Sappy Romantic Chain Story Idea - Medieval Theme

I think I can write that week. I'm out of town the following week, but if things go well, I should be perfectly set up to write the last week in June. It may be a little crunchy (deadline at work) but unless things get really hairy, this'll be the perfect de-stresser. ;)

John

Can I play?

deathlynx said:
Sweet! I'd say we should see if there's anyone else around...I do admit from Laresa it's less demanding (and stressful) when there are a few more people involed...
I really like to be involved in stuff where there is a large group...
I have never written a chain story like this, but it sounds like a ton of fun.
I would be happy to help out, if you will have me!
(only I don't do much with sap-- my chapters would probably have more in the way of wild sex, but I promise smooth transitions!)
Renee

Editing help

I can also help with your editing needs.
I am usually very prompt, and my knowledge of parts of speech (even ancient ones) is quite good.
I won't edit my own stuff though, because if I tried I would never get a story out.
I mean-- I edit it to a point, but the picking it apart and making sure every word fits has to be done by someone else.
Nee

Talynnda said:
I can also help with your editing needs.
I am usually very prompt, and my knowledge of parts of speech (even ancient ones) is quite good.
I won't edit my own stuff though, because if I tried I would never get a story out.
I mean-- I edit it to a point, but the picking it apart and making sure every word fits has to be done by someone else.
Nee
I'm sure Red will gladly invite you in. When she gets back, anyways. She's in the hospital right now recovering.

Hugs, Red get better soon.

Daniellekitten said:
I'm sure Red will gladly invite you in. When she gets back, anyways. She's in the hospital right now recovering.

Hugs, Red get better soon.

She will be back with us eventually. :rose:

I would think, when she does come back, we will have to adjust our schedule of posting, both because of Red's surgery and the potential inclusion of new writers.

At the moment, I think it best that we all just put this project on a (very) temporary hiatus.

I wish I was good at writing with deadlines, maybe then I'd be able to do a chain...*sighs cause medieval is her thing* I'm also not sure how to deal with what people have already written, may talk to hubby about working on a chain story and see what all it entails and how hard it is...*stops thinking outloud now*

Wanted to give this a bump and keep it fresh while Red's recovering. She had her surgery this morning, but I'm having phone problems and she isn't able to call me. Hopefully, she'll let either Pleaz or Wyld know how it went.

As for the story, right now we're working with the basic idea that Red's starting the chain with Princess Evelyn being inaugurated, and then I'll follow with the introduction of the villain, Bagdemagus. Writers are, of course, encouraged to introduce their own characters, and through Red's 'cheat sheet,' PM and email, we will all coordinate those characters' use in other stories.

Once Red gets back (hopefully in a couple days), we'll get this ball a-rollin' ;)

Talynnda said:
I really like to be involved in stuff where there is a large group...
I have never written a chain story like this, but it sounds like a ton of fun.
I would be happy to help out, if you will have me!
(only I don't do much with sap-- my chapters would probably have more in the way of wild sex, but I promise smooth transitions!)
Renee

Hi there. :)

Could you PM me a story you have written please. :D

I don't mind new writers at all.

You mentioned not being able to do sap. . .which is fine; you mention hot sex, which is great.

I need a mixture of story and sex. Some chapters won't have sex, example. . .chap. 1. There is no sex in the opening chapter and it is a small chapter. I don't see this being the only chapter without sex.

I'll add you to the schedule, please remember that the first post will have the cheat sheet (coming in a sec) and not to use Bagdemagus without okay from slyc_wille.

MrsDeathlynx said:
I wish I was good at writing with deadlines, maybe then I'd be able to do a chain...*sighs cause medieval is her thing* I'm also not sure how to deal with what people have already written, may talk to hubby about working on a chain story and see what all it entails and how hard it is...*stops thinking outloud now*
:rose:
Deadlines can cause issues for some. I know it did for Tseranc in Laresa and he wasn't aware of that until he joined a chain. (He mentioned this publicly so it is no secret).

I hope you get a chance to read the story once it starts and let us know what you think. :rose:

I like Medieval too. :)

Below is the edited post of post one for the thread. I'll be submitting my chapter tomorrow. :D I really look forward to seeing how this story flows and what happens to not only Evelyn, but others involved in her life. :D

RedHairedandFriendly said:
The following was a story idea I had on a whim a while back for an SRP. The SRP failed, but the story still hammers to be written. I'm starting from the first post I ever wrote for that SRP and beginning again. I’m not finished with this first chapter, so yes there will be more for it, but for now I’m curious as to what others may think of joining me in this chain story.

