Shit stirrer

I reject the word "divine"; it has a positive connotation that I haven't implied.

In one argument, feelings have a metaphysical source (beyond physics, beyond matter), while in the other, they are an illusion. An illusion where love and compassion originated as self-preserving mechanisms for an individual and their offspring. The idea that a random collection of molecules could create such a sophisticated mechanism is inconceivable, but let's set that aside for now.

I deliberately oversimplified my description of an atheist to focus on corresponding with the OP rather than engaging in a pointless philosophical debate. You might have noticed this had you not felt compelled to defend yourself.
Uh-huh... 🤭🤭

I can't help but notice that God-given feelings have a "source", whereas feelings driven by nature are condemned to the status of "illusion." God and nature are both sources. Why is one more illusory than the other? All you've done is rephrased yourself; you haven't addressed the crux of your argument. Why does the fact that feelings originated as "self-preservation mechanisms" make them "illusions"? You have not established a causal relationship in the slightest.

You continue to talk in absolutes.

And you didn't oversimplify your definition of atheist. "Simplification" is not simplification if you completely alter the definition of the word. Atheists don't believe in God/Gods. That's already simple. You didn't "simplify" your definition, you broadened it to encompass all abstract forms of thought such as emotion or philosophy. Then, as Bramblethorn noted, a strange no true Scotsman seemed to reveal itself in your lines of 'discussion'.

Attachments

• 1716791276412.png
    1716791276412.png
    865.5 KB · Views: 5
It is my belief that all of this is actually part of one very kinky erotic role-playing game because that's the only way I could imagine grown-ass adults thinking it's a good idea to discuss religion on a site called "Literotica."
That's too bad, I was getting ready to start the predestination vs Free will argument.

There is no free will: your (pre)destination is always Mom's pussy.
Ah, a circular theory of a sort, something along the lines of what Hawking hypothesized about the universe. But then, the question will soon arise. Did mom first give birth to son or did he fuck her first? Is he his own father? Who was there first, proto-mom or proto-son?
Fascinating stuff ;)

Ah, a circular theory of a sort, something along the lines of what Hawking hypothesized about the universe. But then, the question will soon arise. Did mom first give birth to son or did he fuck her first? Is he his own father? Who was there first, proto-mom or proto-son?
Fascinating stuff ;)
You might say: who came first?

Fascinating stuff ;)
I know of one Phillip J. Fry who ended up his own grandfather.

Going back to the original point of the thread, I don’t think OP actually made it in the hope of finding a “reasoned response” about his ideas on cheating. Because this is at least the third time I’ve seen him do it, and the tired old arguments about how “maybe cheating actually improves the sex life of the person being cheated on” and the dismissal of all who disagree with him as ‘trolls’ are kind of old hat at this point.

Fascinating stuff ;)
1716863598505.png

Back