Speaking of full frontal male nudity

Well, I just finished watching George Clooney in _O Brother, Where Art Thou?_, a freakish yet strangely compelling movie. No full frontals, alas.

However, it is the movie that convinced me the man can really act. So often those TV pretty boys can't.

I would, though, be quite happy with a skin flick that didn't showcase his acting ability, but rather his other...attributes. *drools*

An aside to SeaCat: I do hope you don't think my AV is supposed to be me!

Although I do take your point. I doubt I would ever post a photo of someone else as my AV.

Mhari said:
Well, I just finished watching George Clooney in _O Brother, Where Art Thou?_, a freakish yet strangely compelling movie. No full frontals, alas.

However, it is the movie that convinced me the man can really act. So often those TV pretty boys can't.

I would, though, be quite happy with a skin flick that didn't showcase his acting ability, but rather his other...attributes. *drools*

"Aaaaaaah am a man... Of constant Sorrrroooowwwww"

raphy said:
*laughs*

The best line must be, "I'm a Dapper Dan man!" though.

Or maybe, "Ooooh whee, that was some mighty fine a-pickin' and a-singin'."

Hmm, or even, "The color guard is colored!"

What a lovely, warped movie. *grin*

raphy said:

I like you, raphy. A man of few words, but you always make me smile.

Winner of the Most Succinct Post award..."Oh look. Lunch."

:D

I've always thought George Clooney was a very good looking man. Wasn't he the cop in Sisters? Played opposite Sela Ward? If so, I first noticed him then. Yowza!

shereads said:
I like you, raphy. A man of few words, but you always make me smile.

Winner of the Most Succinct Post award..."Oh look. Lunch."

:D

Ah yes, some believe my terseness comes from a naturally efficient vocabulary, but really the truth is I can only afford to put me 1 cent in, because 2 would break the piggybank ;)

But thank you *bows*

:rose:

Mhari: re. that warped movie, my fave line was Tim what's-his-name saying that if he could be a woman he'd be "a LEZZ-bee-in slut".

Perdita ;)

perdita said:
Mhari: re. that warped movie, my fave line was Tim what's-his-name saying that if he could be a woman he'd be "a LEZZ-bee-in slut".

Perdita ;)
That one is great too. Wrong movie, though. That's 'The Good Girl' and, alas, Mr Clooney was nowhere in sight on that one...

L.Hynde, thanks for correcting me, I'd hate for anyone to miss out on that line. Tim WHN was in both movies so I got confused.

Perdita :rolleyes:

raphy said:
It saddened me to read that that wasn't Georgie himelf doing the singing. The other two Soggy Bottom Boys held their own though.

Icingsugar said:
It saddened me to read that that wasn't Georgie himelf doing the singing. The other two Soggy Bottom Boys held their own though.
Well, he does claim that he had privately practiced and was ready to do it, but found out already on the set that the production had hired Dan Tyminski to do it...

Lauren.Hynde said:
Well, he does claim that he had privately practiced and was ready to do it, but found out already on the set that the production had hired Dan Tyminski to do it...

And do it well...

Raph, with both movie and 'Down from the Mountain' music concert DVD..

Last edited:
And so, perverse Perdita can't help but wonder if Mr. Tyminski does full frontal. :p

Dunno about Tyminski and full frontal, but anyone who likes warped movies should also check out _Raising Arizona_. No Clooney, but it does have Nicholas Cage, who is tasty in his own way.

It was done by the same crazy folks who made _O Brother_. They also did _Fargo_, which is equally warped, but too violent for my taste.

Mhari said:
Dunno about Tyminski and full frontal, but anyone who likes warped movies should also check out _Raising Arizona_. No Clooney, but it does have Nicholas Cage, who is tasty in his own way.

It was done by the same crazy folks who made _O Brother_. They also did _Fargo_, which is equally warped, but too violent for my taste.
Oh, Raising Arizona is one of my favourites. I saw some of its influence in O Brother, when George 'Baby Face' Nelson started shooting all the cows. :D

Two other Cohen Brothers' movies that I really love were The Big Lebowski, with a Jeff Bridges in exceptional form, and The Man Who Wasn't There, probably Billy Bob Thornton's best.

Their latest, Intolerable Cruelty, was just what the title says, though. Blah. (On the other hand, it did have a very scrumptious Clooney in it. :D)

Clooney also played the bad factory boss on the first "Roseanne" series, he was a cad to her sister.

Perdita

Mhari said:
...which, (very off-topic), is the only movie I've gone to see after hearing five seconds of it's soundtrack score. The film itself was great, but the music haunts me still.

Violent? I'd say the violence in Fargo is very... mundane. Clumsy, ugly, like in real life. But is it excessive? Naah.

But ok, back to the topic (While still on Fargo). My sister has admitted to having a major thing for William H Macy, and also fancying Steve Buscemi.

Women, I'll never understand some of you.

Icingsugar said:
[BMy sister has admitted to having a major thing for William H Macy, and also fancying Steve Buscemi.
Women, I'll never understand some of you.[/B]
I'm with your sis, Cakeman. It's more than looks that hooks us gals.

Other non-Cloonies that raise my best hackles: Gene Hackman, Tim WHN, Paul Scofield, Tim Roth, Luiz Guzman. There are more, memory bad.

Perdita

Icingsugar said:
...which, (very off-topic), is the only movie I've gone to see after hearing five seconds of it's soundtrack score. The film itself was great, but the music haunts me still.

I say the same thing about the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack :)

Back