The story is of a girl, raised a peasant, but everyone in the surrounding area knows her true identity. She’s been kept safe, yet she’s never been educated or even really cared for. To all that know her, she is a Princess, but she was never going to amount to much. Now though that’s changed. She’s now Queen. . .so what can we do to Evelyn?

Schedule

RedHairedandFriendly - May 18
slyc_willie - May 25
deathlynx - June 1
DanielleKitten - June 8
Darknicaid - June 15
john-the-author - June 22
Talynnda - June 29

King Richard of Vix:
Father (deceased) Married several times to various women - who upon being barren were “disposed” of)

Evette Adair Fourth Queen of Vix
: Mother (deceased) - died after birthing Evelyn

Evelyn (Evie) Adair Queen of Vix: (Your Highness) eighteen years old; chestnut colored hair, long and very curly - often braided (though it often gets loose). Hazel eyes

Brilliant: Evelyn’s mare from the village. (described as dappled)

Cedric of Vix: Evelyn’s best friend (male), from the village, blue eyes,

Chancellor: Benedict, green eyes (Your High Excellency)

Lord Chamberlain: no name yet

Muriel: Housekeeper (Former lady’s maid that was there in the room when Evelyn’s mother, Evette Adair Fourth Queen of Vix died.)

Prince Drest: Neighboring kingdom’s heir. Potential spouse for Evelyn.

Rebecca: Evelyn’s lady’s maid

Bagdemagus: Wizard. Enemy of the kingdom by decree of King Richard 'The Spectre That Walks'

--

A few polite things to remember as we all work together. :)

Please do not write Bagdemagus into your story without the okay from slyc_willie. If you feel there is a part in your story that really needs Bags then please contact slyc and discuss it with him. :) Thanks.

Try really hard not to steer from a character(s)' personality too quickly, unless you can explain it realistically. . .example: poisoning, drinking, sleepwalking. . .

When in doubt. . .ask someone. :D

As character(s) details become more involved I'll add it here. Just PM me what you want to see on the cheat sheet and I'll put it in, or post it in the thread. :)

The first chapter is short but introduces several characters. I can see so many different things happening and I am excited to see what happens when everyone is involved. :D Stories inside of stories. :D

Oh I'll definitely read it, medieval is one of my favorite genres. *hugs* glad to see you back. :rose: :heart:

MrsDeathlynx said:
Oh I'll definitely read it, medieval is one of my favorite genres. *hugs* glad to see you back. :rose: :heart:
Thank you very much. *hugs* :rose: :heart: :) I am glad to be back. I feel almost like me again. :)

You do realize...

you have me scheduled to post my chapter on or before my birthday...
Not that that should affect my posting at all, just that I find it an interesting coincidence. :D

slyc_willie said:
With time, milady, with time *bows* ;)
:kiss:

Talynnda said:
you have me scheduled to post my chapter on or before my birthday...
Not that that should affect my posting at all, just that I find it an interesting coincidence. :D

Well, early birthday to ya. :)

*first page edit*
Newest added stuff in RED bold

Please remember as the story develops the chapters listed may or may not occur. So you may/may not have to write. There is no projected number of chapters to complete this chain.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
*bites lip*

Submitted. . . .

I love it when you submit :p

I'll have mine done tonight, and give it an edit and polish. I'll wait until I see yours up before submitting mine, or the 25th, whichever comes first. :)

slyc_willie said:
I love it when you submit :p

I'll have mine done tonight, and give it an edit and polish. I'll wait until I see yours up before submitting mine, or the 25th, whichever comes first. :)

*sighs dreamily* ;)

I look forward to reading yours. :D

I was just thinking

We have a great male villain, but what about a seductive female villain? One who attempts to seduce the princess and/ or the one(s) she loves. Strike princess, I meant QUEEN.
Always up for more antagonists. And this one could be used by all.
;)
Nee

deathlynx said:
I'm gonna need to read both of them through before I begin to write :eek:
I'll send you my chapter later on today, in a rush right now. :kiss:
Talynnda said:
We have a great male villain, but what about a seductive female villain? One who attempts to seduce the princess and/ or the one(s) she loves. Strike princess, I meant QUEEN.
Always up for more antagonists. And this one could be used by all.
;)
Nee

I'm not adverse to that.

My suggestion is this. . . don't think to far ahead of the story. You may find yourself locked on an idea and then realize it isn't going to work, because there is no real way to blend it in. Each chapter has to blend with the other.

Back