abuse. . . :rolleyes: ;) :D

Heck, I'll read it just because I like your work. :) I'm also willing to give anyone out there a look at my chapter when it is done to get opinions, both you and Danielle are more than willing to give it a look through and offer suggestions, edits, slanderous verbal abuse. . . :rolleyes: ;) :D
No slanderous verbal abuse unless you reciprocate because dammit, I'm tired of letting my readers abuse me all the time and have all the fun. I want fresh meat...sigh.

Daniellekitten said:
No slanderous verbal abuse unless you reciprocate because dammit, I'm tired of letting my readers abuse me all the time and have all the fun. I want fresh meat...sigh.
I will do my best. :D LOL :D

Never fear, I'm still in, though I'd need a crash course in period speak...I'm great with accents but horrid with the phrasology :eek:

deathlynx said:
Never fear, I'm still in, though I'd need a crash course in period speak...I'm great with accents but horrid with the phrasology :eek:

No worries. We'll all help each other. :D Just like Laresa.

This time I will keep the first post updated with the "cheat sheet" facts and the schedule, still carrying the schedule off and on through the thread itself as a pop up, but for the most part when we are ready to start, the first post will be our reference page.

I'm about 2700 words into Chap. 1 and with the help of slyc and a website he found, I was able to get a visual for the castle. I'll have attachments to those later - again on the first page. The castle won't be on an island as depicted in the picture, but that's pretty much the only difference. Think. . .Frankenstein's Castle. ;) Oh wait. . .it is his castle. :D With a few changes, maybe, but right now I don't see them forming.

I've discussed some of slyc's idea about the villain with him and I'd like to use the same general idea that was used on Dry Valley's bad guy and Laresa's really bad guy. ;) . . I'd prefer no one write for slyc's bad guy without his prior okay and running your idea and story through him. He needs to control this character's personality and scheme. If too many people try then the ploys and plots of his deviousness could become mangled and confusing to not only us, the writer's, but the reader's as well.

Right now if I have read correctly we have. . .

Myself
deathlynx
slyc_willie
Darknicaid
DanielleKitten
john-the-author

and

possibly

sweetsubsarah (if she opts to not lurk and read, but join in (which we hope she does) ). :D

This is not the order of the writers. That will be set up when a schedule is set. Once the schedule is set, it doesn't mean it is written in stone. . .we have an edit button and I know how to use it. :D So if you need to change with someone, or your muse has flown to Tahiti without you, let me know and we can work something out.

I look forward to this ride and working with several of you again as well as working with some new chain story folks, but obviously well gifted writers.

~ Red. :)

Below is a projected schedule. I'm going to email the story to slyc and then Danielle or vice versa, doesn't matter to me, just want them both to take a look at it and either change wording if it needs it or suggest it. . .Both of you. . . I'm cool with you changing it there in the story, if you'd rather not do that then just put notations in it and I'll make the changes.

RedHairedandFriendly - May 18
slyc_willie - May 25
deathlynx - June 1
DanielleKitten - June 8
Darknicaid - June 15
john-the-author - June 22

The first submission isn't until next Friday, but that gives me time to make sure it is how I want it to be. I actually got this written the night before my surgery. I'll make up a cheat sheet and post it on the first post here on the thread, along with the schedule. The cheat sheet will come when I have a bit more umphf to write it, but it'll be there before the story pops up.

I'll update it as often as I need to and if someone sees something I missed, please don't hesitate to point it out to me and I'll add it. Again remember the schedule isn't written in stone and you can trade with folks if you need to, push your date back or someone else can catch the chapter for you if need to. This may sound chaotic and it will be if we all don't communicate with each other. This story won't be told in 6 chapters so if you decide you don't want to write a second one, third, fourth. . .etc. then don't hesitate to let me know, so I can fix the schedule accordingly.

I look forward to writing with everyone. :) ~ Red. :kiss: :)

*** sarah. . .If you're lurking. . .you can see the schedule for this first set of submissions goes into June, so we can still add you.

Woohoo!!! Great to see a schedule up! This should be a lot of fun! :D

Also let me know if you think the title works or if it needs another one. . .I like the title, but perhaps others have an idea for it? :D

Also let me know if you think the title works or if it needs another one. . .I like the title, but perhaps others have an idea for it? :D
What was the title again? :eek:

Back